Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-12-2007, 03:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 135

Height: 5f 2"

Angry Exercise is putting on weight???

Just keep a positive mindset and things will workout fine.

I am saying this to myself a lot since morning when i realized that 1.5 weeks of exercise and ended up as almost 2 lbs in my weight
this is soooo soooooo very depressing... i dont know where i went wrong....

Has anyone faced the same problems????

I am v v today.
cheetos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:20 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Well there are a couple things.
1) exercising will often cause you to retain water, making you weigh slightly more for a short period of time
2) If you aren't watching your calories, then it doesn't really matter how much exercise you are doing, you can still overeat.

If you are watching your calories, then this may be a small blip and a result of water retention.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I was first gonna check out your fitday but the link doesn't work. Can you go there and make your page public?

Ok then ... yes exercise can add weight, but it's not fat. Worked out muscles can retain water. Temporary really because worked muscles use more calories and help you lose weight and they're smaller and look better. How are your jeans fitting?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:32 PM   #4  

Oh thankyou so much Susan and Nelie for reassuring me that its not fat weight I have put on!
Susan my jeans are fitting just the same. No change at all.
My husband did say i am looking a bit leaner than before though I just ignored the remark knowing the truth abt my weight!
I am following a strict diet plan and I havent really got the time to update my FitDay. Sorry abt that. I will be more regular with that now.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Cheetos...I know what you mean. I have been taking 3 or 4 classes a week , this is my 4th week....and I haven't dropped a pound. Nor have I really seen any difference in the measureing tape. I do know that my legs are sore alot of the time though. So, i know I am working my muscles out pretty hard. I keep thinking it has to be water retention in my muscles...but it can be very discourageing. I am not giving up and neither should you. Definately just make sure you are keeping up with everything you eat and how often you excersize. I am definately making sure I do that from now on so I can look back and see if i need to be making any changes in my calories or my food choices (i'm pretty sure i've got to get more veggies in my diet though). But keep your chin up and just keep plugging away. You will get there!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

Muscle weighs more than fat, right? And the more muscle you have, the more fat you can burn. Just keep your mind on that!
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:13 PM   #7  
Working My Way Back Down

Quote:
Muscle weighs more than fat, right?
Nope. They weigh the same! It's just that muscle is denser, so a pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat!

Here's a link that shows you:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atta...chmentid=17582
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:43 PM   #8  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

When I first started I didin't see anything scale-wise for a few weeks. Nothing at all on the measurments until I'd lost 8-10 lbs. It's working; just have faith and keep on doing what you're doing. Eventually it will show up on the scale and measurements. Also, drink that water. I know, boring over-used advice. But if you're retaining fluid due to exercise drinking water will help release it. Keep up the good work!!

Jo
Is that really me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:30 PM   #9  

Thanku guys This support means a LOT to me.
I'll take your advise and glunk down more water
Old 04-12-2007, 07:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I know how you feel Cheetos!

I've gained weight recently to the point where by the scale I'm not far off my high school weight of 152 pounds (I'm about 140 pounds now) but I am a good few sizes smaller!

I was sitting around 130-132 pounds for ages and then stepped up the exercise to running about 5-6 days a week and taking a spin class 3 - 4 times a week and my weight went UP and not down...oh did I ever freak out lol.

Our bodies are weird...
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote