Old 04-11-2007, 08:58 PM   #1  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default Shorter hair

Hi Everyone!

I noticed that since I don't have a double chin anymore, I can wear my hair shorter and look good with it short! I used to hide behind my longer hair just like I tried to hide in my clothes. Anyone else find that as you are losing weight you are coming out of hiding?
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:05 PM   #2  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Yes, I have more colorful clothing than I've had in years. I'm drawn to PINK shirts like a 10 year old girl is. I have to make myself look at other colors. Also just bought a red car. I don't think I would have done that 145 lbs ago either.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:09 PM   #3  
Slowly Shrinking

S/C/G: 271/157/145

Height: 5'9"

I've started to wear jeans that are a little tighter all around, and shirts that lay close to my body instead of just being baggy. Oh, and I'm all about the short hair too!! It feels light, like the rest of me, and I don't mind flinging it around.
Christine in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

I can absolutely relate! Not only was I hiding behind my hair, I was hiding behind my glasses, clothes, everything. Now, I keep my hair trimmed shorter, wear my contacts, and take much more joy in picking out cute clothes to wear every day. So much more fun than trying to blend into the woodwork!
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:34 PM   #5  
Its all about choices

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Smile Too Funny

I got my hair cut short last summer. I quit hiding behind my hair too. It's still short, and I love the fact that my jawline is showing again! And I like to wear shirts that fit now, not shirts that are baggy. And I love to wear pink too!
NickiB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:20 PM   #6  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Well, my hair is almost to my knees and I don't consider myself to be hiding behind it. However, I have started taking more time with it and fixing it better now that I have started feeling better about taking control of my life. I think this is very much tied to the weight loss issue and lack of self confidence!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:55 AM   #7  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

My new Goal toy is a Benz SLK when i hit it....even though my 06 civic with navi appeals to my practical side..... also my mobile is up for sale after a year, going to my Sons house to live and help him out.... Instant exercise, and no gym fees....lol
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I know exactly what you mean about your hair; people would always tell me to pull my hair back because it was down in my face - but that's exactly the way I liked it. After losing some weight I've taken to wearing it up, which is something I did only when I was required before (in my chemistry labs) and I hated it then!
Katheryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:38 AM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Coming out of hiding? Big time - and LOVING IT!!!

- I bought myself a tank top to work out in, along with my workout pants. My kids saw it yesterday and said "Whoa, sexy mama." Then DH saw me and almost passed out.
- I am wearing really, really fitted clothing, especially my shirts. I love showing off my small waist and back. I used to walk around in shapeless sacks - no more. My clothing is so nice and tailored now. I love each and every outfit I have. It's so hard to choose now and so much fun! Such a switch from DREADING to get dressed in the mornings.
- I am also loving anything with an open neck - I can't get enough of these new collar bones of mine.
-The sun always bothered my eyes when I was outside and I couldn't walk out of the house without sunglasses and a few years ago I just stopped wearing them - I felt so silly in them and like such a standout. Now, I've rediscovered them. I have so much more confidene that I don't care if I standout.
-As far as the hair, I often wear it clipped so that it's half up. Yesterday, I actually wore it in a cute little ponytail, left some side wisps hanging out. I loved it. And of course it was another opportunity to show off one of my thinnest parts of me, my new jawline, neck (love the little hollow thing I've got going there) and collarbone area.

It is just an amazing transformation. I revel in it day after day.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:08 AM   #10  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

I chopped about 8 inches off of my hair in February, after I'd lost about 30 pounds. It felt great and I think my longer hair was just weighing me down.
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:18 AM   #11  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

When I first lost 75 lbs, I went to shorter hair and haven't gone back since. It isn't short but it is shorter than I used to have it. I really love it. I also do play a bit with colors more now than ever. I've always worn kind of revealing clothes so that hasn't changed much I wear skirts more often now and I also have more heels now than I've ever had.

If I got to goal, I might hire a stylist or something to help me with shopping and possibly hair. I'm just starting to break into misses sizes and it is a scary world for me. I'm ready for it though.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Jenny - I did the SAME thing! The ends of my hair were so thin and dead anyhow, I just told them to cut till they got to healthy hair, it ended up being about 10" off!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:30 AM   #13  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

oh yes..
I have been coming out of hiding for a year now.. it's such a great feeling.. I used to be very outgoing..

I just recently colored my hair red again.. (used to years ago before the fat years).. and it's cute.. I am seriously thinking about a funky, updated SHORT (very short) haircut.. but it's VERY long right now.. (about 10 inches below my shoulders).. I feel it coming though..

I have always enjoyed dressing very feminine.. now I am slowly finding more outfits that I love...
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:47 PM   #14  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Hey! I thought that I was the only one.
Yes, I hid behind long hair and glasses and baggy unflattering clothing because I had this why bother attitude.
Now I have shorter hair (shoulder length as opposed to near mid-back) and wear my contacts daily so I can meet the world eye to eye.
I also make an effort to wear makeup and earrings as well as more form fitting fashionable clothing.
It has been a very girly experience dressing up all the time! I have never been a vain person, and now I am discovering the 13 year old within haha.
But, it can also be aggrevating, as I am much more prone to fat/ugly-"head" days. I think that that is because I more more effort into my appearance and when I am having a "nothing looks good on me I am ugly" day it hurts me more.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:54 PM   #15  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post

If I got to goal, I might hire a stylist or something to help me with shopping and possibly hair. I'm just starting to break into misses sizes and it is a scary world for me. I'm ready for it though.
Ummm, excuse me. IF I get to goal? What kind of talk is that young lady? I don't want to be hearing any IF's. It's WHEN I get to goal. WHEN - not IF. Got it? Good.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote