Old 04-10-2007, 12:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/225/165

Height: 5'8

Default Looking for friends to take the Atkins journey with

I am 42 year old female. I did Atkins about 2 years ago and went from a size 20W to a 14. I was at a stand still for about 3 months and gave up. I originally started Atkins because my friend was getting married and I did not want to be the fat bridesmaid. My brother was doing Atkins and lost a lot of weight. So I did it and lost the weight I wanted to for the wedding. Again I got discouraged because of the stand still. Well 2 years later and I am a size 18. In September I am getting married and I don't want to be the fat bride. So I am starting Atkins again. I really don't go by the scales. Realistically I will be happy to be a size 12. I am looking for some friends to go on the weight loss journey with. People male or female that would like to share the good and bad. I will check in everyday. If you are interested let me know and if not thanks for visiting. Zina
zinawarriorforGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:41 PM   #2  
Baby Steps

Zina, you've come to the right place for weight loss friends. THe people here are AMAZING!! Come join us on the weekly chat. It's where we "hang out". Welcome
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 303/303/175

Height: 5'6

Hi zina! id love to have someone to check in with every day. it really helps keep u motivated. I used to have an atkins buddy on another board when i did this diet 3 years ago. If u have yahoo or aim u can find me there Looks like their is a lot of support on this site. I like it here!
Dropzofjupiter29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Hey Dropz and Zina -- I'm just starting again with Atkins, too. I'd love to have some extra accountability as well. We know this works -- so let's help each other along the way!
ThinMeWantsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:20 PM   #5  

hi thinmewantsout! welcome
Old 04-16-2007, 10:12 AM   #6  

Hi Dropzofjupiter29, Dropzofjupiter29, Thank you for responding. I am doing Atkins and it is hard to find small support groups to check in with. But I would love to be buddies with you two. I am getting ready for my daycare right now but just wanted to touch base with you. Have a great day and I will check in later. Zina
Old 04-16-2007, 03:29 PM   #7  

i am also in child care! Thats pretty cool
Old 04-17-2007, 10:53 AM   #8  

How is everyone today? I hope all well. I love doing home daycare. Not only do I get to care and love other children, but I don't have to worry about who is watching mine. The parents are wonderful. Do you work in your home or at a center? Well I will go for now my kids are comming. Take care and have a blessed day. Zina
Old 04-17-2007, 12:27 PM   #9  

i was working as a nanny. My last family no longer needs my services. So looking for another job now. I may be taking a regular job. I have interviews today eeeeek. So im gonna be on the road most of today. I gotta stick to my diet today! ahhh!!!!!!! So far so good. I had the munchies sooo bad yesterday. So i ate a couple hard boiled eggs lol. Hope everyone has a great day today
Old 04-18-2007, 02:36 PM   #10  

I hope your job interviews went well. I hate job interveiws. I still get interveiewed by parents to bring their children to my home. But it is not so bad because I am on my own territory. If that makes sense. I have been doing ok on Atkins till night then I want ice cream or something sweet. I have bought the low carb candies, they seem to help. Well I will go for now, let me know how the job hunting went. Zina
Old 04-18-2007, 02:52 PM   #11  

last night was the worst for me!! i was craving sweets soooooo bad. i went and got a spoonful of sugar free cool whip lol. About 1 carb there. But it helped lol. My interview went ok. Today i have another one. This guy is a real stickler too. The agency has sent 20 people over and he hasnt been happy yet. So we will see how that goes eeeeeek. If i land that i almost want to celebrate with an ice cream sundae! ha ha. Maybe ill just settle for some sugar free low carb cookies. MMM yummy!
Old 04-18-2007, 05:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

Hello everyone!!!! I am on my 4th day of Atkins and I must say I feel great!!!! I will be glad to be buddies with all of you!!!! Hey Zina and Droptz, I work at a center. I teach 2 yr olds. Challenging, but I love it. I worked at my friends family childcare home for 3 yrs. Then my friend was offered a position to be a Director at a center and we both work there now. I must say I like a center, but the fcch to me was much better. Lower ratios. You can give the kids more of your attention, when you have less. Anywhoo, nice to meet you all. Have a great day!!!!!!
pacemomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:46 PM   #13  

Hi pace! thats cool all of us working with children! he he. I just got a new job today tho. Working at a hotel! Im really excited cuz i wanted something graveyard with good pay. And now i got it! I start tomorrow. Im on my 5th day of atkins. So were about at the same! your 12 lbs has that been since u just started? The first 2 weeks are nuts cuz so much comes off! But i luv it!he he. Im down 10 since i weighed on friday morning.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

I have lost about 4 lbs. The 12 lbs was doing weight watchers. Hey congrats on your loss!!! 10 lbs!!! That's awesome!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!! I am going on my 6th day tomorrow and it has been really good so far. I am past having the headache and the grouchiness. I haven't been craving sweets. (Those darn kids and their snacks!!) I thought being around the kids at daycare I would do like normal and eat everything in sight. Daycare is where I put all my weight on. Eating nervously constantly. I love my job, but it can be very stressful!!! You know about all that!!! I hope to talk to you soon. Keep on trucking chick!!!! You r doing great!!!!!!!!! -Paula
pacemomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 07:38 AM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Zina & Dropz & Pacemom
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote