Old 04-09-2007, 10:38 PM   #1  

Default Hey there, I'm new...

Hey all.

My feelings are mixed at the moment as I really want help and need support in losing weight. BUT, at the same time I am afraid that someone will find out that I'm here and make fun of me.

That's my main problem, being made fun of. I'm constantly being cut down because of my weight. I HATE when one of my coworkers makes a comment about a customer being fat (not to them, after they've left.) Although it's not directed towards me, it hurts me.

I am 19 years old and incredibly overweight. I've always been overweight. I love my parents dearly but when I was younger they'd give me food as comfort. It's always been my comfort.

I've tried eating healthy, but it seems whenever someone cuts me down, I go back to old habits. I've tried excersizing but it just leaves me incredibly exhausted. I work from 5:30am-3:00pm, on my feet the whole period except for 15 minutes for a break.

I've tried going on more walks, with 4 dogs it proves to be enjoyable, but the whole exhaustion things goes into play. My feet KILL me by the end of the day.

Work is another problem. I work in fast food = free food for me.

The last time I weighed myself I was nearly 220 lbs. I'm not sure where I'm at at the moment (I do not own a scale, but I will be purchasing one.) I am around 5"6'.

I'd like to be around 140 lbs. Another issue is me thinking it's going to take forever to lose the weight. How long has it taken you all to lose around 80 lbs?

Anyhow...
A bit more about myself. My name is Kay and I am located in Florida. Dogs and photography are my passions in life. It's funny, I'm heavily into dog nutrition, my dogs eat a complete natural diet, get plenty of excersize..... and I'm like this!

Here are my four kids:

Last edited by Love4Dogs; 04-09-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Love4Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:23 PM   #2  
Chubby vegan :\

Height: 5'9"

Talking Welcome!

Hello there and welcome!

I’m a dog lover, too! That photo is amazing – you must be a genuine Dog Whisperer to get them to pose like that! Cute doggies and beautiful photography.

I’m new here, too, but I’ve already found that these 3FCers are the most supportive, genuinely caring folks you’ll find anywhere. They never seem to tire of helping us newer people. I know you’ll find the encouragement you need here and I’m glad you’ve posted.

Christine
Christine in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:29 PM   #3  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Welcome, you have some beautiful dogs.

If you want to lose weight, you can, even while working in fast food. There may be temptations, but if you find other good foods to like, soon those temptations won't be taunting you any more.

As for your coworkers - ignore them. There will always be people like that in the world. Most people make fun of others to prevent others from seeing their flaws.

Good luck to you.
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:27 AM   #4  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

This is the best place for support and encouragement for weight loss! Glad to have you!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:11 AM   #5  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! Beautiful dogs!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:15 AM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Kay! I'm so glad you decided to join us. You can do this. Try making small changes at first...like packing a healthy lunch or just walking for 15 minutes each day. The small changes will eventually add up to some major positive changes for you
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:01 PM   #7  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default Hi!

Kay! What beautiful dogs. I'm in florida too, what part are you in? This is a great place, people will really support you and also give you a kick in the butt if you need one. good luck on your weight loss!
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote