View Poll Results: Pressure cooker
Do you own a pressure cooker? 2 33.33%
If yes to above, do you use it for cooking diet meals? 2 33.33%
If you don't own one, would you buy one for your diet? 3 50.00%
Would you be willing to share recipes for the pressure cooker if a thread was started for it? 1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #1  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Default Pressure cooker

My hubby and I are downsizing - a LOT! We have decided all the stuff around here just isn't necessary! We are feverishly trying to get out of debt and we are SOOOO close! So, garage sale here we come.

I am just curious how many of you would or would not get rid of your pressure cooker. Mine is new (never been out of the box although I bought it probably 5 years ago) and I don't have a clue how to use it (I bought it thinking I would learn to do home canning). I have seen a few comment on using for their diet, but I'm curious just how many do this and exactly HOW to do it to make it worthwhile to keep it.

Thanks!!!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:02 PM   #2  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I broke my pressure cooker - blew the top right off! You're not even supposed to be able to DO that. But I was using liquid nitrogen to make instant ice cream for an adult science fair. Wow, the explosion was loud.

But don't tell my mom, she got me it for Christmas.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:05 PM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi. Congratulations on getting out of debt! Hubby and I finally paid off all credit cards, car payments and loans...it literally took years! Our only remaining debt is our mortgage, which we consider to be an okay reason to owe money. What a feeling of freedom....it was like a weight being lifted off of our shoulders. I'm sure you and your hubby will feel the same.

Regarding pressure cookers...I don't really cook..but, we don't have one in the house and don't really plan on buying one....unless someone here gives me an absolute 'to-die-for' recipe that can only be cooked with a pressure cooker.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:16 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I love my pressure cooker and it is awesome for healthy meals! You can make tough meats tender. It is still a bit of trial and error for me sometimes but I really couldn't imagine not having my pressure cooker.

I've made beans in it although I think I overcooked the beans a bit.

One of DH's favorite dishes is brown rice with beef. Put a cup of brown rice, put a frozen cut of beef (hopefully trim), put 2 cups of water (this may be too much but I've only done it 2 times so far), put spices in and cook. Your rice will be delicious, the meat will be tender and it is awesome.

I usually use it to cook frozen meat quickly and use various spices to help spice it up. You could also try looking for pressure cooker recipes.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:13 PM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I love how a pressure cooker can turn any meat tender. But, I don't really have any diet recipes for it. I haven't been very diverse in cooking with it.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I've been thinking of buying one to learn how to can...next year I'm planning on putting in a garden and I don't want to "practicing" on all my hard work!!! I figured if I learned how to do it this summer, next year I would eat my own deliciousness all winter long!

Congrats on getting out of debt. Luckily, I married a man who would NOT go into debt. It feels wonderful. The only "bill" we have each month besides utilities is the mortgage...and he plans to only have that for 10 years. So a great big KUDOS to you and your hubby...you're gonna feel so FREE!!!!!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:36 PM   #7  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks everyone! I think I may keep the PC, as I think my husband would like the tender meat. Plus, it seems I'm getting stuck in a rut with veggies, stir fries, and baked chicken.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote