View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #6
BlueToBlue
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

It is true that it's hard, if not impossible, to change your overall shape. I was a pear shape at 150 lbs and I'm still a pear shape at 120 lbs. But I'm a much more attractive pear shape now than I was at 150 lbs. And proportionally, I'm not as dramatic a pear as I was 150 lbs. At my highest weight, my bottom half was at least two, possibly three, sizes larger than my top half. Now it is only one size larger than my top half. That's much more workable in terms of clothing and not nearly as noticeable a difference.

So I'm with Janie (for the second time today, I guess great minds think alike). Give it time and eventually you'll lose weight in your hips and thighs (as well as the rest of you). Just keep on doing what you are doing in terms of diet and as you get closer to your goal, you will be happier with how you look.

In the meantime, take that unflattering swimsuit back (just say "no" to unflattering swimsuits) and invest in a swimsuit designed to draw attention to your upper body and away from your hips. Several online retailers (Lands End, Eddie Bauer, and LL Bean, to name a few) provide guidance on what type of swimsuit is best for your body shape.

My Before and After Pics

"Decide what you want; decide what you're willing to exchange for it; establish your priorities, and go to work." --H.L. Hunt

"Life has hills. Set the treadmill at an incline."
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote