Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-07-2007, 06:58 PM   #1  

Default Just a little update.

Hello, to all that remember me. I just wanted to say that I haven't forgotten about this place or anything. I've been really busy with the whole Job Corp thing, and haven't really had a lot of time to be on the computer. I just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be leaving April 24th, it's pretty much set in stone, and I'm really excited.

As far as the whole weight thing goes, I've been doing a lot better with portion control, and I haven't overeaten since I've joined this site. My next step is to start trying to choose healthier foods over easier access foods. I hope that I'm doing this the right way, but I'm already starting to feel better about myself, and it seems to be going good. I'm just trying to start out slowly, and get myself used to things. I dunno if this such a good idea though?

I will be checking in regularly to let anyone who cares to listen my progress with my weight as well as Job Corp.
Starburst1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:07 PM   #2  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

I just joined a little while ago so I didnt know you before but Im happy to hear you are doing well. I think that if you are happy and seeing changes, then stick with it. Trying to push yourself too quickly can just lead to a relapse depending on what you are working on.

Keep it up and keep updating!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:26 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! I remember you! So you're DOIN' IT!!! Yay!!!

Do keep us informed! I'm so glad you've kept your eating stable and are off on a great adventure.

Check in with us and take good care!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:21 PM   #4  
Heather

S/C/G: 203/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey, now!

I am so happy for you! The job corp will be a good change for you! I almost joined job corp when I was your age, now I wish I would have done it. But, my Mom didn't want me to go, and I was not strong enough to stand up to her at the time.... so, I didn't go... In a way, I'm glad I didn't go, becuase it was not long after this that I met someone who I loved very dearly, someone who changed my life. He passed away a few years ago, but had I gone to the job corp, I would probably never have met him at all... That would have been a pity and a shame..

Anyway, way to go for trying to control your eating habits! That is actually the toughest part of this weight loss process. Once you have that licked, you know you are on your way. Start out lowering your calories to below 2,000 a day (I aim for 1,500 a day) and take a 30 min. walk a day, and the pounds will start falling off, especially if you limit your carb intake (bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, etc...), and eat more lean protien, fruits and veggies.... After a few weeks, once all junk is out of your system, your body will feel so much better....

Good luck!!!
cajungal328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

That is a huge accomplishment that you haven't overeaten at all lately. Wish I could say the same for myself..LOL. How about adding a 30 minute walk 5 days a week now that it stays light out later. Or an exercise DVD every evening or something. I just think you'll feel so invigorated and motivated if you get going on your exercise plan now before you get there. Ah, but it can wait if you're busy. Do keep us posted dear (and throw a ticker up so we can see how things are going ).
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:47 PM   #6  

Jay, I will be keeping you posted. And thank you so much for remembering me!

Heather, I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. But at least you had the joy to have him in your life. I'm slowly but surely getting down to lowing my calories ...it's a very hard road, but I'm doing it!

Claudia, actually, I haven't had a steady excercize routine. But I have been at the park regularly with my nieces, running around with them, and walking ever so often. I guess it's a start, no matter how little, right? And I do have to say that I feel tons better. It's amazing, really.

Thank you everyone for your advice. I appreciate it more than you know.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:48 PM   #7  

Oh, and no matter how silly, I have to confess that I've been in my living room daily dancing around to music. I love dancing!