Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-07-2007, 07:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/153/140

Unhappy Running and Going #2

I have been running for about a year now and I have continually had this problem. After I run about 3 miles I always have to stop and go to the bathroom. This is a big pain. I know it isn't because I eat to close to running. I run first thing in the morning before I eat. Can anyone give me some advice on how to help this problem.

Thanks!
cole2513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:36 PM   #2  

Some people are just wired that way.

AFAIK you've solved it as much as you're going, no pun intended, to.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default wow, Cole

What a problem! You have been sustaining a running program for a year! Good for you. It happens to me....and many other people I know, too, when they exercise. It doesn't even have to be running....have you thought of a short loop that goes back to your house? About that time? You can always go back out.

That is kinda what I do......just keep in my yard and driveway til I am in the mood, so to speak.

Great work......admirable weight loss and effort........I need some of that!

Mary
maryblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:55 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

You might try eating something before you run. Or having a cup of coffee--that works well some. Give your body a chance to wake up and do its thing before you go. But it actually happens to lots of people, and many just carry paper or make sure they have a reliable stop on their route. Good luck.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

My mom used to have this problem going for long fitness walks in the woods trails - where of course it is not as much a problem obviously, as if you are in a neighborhood! I would suggest you wake up maybe 1/2 hr earlier in the morning just to get your body started a little earlier. I often do that if I'm traveling for work, just to avoid the disaster in airport parking/shuttles or security lines.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:15 PM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

I always make sure I wake up 30 to 45 mins before a run just for that reason... I have my coffee and bathroom needs done before going out... Oh, I just remembered something that makes me "go" sooner than just coffee, hot water and lemon, it's very tart if you can stand it in the morning, it makes things move along ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote