Old 04-07-2007, 12:12 AM   #1  
Sexy Writer Chick

S/C/G: 235/235/125

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy Desperate for support and weight loss

I am new to the 100lb club and I need help. I am 33, 5'3" and 227lbs. I have been depressed for about the last 5 months and I can't shake it. The added weight is not helping. I need to lose weight.

I am at the end of my rope and I am so busy with life that I don't have time to be depressed and fat.

Here is what is weighing me down in life. I have 2 demanding jobs, Realtor and teacher. I am also dabbling in Jewelry design and getting together a business plan to start a Jewelry Business. I am a volunteer firefighter and first responder. I do a monthly newsletter for my community. I am taking two architecture classes this spring. I have 3 courses to complete to maintain my real estate licence. I am taking 2 courses this spring for my fire department to become a fire inspector in my community. I have 2 dogs, a husband and I live 30 minutes outside of the city I work in. Money is super tight. I can't get organized and I don't know what I am going to do. And my teaching contract is being increased in September from 3 days to 4 days a week!

Where do I fit in time to exercise? Where do I fit in meal prep? Some nights I don't get home until after 10 and then I have to get up at 6:30. I just feel like crying all the time.

Most of my clothes don't fit. I need to project a professional look for Real Estate, but it is not happening right now.

I could really use the support of a buddy right now so that I can take control of at least one part of my life.

I am sorry, I just had to vent and get it all out. Please help me!!
ladyfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:18 AM   #2  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

You sound super busy, so you're going to have to plan ahead.

For meal planning, sit down and plan out your meals before you go shopping. Then, make a list and go shopping. When you get home - do some prep. Wash and chop veggies. Can you make something (soups, etc?) up ahead of time so that you just need to nuke them later? Portion control out any things that come in bigger packages (ie, put them in actual serving sizes).

Have some healthy snacks available for when you're on the run. Low fat cheese, nuts, fruits, veggies - it all depends upon which plan you're following.

If you are planning on exercising, you can think of it in two ways. Either, schedule the time several times per week or incorporate it into your everyday life. Buy a pedometer and walk, walk, walk! Park farther out in the parking lots and walk in, any way you can fit in some extra steps, do it!

Good luck, it is possible, but it does take some work and devotion!
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:52 AM   #3  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Personally, as I was reading your post, I was thinking - you will probably have to evaluate your life and get rid of something. You are one REALLY busy person, and that really seems to be a lot for one person. Is there anything you could get rid of to scale down the stress? I personally have found (and read of others that experienced the same thing) that when you try to add a change of lifestyle (dieting) to an already stressful and hectic life, most of the time the diet goes out the door - that is unless you realize that gaining back your health is more important that something else you can give up in your life. I can relate to your busy-ness! I myself have been RIGHT where you are, and I did the same thing - just wanted to cry all the time. However, when I did downsize my commitments to "everyone else," I found time to take care of ME. This is not said in a selfish way; however, WHO ELSE is going to take better care of you but YOU? I really do feel the desperation in your post and want so very much for things to get better for you.

Please know that you have come to a WONDERFUL support group where you can get encouragement and support for your journey. Gaining back your health and your future is one gift you can give to yourself that NOBODY else can - and YOU are WORTH IT!

Please post here often and let us know how things are going. We are here to help in any way possible.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:55 AM   #4  
Sexy Writer Chick

S/C/G: 235/235/125

Height: 5'3"

I know for sure that I am getting rid of the newsletter after June. It has been such a struggle to get motivated to do it and maintain the financials. I only have 3 issues left, and if nobod comes forward to do it, I am just saying "here you go, i tried to get a replacement". The fire department and first response is important to me. Once I get all the courses out of the way for real estate, I will feel much better. I also have a break from teaching for 2 months.
I will have to try to set up a schedule for myself so that I don't feel so stressed.
Thanks
ladyfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:05 AM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

As someone once said to me when I was talking about how busy I am and how there is no time for me, etc, first of all... breathe! The next suggestion I have is that you can't keep beating yourself up about how you look. I know it is easier said than done, but it is something to work on.

I agree with what the others have said and I think you need to take some time to really plan. Maybe you can find time in the day to go for a 15 minute walk, or get up 15 minutes earlier to do a quick workout. It isn't a lot, but it is a good way to get started. I thought I couldn't find time for it in my hectic schedule. But, when I really put pen to paper and planned it, I'm finally making it happen.

And last, you have found a great place to go for support. I haven't been here long, but the more I read, the more I post, the better my determination and motivation get. You are among friends here and guaranteed, we all understand where you are coming from. I've found that when I have mentioned things that bother me, bring me down, or other things that make me beat myself up, there are always others who can relate. And, sometimes things are posted and I think to myself, "I am so glad that I am not the only one that feels that way!!"

Give yourself a big pat on the back. You've made that first difficult step!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Wow, you certainly do have a lot on your plate. You have been given excellent advice already and I have nothing to add. I would only be echoing my fellow 100lb clubers. They do give good advice, don't they?

So let me just say, hello and WELCOME. This is an amazing place, full of great supportive, intelligent and caring people. I also want to say that us women have a hard time focusing on ourselves. We tend to put ourselves and our well-being at the bottom of the totem pole. But once you make your health a priority, it has a dramatic effect on everyone and everything around you. To an amazing extent in fact. Sometimes we need to just "pencil" ourselves right into our schedule, just as you would any other obligation or commitment. Good luck to you. I'm glad you're here.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

Wow! I thought I was busy right now. Just take a deep breath and think happy thoughts. Like the end of the school year.

Probably the easiest way to diet for you at the moment would be just to count calories. It doesn't take much time or too many special foods. I've known people to do it on frozen diet meals and pre-cut fruits and vegis. Far as the exercise goes, I hope I'm not going to get flamed for this... But, you can probably lose weight easily the first 2-3 months of dieting without exercise. It's not ideal, but it may help for you to delay exercising until summer when your load lightens. It's easier and cheaper to exercise in the summer anyways. Walking and bike riding are generally free.

Sorry about the clothes not fitting. It might make you feel better and more professional to buy a new outfit or two that can be changed a bit with just accessories. You'd feel more professional when selling real estate. It's amazing how much better you feel about yourself when your clothes fit properly despite the size.

Welcome to 3FC, you'll find lots of support here.
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

This is a great place to vent.

Like others have mentioned, you need to take some time to re-evaluate what's important in your life. Lose the stuff that doesn't matter, and be sure and learn to say "NO." Enlist the help of your DH if you can. I don't know if this is your problem, but often people eat to relieve stress. If the stress is reduced, the tendency to stress eat is reduced.

You and your DH might want to take some time and cook some healthy meals to freeze so that you have good stuff available at all times in your frig. When you're super busy, it's easy to stop for take-out or order pizza, but if you have a frozen dinner that you can microwave in a few minutes, or a healthy snack that's easy to grab, staying true to an eating plan is easier.

Exercise doesn't have to be done all at one time. Park farther from the door, take the stairs, walk during breaks--all these little things do add up. There will be time for formal exercise once your schedule is lighter. Just be sure that NO becomes a basic part of your vocabulary.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:51 AM   #9  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Ladyfrye. I'm so glad you decided to join us! I can really relate to your post. For years, I thrived on pushing myself to excel. I have always been a very driven person with many interests and passions...and I struggled to give everything 100% of my best efforts and attention. One day, I burned out. Depression set in and I found myself struggling to meet the requirements of my day. Please re-evalutate your present lifestyle. The constant stress is not healthy and will likely catch up with you one day as it did for me.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Welcome! Wow! I can't believe you found time to post! Hopefully your lifestyle re-evaluation will allow you to free up some extra time and we'll see you around!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote