Old 04-05-2007, 11:30 PM   #1  
sassyfrass082002

S/C/G: 240/234/135

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Hello, I am new to the group & looking for support!!

I am currently facing a huge battle of the bulge as I am sure all of you are too and just found this website and forums today. I thought that maybe if I had people around me (support) that were facing the same challenge that I might be able to lose all of my weight. I am going to give it a shot. I know that I have a long road ahead of me, but I feel like I have stopped living. I stay in the house all of the time and am constantly afraid that someone I know or someone who knew me when I was "healthy" will see me. It is just too hard to deal with the stares of people because I know what they are thinking. They are either laughing behind my back, judging me as lazy, or just thinking,"She has such a pretty face, it is a shame she is so fat." I want my confidence back and my life. I have a husband and 2 young children that need a good example to a healthy lifestyle. I have know that I was overweight for a while-all I have to do is look in the mirror-lol, but seriously I get tired of hearing the doctor tell me how fat I am or family members saying,"well honey, some people are just supposed to be fat." As much as all of the criticism hurts, nothing has hurt me worse than to hear my 6 year old tell me that I was fat and that his friend told him I was. That was the breaking point for me. I have tried ever diet out there along with every diet pill. If anyone has any suggestions for me to get this weight off I welcome them. I appreciate anyone who can offer me support and motivation. I feel like if I have to answer to someone other than myself or a doctor then I can do this. Thanks for taking the time to read this and wish me luck as I will be wishing you all luck as well.
sassyfrass082002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:47 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi and welcome to the 100lb club. I most certainly can relate to you, totally and completely. I had soooo many of the same issues that you mentioned and then some.

As far as motivation, just reread your post. That is certainly motivation enough. You certainly have very valid reasons for losing the weight. But far more important then motivation is DETERMINATION. That's what will take you to goal and keep you there for years to come. This is really about changing your lifestyle and adding in some good healthy habits. Just know that it really and truly is possible to change your life for the better. The first few weeks are a bit tough as it takes time getting used to new things. Hang in there anyway that you can, because it gets much, much easier. What are your plans for tackling the weightloss? What plan will you be following? Whatever it is you decide on you are in great hands here at 3FC and the 100lb club. This is a great group of people, full of advice, encouragement and support. Good luck to you. Looking forward to getting to know you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:27 AM   #3  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi!

You sound very determined to do this! That's GREAT! As Robin said, determination will help you get to your goal.

Each of us here is at a different place along our weight loss journey, but everyone here sure does know what it feels like to have a dream of being thinner, healthier, and more confident.

My journey has been a long one with many stops and starts, but I AM doing it, and if I can do it, you can, too!

This site has been especially helpful to me because everyone here can relate to my thoughts, my feelings, my concerns, my failures, and my hopes. They are also VERY helpful in supporting me and encouraging me. Unless you are in a weight loss struggle yourself it is hard to talk about weight loss all the time. Everyone here IS in a weight loss struggle -either to lose weight or to maintain that weight loss. They are here 24/7 and ready to help. The site has so many members! It's a very active site! You will be very glad you found it!!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:48 AM   #4  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Welcome! Good luck with your weight loss journey.
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:07 AM   #5  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to the forum!
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:02 AM   #6  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

You will find wonderful support here! My suggestion for help with this is to come here often and read and follow the advice of those who have been so successful (rockinrobin has already answered you and she is one of my weight-loss heroes here).

You can do this, and please know we are right here with you ready to give support and encouragement anytime you may need it.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:27 AM   #7  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!!!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome!!!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:27 AM   #9  
Sexy Writer Chick

S/C/G: 235/235/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi Sassy,
I always feel like people are looking at me too. I am always comparing myself to others around me and wondering if I am the fattest person in the room. I think we just have to remember that we all have to start somewhere, and by taking that first step we are on our way to success.
ladyfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:40 PM   #10  
Its all about choices

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Smile Welcome!

Hey Sassy! We are all here to support each other. Many of us seem to experience the same things. My children have never seen me at a normal weight. My son is now a teenager and he loves to walk up to me and poke my belly. When it jiggles, I tell him to stop, its my belly and he needs to leave it alone. Then I tell him he's gonna have his own unless he begins to eat his veggies and fruit. Its slowly sinking in and he's reaching for fruit for a snack and loves to pick the veggie we eat for dinner. His little sister is slowly learning the same things. It helps that I don't buy a lot of the things I used to. As much for me as for them.
Last year, I started a food diary. When I had to write down everything that I ate, including the calories, it really helped me see where I was going wrong. And it kept me from eating at times when I wasn't really hungry or was just stressed or bored. It also reduced the amount of comfort foods I was eating. And it increased my daily water intake. I'll drink some water when I get the munchies, and if that doesn't help after 20 minutes, I'll eat a healthy snack. I now drink at least 60 oz of water a day, at least during the week. Its still hard for me to drink that much at home on the weekends.
Good luck in your journey and keep posting!
Nicki
NickiB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:21 AM   #11  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

So glad you decided to join us! I'm looking forward to getting to know you and helping each other to win this time!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

WELCOME! It sounds like you want to reclaim your life, and I think that's an excellent goal. I really can relate to feeling like you want to hide from the world because of your weight.

I would actually urge you to try to get out and about more. First, it helps you move when you get out of the house! Also, I think it helps to tell yourself ON the journey that you're worth all this work, because if you don't believe it now, it's not just going to automatically happen because you lose weight. Why are you worth all this? And if you are (which I believe you are), then why hide yourself away. You are so much more than a number on the scale!

All that being said, if you really do feel like you aren't worth it or can't leave the house, you might want to consider consulting a mental health professional as there may be bigger issues at play that are holding you back.

Good luck!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Glad to have you here!

Please know that I (and probably many others) have felt exactly as you feel. Wyllen is correct...you do need to start loving you just as you are. I used to stay in my house....close all the blinds....and just watch tv and eat snacks.... What a sad way I was living! I went through a divorce and realized I needed to be happy for me AND for my kids. So I did a MAJOR attitude overhaul. Now I'm remarried and after loving myself and my husband, and my kids....well, the weight loss was just the next step. All that "blah blah blah" to say...I've been there. You can do this!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote