Old 04-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #1  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Default April Slimfast-ers

MAN!! Its already April! Wow how time flies!! 3 more months till my beach trip!! Ahhh! im not ready yet!! Oh well..gotta get the ball rolling again!
Ive had a horrible few weeks. Still been drinking Slimfast for bfast, just need to eat better during the day. Its not hard...I KNOW this..its just..well..I guess I just get bored..can anyone relate? I get tired of having the same things over and over again.

Im setting a 20 lb goal for myself for my beach trip in July. I know I can do it~

How is everyone else doing?

Last edited by purplecrush; 04-09-2007 at 09:03 AM.
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #2  
Edge Of Glory

S/C/G: 350/See Ticker/199

Height: 5'8"

Hey purplecrush! I've actually had a slightly decent weekend/week so far. I've had control of my calories, and I've worked out three days for a total of 200 minutes so far. I'm sore like crazy! I haven't really been doing MUCH slim fast, just a shake or bar thrown in there, but it's not like they're going to expire soon anyway. I've made it a point to up my fiber intake from basically none to at least 25 grams. So far so good thanks to the Fiber One cereal. I hate the way it tastes, but for only 1/2 a cup to be 14 grams of fiber I force it down as fast as I can. Maybe I'll throw a banana in there and see if that helps with the taste. My scale has been kinda shady, but as far as I can tell so far I've lost 5 pounds since my re-commitment date, so let's hope I can keep this up!

As for getting bored, the thing I get bored with the most is exercise I think. With food, I could eat the same thing every day if I really like it--for example, my love of Fast Food got me to this point. I'm a fan of Subway though. So maybe if you don't already, you could broaden your menu and try one of their Fresh & Fit combos? Just a suggestion. I think you CAN make 20lbs by July, just don't give in to temptation! You could probably even lose MORE than that if you stay really committed, but try not to burn yourself out and take on too much too soon. Okay I'm talking too much!

Take care everyone!

Btw http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspart...e/calculat.htm is a great tool to use to determine how many calories you burn with different activities. You just enter your weight and the time in minutes and it gives you a list of different exercises and the amount of calories you'd burn. Pretty useful. Sorry if the link isn't allowed.

Last edited by VirgoChic; 04-03-2007 at 10:27 PM.
VirgoChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:48 PM   #3  
You bite it you write it!

Height: 5' 2"

How's everyone been doing?? Sorry I've been MIA lately. But I've still been sticking to the Slim Fast plan and I've been doing Great!! I finally weighted myself yesterday. My scale was broken so I don't actually know my starting weight but I am down a total of 16 lbs from my heaviest weight which I hit back in September. So I'm excited that I have a scale again and that I'm losing weight on Slim fast. What happened to all of the other slim faster's on this thread, no one's posted much lately???

purplecrush: yeah time does fly, I'm sure in three months you could easily lose 20 lbs. Just stick to the diet, it's really not hard. It can get kinda boring eating the same foods all the time. Maybe you could try looking online for some New recipes, to make dinner more interesting?

VirgoChic: Cool link, I went to it. Wow I never knew how many calories I could burn just cleaning the house!!
akacutie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:35 PM   #4  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone!

akacutie2006, excited for you, too. Good job on the weight loss and the plan.

Wanted to congratulate Tracy on being at 3rd place last week in that weight loss contest. Hope you just keep succeeding.

Great luck on your weight loss goal, purplecrush. That's 6.5 pounds per month! That's less than a pound a week! You can do it!

VirgoChic, I like that I can take almost anyone with me to SubWay and they will find something they like to eat, too. Children like it. Even really hungry men like it. Good job on your workouts.

First peaches were in at grocery so tried them with my Vanilla SlimFast shake powder - unfortunately they were terrible peaches, actually discolored. Should have known it was too early. So I'm still a strawberries-with-vanilla and bananas-with-chocolate girl. That's okay. I can get my variety with the different sandwiches I put with the shakes. In summer, there will be lots of choices for experiments!
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:37 PM   #5  
You bite it you write it!

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Wittlen, Nice to see you back on 3FC!! How have you been doing on the SF plan? How ironic I also tried a peach mixed up in a vanilla shake last week, but it didn't taste very good. Maybe I'll have to try one again, later in the season when they are more ripe. But my new favorite SF drink is a Banana mixed in with royal chocolate mix. Yummy!!
akacutie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:29 AM   #6  
Starbucks Addict!

My fav is banana with royal chocolate too! For some reason peaches with the vanilla doesnt sound too good to me lol..I cant drink the vanilla at all! I was taking care of this girl and I had to feed her through a tube in her tummy and we would feed her this stuff that SMELLS just like the vanilla, so It makes me gag!!!

I love subway!! Ill have to go there more..I just wish they had drivethru's lol

Virgochic- good job on the exercise! Keep it up! You will only be sore for a few days, then it will feel good! I exercise first thing in the morning, it makes me feel good and it makes me wanna do good all day!!

akacutie- wtg on your weight loss!! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 04-08-2007, 12:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all-I'm new to slimfast-I'm a lifetime member of ww who now has about 10 lbs to lose-so I bought the fast start slim fast kit and plan on starting it tomorrow. I've made my lunches for everyday next week(I work 2 jobs so my main meal will be lunch with meal substitute for dinner)-I hope you don't mind if I join your group. I need all the support I can get because I'm a big junk food person. Thanks and I hope you all have a Happy Easter
maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:33 PM   #8  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

I bought the starter kit with the shake mix, meal bars and snack bars this weekend, starting tomorrow. Hope I have as much success as everyone else seems to be having!
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:46 AM   #9  

Good morning all-Well, today is day 1 on the starter kit-like I said yesterday, I packed my lunches for the week and right now I'm at work with my morning breakfast shake. I have my jug of water so hopefully this is just what I need to lose the remaining pounds. Good luck to all we're worth it
maureen
Old 04-09-2007, 09:01 AM   #10  
Starbucks Addict!

Ive never seen a Slimfast starter kit! Maybe Ill have to look around!!

Maureen- wtg in making lifetime member with WW!! Ive done WW in the past, and have lost lots of weight, but im tired of doing points and all that! Im sure if you stick to Slimfast you will lose those 10 lbs!! And drink all that water!! (P.S. Im a junk food person too! So I need all the support I can get too lol)

Trixie- Slimfast is wonderful, stick to it and you will lose the weight! I think the shakes are so yummy and you can add in fruit, like bananas , to them to make them MORE yummy and MORE filling!!
Old 04-09-2007, 04:21 PM   #11  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Today was also day 1 for me, so far so good. I had a shake and cereal for breakfast, I just finished my lunch meal bar, already I'm feeling as if I stay full much longer than before. I just hope I can stick with it and make it work! I tend to very easily fall off the wagon lol
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:23 PM   #12  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi to Trixie and maureen with best wishes.

Hmmm ... .. Wonder if the kit is available only in Canada? I notice those of us from Canada seem to find it but those in US haven't mentioned it, and I've never seen it myself. When I did a web search it took me to a SlimFast site that is specific to Canada, although I didn't see anything about the kit there. What's in it? Does it have a written plan accompanying it?
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:12 PM   #13  
Starbucks Addict!

I would like to know also what is in that kit! I cant find anything about it. I wonder if its just like a powder mix, snack bar and meal bar...something like that..and if thats it..I already have all that stuff lol. But I still want to know whats in it, I dont like being outta the loop!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 11:24 PM   #14  

Hi all-that starter kit is exactly what (Randee??)says-powder, snack bar and meal replacement bar-then sample meal plans(which is available on the web site)-the only reason I bought it was because my grocery store had them on for half price-I've got enough powdered meal replacements here to last a few months-I didn't do too bad today for day 1-one or two slips but not as much as I would have if I wasn't trying to follow this plan- I hope all had a great day and on to tomorrow.

maureen
Old 04-10-2007, 11:04 AM   #15  
Starbucks Addict!

Ok good, so were not missing out! Thanks Maureen!!

Speaking of half price....ugh..easter candy!! I went out yesterday morning and got a bunch more easter candy cuz it was all 50% off!! I have a problem with sales! I just cant help myself sometimes LOL! I put all the candy up, I only had a few Reeses PB cups..the small ones, so its not too bad!

As for today...no CANDY!!! Im having my Chocolate Royal and added some strawberries. Yummy!! Gonna go dance/walk my booty off now!

Have a great day everyone!!!