Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 10:01 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#135

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts
Old 02-20-2002, 10:17 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good evening everyone! Just thought I would check back in and see if everyone was feeling good about their accomplishments today. I hope this is working for you, 'cuz it sure has for me.

We got long, so don't forget to check for all the messages on the last thread. I have my pages set for 30 posts and there were still several on the second page, so don't miss out on them.

I did make the nice dinner of grilled/microwaved Cod. If you guys haven't gotten it yet, Costco has individual portions frozen and then sold in a bag. The cod had 5 portions and I bought salmon and there were 7 filets in that bag. Very, very good and it didn't stink up my house. One of the ladies at WW on Monday said she does her fish on the George Forman. I haven't braved that, but just might come warmer weather when I don't want to turn the oven on anymore. Although I do like my salmon grilled on the bar-b-q. I wrap it in foil and throw it on the grill. Well, enough of my lack of cooking skills!

Katrina, Mary and LuckyLadyBug: Don't you all feel so much better now. Three whole accomplishments for the day! Woohoo for all of us!!!

p.a.: Welcome aboard! I'm glad you found your way over here. We're an eclectic group (hey girls, how do you like that description? ). Different sizes, different shapes, different programs. But the one thing we all have in common is caring about each other and sincerely enjoying newcomers that stop in for a glass of water and/or choose to stay for a gallon of it. Hope you'll be here often.

Well girls, time for bed. Tomorrow is another day. Nitey nite!
Old 02-21-2002, 02:33 AM   #3  

Lucky,

Spongebob squarepants is a cartoon on Nickelodean. He's a sea sponge living in a pineapple on the bottom of the sea. He's a fry cook--crabby patties. His best friends are Patrick (pink starfish) and squidward (?) an older grouch. It grabbed me because its silly but has adult storylines. It grabbed me like Seinfeld for some reason.

Completed day3 of exercise. Yahoo. Eating was OP too. Time for sleeptime. It's been a long day.

Goodnight,
Malia
Old 02-21-2002, 04:28 AM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry Surprise

Hello strangers. Remember me? It is 3:30 a.m.
I have been VIOLENTLY ill and this is the first time I could get out of bed (and/or bathroom) long enough to let you all know I have not disappeared off the face of the earth.

I brought my dad home from the hospital at 10am and had an ambulance taking him back by 10pm. Both he and my mom are still in the hospital. I just pray they don't get this flu bug from me. I don't think ... I know... that neither will survive it. I am soooo worried. I was not sick around them.. I came down with it after I got home... but who knows.

I have not read any posts.. just barely well enough to get this note out.
I hope to be back in a few more days.
Old 02-21-2002, 07:48 AM   #5  

2Cute Thanks for checking in so we don't worry. Sorry about your folks and I will send a prayer there way that they are better soon.

Malia Thanks for the explanation. I loved Seinfeld but a sponge living in a pineapple on the bottom of the sea AND he is a fry cook might be a stretch. I will have to ask my one niece because she may have watched it.

Thin So three things a day....I had better pay attention today!!!
#1 I got up when I didn't want to

I saw Luther Vandross (sp) on some show last night and he has gained and lost over 100 lbs many times. As you know he is also a singer who has made millions and has many platinum albums. When asked about his greatest accomplishment he said he is most proud of this weight loss. The interviewer was looking for some song or event he did so when he said weight loss I think they were surprised. He said what works for him is absolutely NO sweets, bread, pasta, and rice. He said if eats any of them even in the smallest amount it sets off a binge. He lives on protein and vegies.

That's my news for 6:45AM.

Welcome, pa..
Old 02-21-2002, 08:27 AM   #6  
a work in progress...

OHHHHHH...Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS!
Absorbent and yellow and porous is he!
SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS!
His nautical nonsense be something you'd wish
SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS!
So drop on the deck and flub like a fish!
SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS, SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS, SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS...
SPONGEY BOB.......... SQUARE PANTS!!

HAHAHAHAHA

Yes, I KNOW I need a life!

Back in a few...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 02-21-2002 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-21-2002, 09:27 AM   #7  
You and Me in 2003

Good morning all
2 Cute sorry you are ill hope you are better soon Hope your parents are better soon too.

Thin: I cook salmon filets and salmon steakson my forman grill they are good. I alsocook catfish on it too.

I am not going to paint today. I am taking time for myself. I tried to sleep in but the phone kept ringing.

Yesterday I
1. painted
2. made brownies for my son to take to work
3. preformed some public relations duties for the Scott County Genealogical Society
Well I better go eat breakfast
Old 02-21-2002, 10:51 AM   #8  
a work in progress...

oooooh I'm pissed! I just got bounced for too many smilies!

And do you know what my immediate feeling was?? CHOCOLATE! How scary is that? Gee, I'm not programmed to deal with aggravation by eating, am I? Ah well, the important thing is that I did NOT scour the house like a heat-seeking missile, looking for a morsel of my dark master!

So, Malia...Sponge Bob AND Seinfeld?? GET OUT! We are definitely on the same wave length! They are practically the only shows I see with any regularity!

Lucky...Even a jersey tomato like me know the bump is on the WEST side! No more lutfiske for you!

Thin, thanks for the great idea...we need to acknowledge our successes, no matter how big or small, and pat ourselves and each other on the back...DAILY! PATPATPAT!

2cute...I will take my hug back for now...don't want to squeeze you too tight! Please feel better, I miss your funny posts! Hope Mom & Dad are doing better too.

Grannie, take that phone off the hook, hang up your paint brush and go have some sex on the beach! You deserve a break today!

Welcome aboard, p.a. There are a number of Weight Watchers here, so feel free to ask anything...On second thought, maybe I need to ask YOU a few questions...16 lbs since Jan?? WOW! Oh, one more thing...you're worried about goofing up...around THIS goofy crowd?? PUL-EEZE!!

Hi to everyone else...where are you guys?

Three things to be thankful for this Thursday...

Daffodil shoots outside my front door!
Sunny skies today and 60 degrees!
YOUSE GUYS! (pardon my Joisey)

Have a great day!!

PS...Just to set the record straight, I really don't speak that way, nor, for that matter, do 90% of New Jerseyans!
This has been a public service announcement from the Garden State!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 02-21-2002 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-21-2002, 05:54 PM   #9  

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Now I know I picked the right place to be.....I see everyone is posting three things to be thankful for each day...what a good idea! Here's my list for the day:
1. Thankful for losing another pound.
2. Thankful for having the afternoon off (unexpected)
3. Thankful for having this great board!

Have a good night everyone!
Old 02-21-2002, 06:16 PM   #10  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs up

Ok, now I am double mad because I just lost my post! Oh well, I guess it's for the best because the only thing you guys would have heard was me whining. This cold/flu thing that has had its grips on my son decided I was to be the next victim. Should be real easy to count my points for yesterday........."0"! Yep, that's right. Didn't eat a thing all day yesterday. Actually, yesterday is kind of a blur to me. My throat has been so sore it's unbelievable. It's the kind that when you swallow, one of three things must happen: 1. You whimper 2. You yell......LOUDLY or 3. You make a face like you just swallowed an entire lemon. Not good. When I came home Wednesday morning, I got in the bed and stayed there till I picked up my son at school. The only time I woke up was when my fever broke and I woke up in a pool of sweat and I changed clothes. My DH took my temp once and it was 103.6. Then after I picked him up at school, came back home and got back in the bed and stayed there till 10:00. I called into work to see if someone could cover my shift and they got someone to cover till 3:00 am, but then I had to go in. Oh well, I guess 4 hours is better than 8. See, now I'm typing my new post, and all you've heard is whining. Oh well, at least I'm consistant.
I really can't think of anything I accomplished yesterday, so I'll have to stick with today.
1. Got out of the bed
2. Ate
3. My eyes are open
Now, those may sound like stupid things to have accomplished today, but after the day I had yesterday, I am thankful for all of them!
2cute: Maybe it's your fault that I'm sick. You could have sent me a "computer virus". He he. Just kidding sweety. You have been on my mind, what there is left of it and I am hoping your parents are better. We miss you.
Grannie: Thanks for the "Better than Sex" recipe. It sounds really good. Of course at this point, anything sounds better than sex. Wish I could convince DH of this though. He thought I called into work just so I could stay home with him. Good Lord.
Kat: You are absolutely hilarious girl! You always crack me up with your post. You work thirds too, huh? Totally different world. You sound just like me. Oh and by the way, LOOOOVE Sponge Bob too.
Malia: Awesome workout program you got going there. Hope I can get that disciplined one day.
Andria: Sorry about the tooth. I know the feeling about the insurance though. My husband changed jobs recently and we lost our insurance through his old employer and he's not elegible for new insurance yet, so we have "nothing" and it is a very scary thought.
Baylee: Thanks for your words of comfort. It's nice when someone knows what your going through. People that don't have a child with asthma don't truly know what it's like and I wouldn't wish it on any child, or adult for that matter.
TT: Can't wait to get me one of those new bras and thanks on the info about the one without underwire. My "guys" are a little on the big side too and just can't stand all that poking!
Luckylady: Staying the same is a bummer but.........GAINING is worse!
P.A.: You certainly have chosen the right group to join. Don't know if I've ever met such a caring and hilarious group of individuals. They are here with you for everything. Come on in and come often.

Oh and by the way, and I guess I should have posted this at the top instead of it being an afterthought. Shame on me.
I went to WI on Monday and (drumroll)......................................

I lost 5 pounds!
Yep girls, that's 15.5 pounds in 2 weeks. I was thrilled although my leader says if I keep on losing like this, she's gonna make me eat more. I'd just like to see her try. And besides, I'm just working the program and exercising. Hope you are all having a wonderful day and hope I didn't miss anyone. Just talking to you guys has made me feel better.
Old 02-21-2002, 06:39 PM   #11  
You and Me in 2003

Arrow

Hi all
Queen bee:Congrats on the loss. Hope you feel better soon. I had that bug two weeks ago.The recipe is good I have to make it again.

Kat: I couldn't find a beach in my area today shoot

Today has been good except for eating.It started out good I had Kashi for breakfast and a lean cuisine meal for lunch with an apple but then DH bought some girl scout cookies and guess who opened them. They were calling to me so loud oh well tomorrow is another day. I have ate a lot off program this week due to painting I'm hoping that the extra moving will help.

Well Dh and son is through with dinner so I have to wash dishes.
Old 02-21-2002, 08:09 PM   #12  

I don't buy it Kat , I know many people from Jersey and YOU DO TO TALK THAT WAY!!!!!

Yes, Baylee, I have eaten lutifisk. Notice the word have because if my Dad isn't looking I pass on it.

Tina You have me worried. My throat has been dry and making me cough for two days. I sure hope you didn't give me what you had.

AND once again I am forced to say:

CONGRATULATIONS

You go girl!!!!!!! I need your inspiration.

Off to look for some protein recipes...
Old 02-21-2002, 10:19 PM   #13  

Default MY KIND OF WOMEN..

HI gals,
sounds like this group has alot in common with me. I joined WW 14 months ago at 344 lb. and have lost 65 lbs. so far. This week I talked myself into doing my Richard Simmons takes 3 days a week. I just hope I don't gain muscke like the last time and gain 7 lbs. in 1 week from exercising. I know it'll come off faster if I exercise reg. Hope to hear from new friends,soon...

Sue
Old 02-22-2002, 04:05 AM   #14  
Falling, but fighting...

Hi all,

Don't have but a minute or two, but I actually had a moment to stop by, which hasn't happened since the weekend.

Work is still stressful and extremely busy. I barely have time for lunch, but I have unfortunately been making too much time once I get home. Food is on and off. I am still exercising daily, but not enough to combat the food.

I expect a gain this weekend, but will deal with it.

I haven't had time to read posts, so I can't respond to anyone, but I hope all is well.

Hopefully, things will get easier at work and I can find more time to post.

Just know that you all are with me all the time in my heart.

Susie
Old 02-22-2002, 04:08 AM   #15  

Hi everyone,

Welcome Sue. Amazing weight loss to you and QueenB. I must be building muscle this last month because the scale shows +1 or -1.

2cute, I miss you. Hope you feel better soon. And your parents too.

Kat, did you hear they were thinking of cancelling spongebob? I signed the internet petition (hee hee) just in case. Tomorrow night, new episode.

Three accomplishments:
1)exercised this morning even though I was upset from work the day before
2)bit my tongue around my boss today
3)drank gallons of water (exaggerating of course)

How was the skating? Surprise conclusion. Go USA.

NITE NITE,
Malia
Closed Thread