Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 02:34 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Arrow April challenge!

I can't believe we're into April already! But at least there are some signs of spring showing here and there.

On to our monthly challenge.

If you would like to join please post your goals for the month. They can be about losing lbs, focusing on exercise or anything else you find important for your personal health etc.

Good luck everyone!
Old 04-01-2007, 02:38 PM   #2  

Since I am working at a convention at the end of May, I have to get my legs and feet into shape for the amount of walking around I will be doing at the convention centre for 6 days.

My goals for April are:

Take the stairs at work
Walk to and from work each day
Eating vegetarian meals during the week
Keep a food journal
Drink 8 -10 glasses of water each day

It sounds like a lot to do at once but I really need to be in shape for the convention or I will end up with sore legs, feet and back while I am there.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:16 PM   #3  

Default April Goals

I've just challenged my hubby to a 10lb "weight off" He loses weight quite easily, not so much me.

I'm just getting back into the losing game. I had a baby 15 months ago, gained 40, lost 40, gained 7 that won't go away and I started out overweight. Still breastfeeding.

GOALS
Begin training for Women Swimmin' a 1 mile lake swim/fundraiser for the local hospice. I want to be able to swim 10 laps by end of April.

Cut out white flour. I HEART white flour, but I don't think it loves me.

Drink 8-10 glasses per of agua a day.

Lose 4 lbs.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:04 PM   #4  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

From last month -

I am ready to make a few goals.
~Make sure I take my Vitamins every day
~Walk for at least 15 minutes EVERY day
~Make sure I eat 3-4 servings of fruits & veggies every day

I did good on the vitamins bit, everything else, not so much. But now I need to get my butt in gear. I am rather unhappy about the state of me and my clothes, plus I have cholesterol meds to boot. I don't want to need those long term.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:34 PM   #5  

Well I made it through 3 days so far this week! Even hubby is humouring me so it's making it more doable. I feel really good about it and feel a bit healthier than I have for the past 2 or 3 weeks.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:14 PM   #6  

I am new to loosing too. I truely have no idea what will work for me but this is what I am going to try this month.

ride my bike any time I have a short trip (2.2 miles or shorter)
ride for fun after work
cut out processed sugar
eat more vegies
eat more often, much smaller meals
drink 1/2 gallon water every day!

These are not realy big changes for me but I need to remeber to keep them up.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/159/148

Height: 5'6"

I am getting back on a schedule/routine for April.

Exercise: 8 days of Yoga, 8 days of weight training, 7 days of cardio. No excuses this month, I'm going to make a counter and be accountable.

Diet: I need my average calories for the month to get back down below 1700. I've had too many "treat" days lately and need to cut those back.

Life: I will plan something special for my 10 year wedding anniversary on the 26th. My husband and I usually don't bother doing anything for birthday's or anniversary's. I figure since this is 10 we should make an exception and celebrate.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:56 PM   #8  

I feel good today - I went on a big fruit and veggie shop. Funny how having a cart full of healthy food makes you feel so virtuous at the check out counter.

I managed to ignore the chips DH was eating and ate a lovely sweet tangelo orange instead - feeling kind of proud of myself - resistance is not futile afterall!
Old 04-16-2007, 09:50 AM   #9  

Monday morning check in.

I'm doing good with the exercise, so far I've only missed one day of cardio (went to get a haircut) and I can probably make that up before the end of the month.

My calories have gone from an average of 1843 last week to 1733 for the month so far. I definitely think I'm going to be able to get the average under 1700. Plus I've lost a pound, so that is always motivating to keep things going.

As for the anniversary, DH and I decided to go down to San Antonio for a long weekend. It's not going to be until May because of schedules but it should be fun.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 298/226/150

Height: 5'2''

Getting back on track this month.
Want to lose 5lbs
Start walking regimne
Keep track of what I eat and how much.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:08 AM   #11  

Checking in again on the challenge. I was doing pretty good this last week until the weekend. I've kept up with my yoga and weights, but I'm slacking on the cardio. Sunday was a bad day for eating (pizza and ice cream) so my average calories are back up. I'm going to have to be diligent this last week to make that goal.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 04-24-2007, 03:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 229/T/170

Height: 5'7

Well, first i'd like to say HI! I'm new to this site, but i felt this would be the best forum for me Im SOOO an alternachick So.. here are my goals for the lil bit left of April
1. Lose something LOL.. any amount of weight will work.
2. Do Tae Bo.. i actually really enjoy it.. just get lazy when it comes to starting
3. Prepare to start my belly dance class in May.. I LOVE DANCING! Im pretty good at this too.
4. Keep my blood sugar in a normal range. Im diabetic. TYPE 2
Well thats it for now.. please don't be shy, i look forward to meeting all of ya
Old 04-24-2007, 09:06 PM   #13  

Welcome Mickey79sf!

I bellydance too -it's great fun!

I'm doing pretty good with the exercise this past couple of weeks but the scale doesn't seem to want to budge.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:35 PM   #14  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeaker View Post
From last month -
I am ready to make a few goals.
~Make sure I take my Vitamins every day
~Walk for at least 15 minutes EVERY day
~Make sure I eat 3-4 servings of fruits & veggies every day
I have pretty much sucked at all of the above this month. But I am determined to do this. The only good news is I haven't really gained either. I just keep staying in the same 4 lb range. I WILL start doing better, as I refuse to buy any more bigger clothes.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:25 AM   #15  

Well for whatever reason these last 10 days I have gone in reverse mode and undone all that I accomplished. I had my average calories down to 1705 on the 20th and now I'm at 1791, 3 days over 2500. I'm up 3 pounds and I skipped most of my cardio this month. I did get in all my yoga and weight training, so that is something but I've got to get my head back in the game.

I took some time this morning to take a close look at my fitday and even dumped some numbers into excel and made graphs. The visual helped it jump right out at me. My average calories have slowly been increasing about 50 a month. Well over 4 months that is 200 more calories I'm eating which is just enough to stall my weight loss, which makes me frustrated and then I binge.

So I'm going to chalk April up to a data collection month and I'm going to attack May full steam ahead.
Closed Thread