Old 04-01-2007, 11:43 PM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weighty Issues #51: Let's Get Back to SEXY!!!

to the April 2007 Weighty Issues Thread. Spring is here and more sunny days are ahead. We should be focusing on exercising, eating right and making the most of our sexy selves. Before you know it, summer will be upon us. Do we want to feel great and show it off? Or will we be kicking ourselves for not taking control earlier so we can enjoy the lazy days without any cares in the world? Fake it til you make it, I say. We can do this together and bring sexy back!

Hey newbies out there, need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the East Coast to the West Coast and the sunny Pacific .

We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss , it's about LIFE . If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on , come on in,
grab a chair and stay awhile . You'll be glad you did.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:45 AM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

Whew, what a tiring weekend. We took Michael and his cousin to a city carnival tonight. I am getting so old that I can't ride those rides that make you dizzy anymore. 3 rides and I was done We got to watch a frisbee dog show, w/3 Australian shepherds and that was fun. I couldn't believe how hyped up those dogs were when performing, catching frisbees and jumping so high in the air. Makes me want to go out in the yard and toss the frisbee around w/my dogs. I also went shopping and bought more shoes that I didn't need, but will wear anyway

Eating wasn't the best this weekend but tomorrow is a new day and a new week. Hope to see more of you ladies tomorrow.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:56 AM   #3  

Good morning. I am up early today. I had to bring Joe to the bus stop this morning so I stayed awake once I got home and got some things done. I am on my way out the door to get some plants. (go figure) Our boil this weekend was fun. So much fun in fact Joe and I slept until 2 yesterday. Maybe that is why I am up so early today.

Noelle funny about Rick. I never thought about a suitcase. I will have to remember that one. My friend still have not told me about her hubby. I guess she wants me to think they ahve a great marriage and notihgn is ever wrong. HA! I have been around them long enough to know the truth. Plus, my hubby has done his fair share or piss-me-off things. Maybe one day she will come clean.

Cal that is cool what you guys are doing. I bet that is going to be fun. I know you will do great.

Ok, I need to head out before all of the stay at home moms get to the stores and I ahve to listen to their bad kids scream. Last week every store I went into had at least 1 if not more kids that where just TERRIBLE. I ahve no idea what is going on but my mom would ahve never stood for that. Listen to me, I sound like I have kids of my own and can says these types of things.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello----
I think that I'm really getting back into this exercise now!! I took my measurements back on February 13 but forgot to take them in March so I took them yesterday-- I've lost 1" on top, 1" on my waist and 2" on my hips!! I really meant to do measurements monthly but will try to remember next month.

I started using a pedometer yesterday to just see how many steps I took during the day-- yesterday it was 18,777 and today was 20,344... That is with the WATP's Video. Today was more because I walked back and forth doing laundry!!!

I sure hope everyone is doing good this evening and I'll check back later. Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:25 PM   #5  
so close, yet so far...

OMG I just came back from watching Blades of Glory. It was so funny. I went by myself so felt a little self-conscious about laughing out loud like I wanted to, but it was worth it.

Karen, those are great numbers on the inches lost and awesome totals for your pedometer! You rock

Kempy, what kind of plants did ya get? Did you want to run over any screaming kids at the store?

Cal, good luck on your challenge, I know you'll do great.

How are you doing today Virgo?

I've got to run and pick up the boy from school. Chat w/y'all tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:18 AM   #6  

Good morning. All of the kids were still nto out yesterday so I was safe. But, I woke up this morning to cloudy skies and that just does not motivate me to plant things. I know I need to get them in the ground though so they don't dry out. I got a few things to put in some plants I had Joe hang for me on the fence.

It is official, I am working part time now. I went to the office yesterday and one lady wants me for 15 hours and the other for 10 so that should keep me busy and give me some extra money for plants. I am starting today but I have crazy times to go in so I don't ahve t o be there until 11. I could probably vacuum but who wants to do that firts thing in the morning?

Karen I bought a pedometer and I can't get the thing to work right. I barely move and it shows I walked 10 steps. I wonder if I should just put it on anyway to see what the total for the day is.

Virgo I hope you pop on this link. I read what you posted on the thread for last month. I will write soemthing there for you to see. i know you are new to us here so i will drag you on over here with us. That was some post you wrote. Thanks for sharing it with us. Don't think that you bore us, we are all here to help each other get through everything. You know, Weighty Issues
Old 04-03-2007, 12:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/200/165

Height: 5' 2.5" (HW: 222)

Dear Kempyd & Karen31: Girls, am I glad you clued me in! Now I'm going to ask, just because I'm still kinda new & "ig'nant": Huccome you change threads every month? What was wrong with the old one? Yeah, it gets long, but after all, you can just click on the last page number to get to the newest posts, so why? Just curious!

Mele, why'd you become "grumpy girl"? You went all "arty" on me--and here I was, lookin' for your hula, girl! I'm hoping to see "Blades of Glory", too--Will Farrell can keep the straightest face on, even in the goofiest circumstances!

Calnative, good luck on your "Biggest Loser" challenge: as you put it, you'll be a winner, no matter what!

Okay--glad I found you all! Till next time!
Virgo
FatToFitVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:39 PM   #8  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies, it was kind of chilly this morning when I got up but it turned out nice and sunny. Just stuck here at work though...

Virgo, sorry, I usually put a link to the "new" thread on the old one but I guess I missed doing that this time. I promise I wasn't trying to ditch you or anything . We usually start a new thread every month because the shorter the thread, the easier it is on the 3FC server, plus the page will load faster on your computer too. The old threads get closed eventually by the moderators and then archived I guess. I look at it this way too, a new month can serve as a new beginning of our efforts for weight loss. I need that kick in the pants for sure. As for my avatar, I've been feeling grumpy for a while now and decided to use the mascot from my favorite sushi joint out here, Genki Sushi. Every time I walk in their doors and see that face, I smile It reminds me of me The hula girl was used just on a whim. I change my avatar when the mood strikes. And don't worry about those long rambling posts...that's what we're here for, to listen and see what makes others tick.

Kempy, congrats on the job! Your pedometer probably needs to be calibrated according to your step length. The paperwork it came with should have the instructions. It's funny you mention it though, because I remember having my pedo in my purse for a week and according to it, I walked a whole bunch of miles

Hi to Karen, Cal, cw and everyone. Gotta run, mails here.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:36 PM   #9  

Hello Ladies,
Well, I was feeling pretty good about everything this morning so I went and got my hair cut SHORT!!!! I really like it short and it was already down past my shoulders again so it was time for a change. It just seems so much easier to take care of.

It has been really pretty nice weather here for us--- in the 60's. But it is supposed to be a coold down for the end of the week. At least they aren't calling for snow again on Easter!!!

Kempyd, my pedometer is a Sportline and I had to put all the settings in like your weight, and your stride length to have it measure the steps. It wasn't hard to do. I really don't know just how accurate they really are. But it is kind of fun to see what it registers at the end of the day. Some of the stores around here are offering prizes (through the health dept) for the Step Up program. It sounds like you are going to be pretty busy with the working part time now. If there was something close by I might like to do something to earn a few extra $$ !

Noelle, I think that movie has to be funny!!! I'm hoping that it comes to Woodland Park and I want to go. Everyone can use a good laugh!

Virgo, glad that you made it over.. Have you got some cooler weather headed your way too? I know Spring has to get here sooner or later. AND STAY!!!

Hello to everyone that I missed and I'll check back later to chat. Karen
Old 04-03-2007, 06:02 PM   #10  

HI
I just had to tell you (and almost forgot) my neighbor came by this morning and she said "WOW! Look at those baggy pants!" Made me feel so good!! Of course I am anxiously waiting to get down to the next size now!! OK --- Got to go and get ready to think about supper!! Karen
Old 04-04-2007, 10:01 AM   #11  

Good morning guys!

Boy am I in a funk. I have no idea why either. My life is pretty great as I see it but for some reason I just don't feel right. I was telling Joe last night about it and I said I wondered if it is b/c I ahve not been to the gym in a few weeks. That could possibly be it but I am not able to go right now. I have an appointment with the chiroprator today to see if they can help me with my lower back pain. I have been having a problem with it since we moved here. I think it was from unpacking all of the boxes so fast. I had to get everything out of the boxes b/c the moving company was coming to pick it all up. I was in overdrive then to get it all done. I was bending over alot and I think that is what did it. Now, if I wash the dogs I am on the floor with my legs on the sofa trying to relieve the stress in my back. I just hope they are able to help me. AND, to top it off Joe is dropping weight like there is no tomorrow. I know men lose at a diffrent pace but this is crazy. I have caught myself feeling sorry for myself b/c he is losing and I am not and what do I do? I go eat!!! CRAP! Sorry for the spilling but I know I can tell you guys anything.

Karen I tried to do that to my pedo. but I must have gone through it too fast. I wonder if I just bought one that was too cheap.

Noelle Joe and I are dying to see that movie. I laugh just looking at Will.

OK, I need to do a few things b4 I head to work.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:57 PM   #12  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello My girls

PULEEEZZe forgive my absence. With eevrything going on I didn't even realize how long i've been away. Good thing your girlz are better at keeping this thread up than I am

Anyhow let me congratulate Karen for her dedication and drive. You are doing so well. Ya make me proud.

Noelle- You are not allowed to be grumpy Miss thing! you are the pep of this party. By the way...could ya send some of that sunshine my way. The weather in NYC is bananas I swear I have gone through all four seasons in the last week.

Kempy- I cannot tell you how much it frustrates me to see how quickly men drop weight sometimes i feel as though they have no damn excuse for being fat. NONE But we have to accept it. Don't let it deter you.

Okay my ladies, it is midnight on the east coast and I have class in the morning. I started running again so i want to get on in early before class.

Virgo- Welcome. I've been with this crew for years and I love them like crazy. Hope you stay with us... you seem really cool
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:04 AM   #13  

Hey Dips!! Good to hear from you!! We've all been wondering what happened to you. Anyway, it is late and I just thought that I would tell you a quick Hello before getting to bed.. Be sure and write more when you get a chance and let us know what's been happening with you. Take care, Karen
Old 04-05-2007, 02:14 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 211/200/165

Height: 5' 2.5" (HW: 222)

Hey, ladies! Thanks for the welcome, Dips'n'twists!--right back atcha! And you're right about having all four seasons in the last week. That was not exaggeration, that was accurate reporting! Hope to see you around these parts more often!

Karen--Big CONGRATS!! on the "baggy pants"!! YAAYYY!!!

Kempy--sorry to hear about your funk. Did you mention it to your chiropractor? Sometimes just mentioning it to a professional whose job it is to work on your physical well-being can spur them to remember some physical thing you can do that might help. My recommendation is to put on some of your favorite "good mood" music. Something that moves you spiritually can help a lot. Even something that makes you cry can help, if it gets you in touch with the part of you that hopes. If you can find it on the net, a piece of music I strongly recommend is Duke Ellington's "Come Sunday", as sung by Mahalia Jackson. It's a beautiful piece, no matter how it's done, but get the one sung by Mahalia Jackson. It always makes me cry--but I always feel more hopeful, too. (Whenever one is crying anyway, might as well find something to move it along to a more positive position, is my way of thinking!) Here's some of the words:
"I believe the sun and moon will shine up in the sky,
When the day is gray, I know it's clouds passing by..."

Another good "uplifter" is a lot more recent. It's from the soundtrack to the animated feature Cars: "Behind the Clouds", by Brad Paisley. It's my favorite song from the soundtrack. Check both of these out, and I know you will be feeling better. Good luck! You know we're all behind you!

Mele, do send better weather to those of us on the continent! This jumping back into winter is for the birds! Not to mention it's bad for our finally-budding shrubs. Our hydrangea took a late-freeze hit like this last year, & it killed half of it off.

Okay, ladies--let's eat better, exercise well, and keep good thoughts going for one another and all the good people in our lives. Later!
Virgo

Last edited by FatToFitVirgo; 04-05-2007 at 02:30 PM.
FatToFitVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #15  

Good Afternoon everyone!
Today has been a pretty busy day for me. I got my 6 miles in this morning with the WATPs and then 200 crunches on the ab lounge. Then I decided it was time that Ginger and Sissy get baths! So the next 3 hours I spent giving them baths and brushing them. They weren't very happy about it and of course they wanted to go out in the yard and roll as soon as they were done! But they look better and it was definitley time for it. Had to wait for a fairly warm day.

My son is working in Aspen this month and had to drive a truck and trailer with about 5,000 pounds of equipment on it there this morning. He called on his way and said he was driving in a "white out" and all the cars that were coming from the direction he was going were covered in snow!! He is doing some asphalt work up there for an airport. He called a little while ago and said he made it fine but was glad the trip was over for today! He will be coming back tomorrow to Colorado Springs for the Easter weekend to spend with his family. I guess the kids were so sad last night that he wouldn't be home from work tonight. This is frist time that he has to spend time like this away from his family.

Well, guess I'd better get in and get a little more done before it's time to think about dinner. Tomorrow is weigh in day for me so everybody keep your fingers crossed I really hope to see a loss since there wasn't one last week.

Take care and I'll catch you later. Karen