Old 04-04-2007, 04:55 PM   #1  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Default I'm not new but back at it again! Fourth time the charm?? :)

Hi everyone,

Here I go again
My fourth attempt at Weight Watchers. I am the highest I have ever been....281lbs.
I went to the doctor and I mentioned trying to lose weight and I did not find him that supportive. He said "You have to lose 130lbs, it's going to take forever."
Nice huh?
Anyways, I joined weight watchers again last night and there was a fantastic leader. She's a cop and just says it like it is. She is so perfect for me.
Very supportive-gave out her email so that we can contact her if we are struggling.

So it is day one and I have done okay so far Yay!

I look forward to getting to know you all through the boards. I am glad there is a board for people who have large amounts of weight to lose. I just don't relate to people that weigh 120lbs and think they need to lose weight.

Have a great day!
Lisa
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:01 PM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Lisa. Glad you decided to join us. It might take a while to lose the weight... but it might not! Just take it one day at a time and you will get there.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:35 PM   #3  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

You're at the same start weight as mine, Lisa. I'm sure you will do great this time. Those other times were just for practice. Now it is for real.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:52 PM   #4  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Here is another way to look at it. If you didn't put an effort forth to lose, then what is the alternative? Just to keep going up! So, you have done the right thing, and you already know this is a wonderful place to come for support! It's good to hear you have such a supportive WW leader. That will be a big help too!

Don't let your doctor's comments bother you any. Rather, remind yourself that no matter how long it takes, it is worth every effort to get back your health!

I look forward to seeing your progress as we journey together back to good health!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Don't look back on yesterday...just make good choices for today only! Then, when tomorrow gets here, you can do that all over again. Every day adds up, and before you know it, you will be losing nicely!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #5  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Yes, take it one day at a time. But, don't actually count the days. That will set you up for disaster. Instead just focus on this as the healthy eating and exercising that you will do for the rest of your life. Because this has to be a lifetime commitment.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:26 PM   #6  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Lisa

So glad you joined us! Want to get a great dieting tip? - post here often and you lose weight!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:49 PM   #7  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!!! Fourth time WILL be the charm! Do it, so you can go back and shove it in the doctor's face! LOL.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumboot View Post
I went to the doctor and I mentioned trying to lose weight and I did not find him that supportive. He said "You have to lose 130lbs, it's going to take forever."
Nice huh?
How did you refrain from shoving a tongue depressor where the sun don't shine.

Welcome to 3FC. I haven't been here long either, but everyone is very friendly and supportive plus they have lots of great tips.
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:40 PM   #9  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

Hi Lisa. I've always wanted to join Weight Watchers. Doctor's aren't exactly the best at dealing with such a sensitive subject, are they?
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Hi Lisa!!! (nice name...)

I joined Weight Watchers back in 2001 and lost 50 pounds, which I promptly gained back. I tried WW again very briefly after that, among other programs, and then in July of this past year I decided to commit to it. I don't go to meetings -- I just use my old materials and info I find online to count my WW points. I post here for accountability.

130 pounds seems like a lot to lose, but you can do it. You can lose 10 pounds, and then you can do that 12 more times. You make the right choices and the losses add up. Time passes, and before you know it you're getting all sorts of compliments, wearing smaller clothes, feeling stronger and more alive, and meeting great people on 3FC!! Good luck, and post here often!! We'll be with you all the way!

LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote