Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 06:41 PM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Red face Hot and Healthy Challenge Chicks 4/2/07-4/8/07

What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.

We can do this!!
Old 04-03-2007, 06:47 PM   #2  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by starting this week's thread. But I'm just too impatient. All my other familiar groups have their new threads and so should my H&H chicks! Plus, it's the first thread of the new month! WI was today and I'm down 1.6 lbs. Finally, I am losing again!
Old 04-03-2007, 06:49 PM   #3  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Oh I forgot to state my goals for this month:

* Lose 5 lbs.
* Limit my soda intake to the weekends.
* Get back into my workout routine.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi Shari how are you doing? You will love having a kitten, I have one her name is Zoe She is 2 1/2 yrs old, she is a siamese and himalyian (SP) cross, beige and gray, right now she is chasing my shadow when I move, she hides her toys, then lies and stares under the furniture, waiting for you yo get them out, so she can do it again. She sleeps between our legs at night or if you go for a nap, sometimes shegets uner the covers to sleep, she just leans against your leg then, she has to be touching myself or dh. She is a bit skidish with new people and hides. My daughter has a cat that fetches and loves to play with those sticks with feathers, I swear she will jump 3 ft off the floot trying to get it. You will really enjoy your new kitten, try and teach her things when she is fairly young.

About your books all being read, why don't you join the library, I know it's free here.

My goals for this month are to lose 7 lbs and try to eat six mini meals a day,
exercise as much as I can, try and get the doc. to approve more exercises, drink all my water every day. Today was weigh in, but I firgot to before I ate, so will have to do it tomorrow.

Sharon S.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLea View Post
Oh I forgot to state my goals for this month:

* Lose 5 lbs.
* Limit my soda intake to the weekends.
* Get back into my workout routine.
I have been bad.. ohhhh so bad. I'm still at the same weight and haven't been walking. I haven't been motivated to do ANYTHING. I know, it stinks, but.. well.. yeah I don't have any excuses..

I am still on plan.. but I know I havent dropped because I haven't MOVED..

Bad me..

Have a great day everyone and thanks honey for starting the thread!
Old 04-04-2007, 12:22 PM   #6  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Sharon ~ I'm just ready for my kitten to come home. I REALLY wanted a puppy but my apartment complex doesn't allow pets and dogs bark so.... my mama has a cat named Blackfoot. We've had him since he was a kitten and he's a nut. He's as crazy as the rest of the family. I do have a library card but I never have time to go.

Mimi ~ You must be in a slump. I know how that feels. You might need to force yourself to move before you become to accustomed to being lazy.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:29 PM   #7  

Well this is my second post, I lost the first one, typing with one hand is the pits.

Shari you must be so excited about the kitty! In regards to the library, maybe you could schedule it into one of your days thats not to busy.

SD Gal don't be to hard on yourself, you have maintained your weight and stayed with your plan, that is GREAT. When you get some motivation you will start losing again. Everyone has there times when they are just not motivated, sometimes stressed out, they do say exercising helps when stressed, but it is just making the girst move to get going that is the hardest. Just try and do dome deep breathing when you are feeling stressed, take yourself to your own little niche and close your eyes and concentrate on your breathing, you will be okay hon, remember were here for you.

Take care all.
Sharon S.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Hello! Well today is the first day that I didn't binge eat!!! Well I shouldn't get too excited, it's only 8:30 p.m. and there is still time. I have been horrible since I started my new job. I never go to lunch but then I eat crackers like crazy sitting at my computer and before you know it the whole box is gone. I am so completely off my routine. I haven't exercised in two months and I haven't weighed myself either because I'm to afraid. I get into a huge major funky depressed mood when I put on a lot of weight and I can't face it. My clothes still fit, but definitely snugger.

Well I didn't mean to go on about myself. Still I'm hoping that one day will lead into two good days.

Sharon when will you have the use of two hands? You've been dealing with it for so long.

SDGal - I know what it's like to be bad. I ate so much cookie dough this weekend that my family said I really turned green Just hang in there.

Shari - a kitten? Good for you. I've never owned a pet but my family really wants one. I just know that I will be taking care of it. I already have 5 children, don't know if I want a sixth!
Old 04-05-2007, 12:57 AM   #9  

Hello again I forgot to mention my food today, which wasn't great, I didn't get all my fruit in, but did get the vegies in, was short on the protien as well and the water was very low. I did get my 30 min. walk in though and when I weighed myself this morning I was down to 223.5 which pleased me, but I know it was because I was sick and in the hospital and the food was not appealing at all, but dh seemed to choke it down.

In regards to getting back the use of my other hand Stopeating, I have to say I am not sure, he has put pins in to try and fix the problem with the wrist legimates (sp) but has already said he does not think it will work, so that means another surgery for my wrist, and my elbow doesn't look that great, as per the last X-ray, but I go tomorrow for more X-rays and I will see him then and hopefully find out more, it's been 4 weeks and at first before the operation he had mentioned 6-8weeks, then physio.

Stopeating you are under alot of stress right now, with the new job, you should take even 15 mins. and go for a little walk at lunch and try to bring healthy food and snacks. You also have 5 kids with one going to college, you have a lot on your plate right now, just try to get back to eating and exercising by doing a little each day and trying to do a little more each new week. These are just suggestion's, I to need to improve as you can see from my food record today. Each day is a new day and we can only do our best for that day. You have done so well try not to fall backwards, it is to hard to lose a lot of weight again. I had lost 80 pounds in 2004 and put it all back on and now trying to lose it again. So don't do what I did Okay!
You got one day in, lets go for two. Good luck, I know you can do it.

Sharon S.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:54 PM   #10  

Thanks girls.. I am feeling sorry for myself. And I know I am up in weight because the size 10 slacks I bought last month are now *quite* tight.. I am really angry with myself and would love nothing more than to simply EAT my way out of this slump.. I am frustrated.. that's all.. I have to quit being lazy and get my arse back on the street to walk again..

Have a super day.. Hugs..
Old 04-06-2007, 01:27 AM   #11  

SD Gal you are just in a slump, but you are going to have to force yourself to get up and get moving. Remember how good it felt to get into those size 10 slacks, you were so thrilled and you should be, but if you don't get walking again you will be out of those slacks and even more upset at yourself. So make a plan, even if it's baby steps it will be a start, you can do it. You were much happier with yourself too! Sorry for being harsh, but I don't want you to gain what you worked so hardto lose.

Well I went to the doctor's today for my arm and in two weeks I will get the pins out and will not have to wear the brace anymore, but I will then have to start physio therapy, for how long I don't know. So far the wrist is looking good, so I may not need to have any surgery on it.

I did not do great with food today or water, the morning was fine but with two doc. appt. it threw off my lunch and supper. But my daughter and I went for a pedicure tonight, then out to eat, and I only got 10 mins. of exercise in. I to have to pull up my boots and get my act together with food, water and exercise.

Have a good day.
Sharon S.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:37 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuk4 View Post
SD Gal you are just in a slump, but you are going to have to force yourself to get up and get moving. Remember how good it felt to get into those size 10 slacks, you were so thrilled and you should be, but if you don't get walking again you will be out of those slacks and even more upset at yourself. So make a plan, even if it's baby steps it will be a start, you can do it. You were much happier with yourself too! Sorry for being harsh, but I don't want you to gain what you worked so hardto lose.

Well I went to the doctor's today for my arm and in two weeks I will get the pins out and will not have to wear the brace anymore, but I will then have to start physio therapy, for how long I don't know. So far the wrist is looking good, so I may not need to have any surgery on it.

I did not do great with food today or water, the morning was fine but with two doc. appt. it threw off my lunch and supper. But my daughter and I went for a pedicure tonight, then out to eat, and I only got 10 mins. of exercise in. I to have to pull up my boots and get my act together with food, water and exercise.

Have a good day.
Sharon S.
I'm glad your wrist is better Sharon.. its been a hard time for you!

Thank you for the support. I admit I have slumped and really not cared either. BAD ME! I was doing so well but have been horribly unmotivated.

Hugs to all.. Happy Good Friday!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #13  

Hello!

Thanks Sharon for the really sweet words. In the last six years I lost 50 pounds. I kept most of it off most of the time, but I'm up about 15 pounds right now. I don't want to start all over again.

I'm on my third day of being really good with the eating. I even made brownies tonight for the family and didn't lick the bowl! HUGE weakness for me.

Two more weeks until the pins come out? Will that be an out-patient surgery? It sounds incredibly painful. You are such a trooper. We fly to Minnesota in June for pins, screws, plates, etc. to be removed from my son as an out-patient basis and they said he will be sore for a couple of weeks. I am sure that the therapy will help you so much. I really hope your arm will be all corrected for you. My son and I will be praying for you.

SD Gal - I was down to a few size 6's. But I fit comfortably in a size 8 and that was my size until a year ago. Now I'm in a 10 and they are getting snug. It is so frustrating but I have no one to blame but myself. For me, if I start eating healthy for a few days, I want to exercise. When I eat badly, I'm not motivated. I'm going to aim for 1 hour of walking this weekend and it is 28 degrees here!!!
Old 04-08-2007, 02:52 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopeating View Post
Hello!

SD Gal - I was down to a few size 6's. But I fit comfortably in a size 8 and that was my size until a year ago. Now I'm in a 10 and they are getting snug. It is so frustrating but I have no one to blame but myself. For me, if I start eating healthy for a few days, I want to exercise. When I eat badly, I'm not motivated. I'm going to aim for 1 hour of walking this weekend and it is 28 degrees here!!!
Thanks SE.. I agree, I have no one but myself to blame. I have not been motivated lately.. I don't even know why!

Sorry I haven't been around.. Hugs...
Old 04-08-2007, 06:47 PM   #15  

Okay still haven't exercised. We got a 1/2 foot of snow!!! I hate going out in the snow and I've lived in Michigan all of my life!!!!

Anyway, have you heard of Z trim? I saw it on this web site on a review of diets. It sounded really cool so I ordered some. I need some motivation. If you have a chance, read about it under the reviews and see what you think.

Hope you are having a great weekend!
Closed Thread