Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 09:36 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss & Chitchat #245

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Happy Hump Day, Ladies!

Tina - love the new avatar! You look so sassy! Good luck at the dr next week.

Amy - how's it going today? Do you have a plan for success today? Making a food journal the night before, or right after breakfast works for me, maybe that would help you, too. When it's time to eat, I just look at it and all the guesswork is gone. Personally, I just use school paper in a 3-ring binder for my journal.

Sue - yay for your NSV avoiding the chips.

Cristina - thank you for the card - you're a sweetie. You and I bought the same stickers, lol. Great minds think alike, right, lol. So do you think you'll get the family room done today?

Sassy - we had a terrible storm! Hail the size of marbles, and awful winds. The lights flickered a couple of times, but never did go out. I was glad, because I had chicken in the crock pot, lol.

Mindee - I'm hoping little Marissa stays put until she's all the way "cooked", lol. Same with my DGS Jackson. Gina is under a lot of stress right now, so I worry.

Hello to everyone else.

As I told Sassy, we had some horrific storms here yesterday. We were right in the line of tornadic winds, and it hailed for awhile. Scary business. I haven't heard whether any towns nearby were affected.

Gina's father is at death's door. If you remember, he has cancer everywhere now, and he told the family yesterday that he thinks he has only a few days to live. Hospice has been a true Godsend, helping with everything. Gina said his color is awful, and he has begun to have a rattle in his chest. So please, if you will, pray that his death will be peaceful, that Gina will be able to hold up through all this, and that little Jackson will wait a few weeks to be born, and not come early.

I'm doing well with the food and everything. Feels great.

Toodles,
Old 04-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Well, TOM finally showed up today. I thought is was suppose to come Sunday....so I've just had the cravings/cramps/and backaches...I don't dare weigh during this time. I just have a lot of bookwork to do today...I might sneak in a little laying out in the sun today tho... It's been so beautiful here lately. Sun shining...I just love it. I am definately a summer person. I hate to be cold!!!

Thanks Jane~ not sassy...just a little silly maybe. I need to take another one. haha!

Amy~ I hope you have a great day today. Don't worry about the scale just get back on track. It's not a bad thing to go off track here and there if you get right back on. It's the falling off and not coming back that hurts. So you'll be just fine!

Tina
Old 04-04-2007, 03:45 PM   #4  
ugggg.....

Just wanted to pop in to say hi to all--DH has been like a bear with a sore arse for several days now and as usual I am an easy target. I just don't have much to say right now. I have gone to the gym both monday & tuesday and walked 2 miles each night along with the crunch machine maybe him being grumpy is good--I go to the gym to get out of the house!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 04:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Height: 5'2"

Hey There Hi There Ho There

Hope Everyone had a Nice Weekend...I kept busy with Hubby, he got home around 10 am on Saturday, had a mountain of laundry to be done and then we had to go grocery shopping for him, we got the taxes done while he was home and finally got our vacation plans finalized, we decided to go to WDW
in Sept again, we really enjoyed the Not So Scary Halloween Party last year so we decided to go at the same time again...He left for Chicago last nite and wasn't really too happy about it LOL, but he's always grumpy the first couple of days out...it's COLD and windy and the weather channel keeps saying flurries( I know where they can stick those!!), TOM is FINALLY gone...didn't bother to weigh last week but did this morning and was happy to see I stayed the same...missed 2 days of walking so I will have to make them up during the month...Well I've blathered long enough, Have a Great Day All

Pink Jane
Old 04-04-2007, 04:30 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

JANE...not doing anything around the house today except a couple loads of laundry. Will work on the family room and Josh's this weekend, had too many errands to run this morning. So sorry to hear about Gina's dad...will definitely say a prayer for the family.

JULES...sorry DH was being a bear. But WTG on the 4 miles!

SUE...WTG on your walking as well.

SASSY...hope the storms have passed. I think we are supposed to get some rain this evening. THe temp sure changed though. It was 83 Monday and then 65 yesterday. Dropped to the 50's today but with the wind blowing it feels cold. Had to turn the heater/furnace back on.

MINDEE...I think Happy Feet is a good theme fo ra BD party. I want to see the movie...it looks cute.

4AMY...good for you missy for jumping back on the horse.

TINA...forgot to mention your avatar yesterday. Great picture! One day I will put my mug up there, not sure though. Can't find a pic I like.

Hi to everyone else

Thought I would do my grocery shopping today instead of tomorrow since it is supposed to rain. Had to run to Hallmark as well. V's BD is next week and they have some gag gifts for the BIG 5-0! Had to return something to Penneys catalog department. I ordered a rooster for the kitchen and they sent an Asian girl thing (UPS guy just dropped it off, lol). Then dropped some sheers off to be shortened and on and on. Thought I would try to do everything today but it didn't happen. Still going to have a couple of things to take care of tomorrow. DD and I are going to see Reign Over Me...think that is the name of it. The movie with Adam Sandler. But...I am loving our new house and neighborhood...just thought I would throw that in there, lol. We met the president of the hoa, and a lady from the welcoming committee Monday evening. They dropped by the house with a big wandering jew plant and card. I thought that was sweet. I put it on the deck on the table.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!

EDITED: to say HI to PINK JANE! Sorry DH isn't happy with going to Chicago. Don't even mention that four letter word! LOL No snow here...although they mentioned it on the news last night. Way north of us there was a chance.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 04-05-2007 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:58 PM   #7  
I work with germs!!

Good Afternoon Ladies!!

Jane--So sorry to hear about Gina's Dad. I hope things work out for your family. The stress must be unbelievable. Several years ago my ex-SIL was pregnant with twins and her mother was terminal with cancer and she died 2 days after the babies were born. We swore that she waiting until those babies were born and knew that everything was alright before she finally let go and went to heaven. My prayers are with you.

Amy--I'm right with you girl. I've been very unmotivated lately. Haven't even been on the scale for almost 2 weeks. I think we all go through these slumps from time to time. I'll get back on the horse, I know I will and you will too. Just don't beat up on yourself. I think I need to try on last year's swimsuits and start marking the calendar till my beach vacation. That should motivate me.

Cristina, Sue & Marti-- I am so pleased with my Canadel furniture. It can be a little pricey but so well made. It will surely be the last dinette set and stools that I will ever need to buy.

Sorry ladies for the quickie post today. I''ve just gotten back from all day of running with my Mom. She has two doc appts and then I had to rush her home so I could make it to the dentist in time. I have about 1/2 hr until DH comes home and then it's off to dance tonight. We had those terrible storms run through here about 4 this morning. My poor little Oliver (yorkie-schnauzer) was trembling and wiggling his way between me and dh. Cody (bischon) was oblivious.

I'm happy to see that everyone seems to be doing well and staying on track with eating and exercise. It's been difficult keeping up with everyone lately. They have cut off alot of our internet access at the hospital due to the Joint Commission due any day for an inspection. It won't even load the webpage By the time I get home at night, I barely have time to get ready for the next day.

I do have a question for everyone???? How do you respond to private messages. Jane--I know that you sent me one and others have asked for addresses and email addresses but computer-challenged me can't figure it out. Also, where do you all get the cute avatars? Well it looks like my quickie post has turned into a novel. Speaking of novels...I have been reading books by Laura Lippman. She is like Patricia Cornwell. Lippman is from the Baltimore area and all her books take place in my area so while reading them, you can visualize all the places that she talks about.

Ok, gotta go and dance with my man!! Hope everyone's evening is great. Pray that Sanjaya gets the boot tonight on Idol!! A big hug to all that I missed. You'll hear more from me on Friday, finally my day off!!
Old 04-04-2007, 04:59 PM   #8  
I work with germs!!

Cristina--we must have been posting at the same time. Isn't it funny that we both made the remark about getting back on the horse!! Were we separated at birth??
Old 04-04-2007, 08:00 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

Tammy - are you asking how to send and open PMs? If so, here's how: to send a PM to someone, first click on their blue username that is in the upper left hand corner of their post. When the menu list drops down, click on Send a PM to Whoever, and then just follow the steps. To open a PM, just click on the Private Messages prompt in the upper right hand corner of this or any main page. Hope this helps.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:00 PM   #10  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Howdy Girls.

Wow! Talk about Temperature Change! Holy Moly! Its SNOWING! The wind is blowing, this is just plain weird!

Of course with all this blasted weather my back and DH's knees are killing us! Can't wait until the weather finally makes up its mind! lol.

I hope you all are doing well.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:21 PM   #11  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Darn the weather! It was 32 degrees this morning while we were taking Mom to the airport. Came home and took Baby out for 15 minutes and just about froze. Later when I checked it was 29 degrees. Yikes, needless to say after 3 10 or 15 minute walks around the house throughout the day I passed on a longer walk. It wouldn't have been so bad, as I have walked when it was cold before, but the wind was fierce! At least I ate fairly well today...only did 10 minutes of stretches. ugh.

And we did have snow flurries....
Old 04-05-2007, 12:41 AM   #12  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

nothing really new here....Tommy came home from work on Wednesday not feeling good. He talked to another guy at his work, who was having the same symptoms, and that guys girlfriend just found out that she has influenza A, not sure what that means, I thought there was only one kind of the flu. But he came home, I made him some chicken noodle soup, he sat out with us for about a half hour and then went to bed. He just woke up a couple minutes to go to the bathroom. He said his stomach feels better, but now he has a headache. The boys were trying to give him kisses on the lips like they normally do. Logan kept getting mad because Tommy would turn his lips away so Logan would get his cheek.

Jane~ I was just reading an email actually, and on Monday when I start my 38th week, they consider me ready for baby time. So, I will be ripe for the plucking as some say.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:53 AM   #13  

Height: 5'1"

Just poppin' in quickly ladies....I'm sorry but that seems like that's what I'll be doing for most of this month while trying to organize, get ready for the move and work! How do people do it???

I try to pop in to at least keep up w/the news. And when I get spare time, I will post more. For now....I'm bushed and ready to hit the hay.

Hugs to each of you!
Old 04-05-2007, 02:15 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Hey could some of you guys go and vote for my daughter. She's in a contest for Smashbox cosmetics. Thanks if you do...in advance.

http://216.117.193.21/modeling/profi...fileID=1254194

Tina
Old 04-05-2007, 10:46 AM   #15  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Tina---She is beautiful...I was glad to vote.

Marti- AW...Sorry you are so busy. Don't forget some "ME" time in all of your hectic paced days.

Mindee- Hope Tommy gets feeling better and that you nor the boys get the bug.

Sassy- Yikes...It got cold here too. Hope your back feels better. My joints ache today and I always thought it was because of the damp...but now it is just cold.

Tina- We are still looking at stools. Went to an Amish furniture store yesterday and the wood ones are beautiful. I'm not sure what we will get.

Jane- Are you surviving the cold? We didn't get the storm...just the dropping temps. Brrrrrr.

Cristina- I went and looked at your pictures...had seen them when you put them up earlier. Still love the house... Really love the family room. Are you putting curtains at the bay in the breakfast area? I am trying to decide what to do with our bay.....it is in the back so no "peepers" but the sun does shine in when we are eating sometimes and shoots right for the eyes. I like all the windows uncovered for the light...but then they look so stark. Decisions, decisions.

Took Baby out and we both shivered. I keep hoping the sun will shine before I need to take her for her long walk....but it looks doubtful. I need exercise today!! Eating is OK so far. (multigrain english muffin)
Closed Thread