Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2002, 01:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Angry Stay At Home Mom's #34

STAY AT HOME MOM'S #34
GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE!!

Welcome to a thread full of humor, encouragement, friendship & fellowship, as we share the ups & downs of raising a family & losing weight! We welcome all new friends & our returning friends too!

Be sure to go back & check out the Stay At Home Mom's #33 thread to see what has been going on in everyone's lives & meet our newcomers.

Last edited by Freckles; 02-17-2002 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-17-2002, 02:55 PM   #2  

I thought that I'd drop a few lines while I had the chance. DH is watching the NASCAR races on tv, ds & dd are doing homework. Enjoying the peace & quiet! I'm starting to feel better. The antibiotics kicked in a few days ago & my energy is returning & thank goodness, the coughing has subsided! I'm trying to tackle the housework, as it was "on hold" while I was ill again. I sure wish that the family would help me out more than they do! I taped the Oprah show the other day on stress. I'm glad that I did because there was a part on there that I want my family to see. It's about how just about any member of the family can help out with chores no matter what age & even ones with disabilities. I'm hoping that Misty is enjoying her much needed vacation. I hope that she knows that we can wait the extra few minutes so that she can get settled @ home again. Spryng: Happy Belated Birthday to you! I hope that you enjoyed your day! Well, it's time to put another load in the washer & another in the dryer. TTFN
Old 02-18-2002, 02:37 PM   #3  

Question

Good Afternoon!

Are you all up for another challenge? Seeing that we have less than a month before St. Patrick's Day, should we shoot for 3 or 4 pounds to lose? Let me know what you think. My "negative" Mom noticed that I lost weight & said that I was looking good. I was in total shock, as she usually tells me how gross I look! Maybe I learned a few weight loss tricks while I was sick. I sure hope I can keep up the losing battle. I plan on going to the "Y" sometime this week. I have not gone in almost a month! My house comes first. I'm starting to feel a little bit more organized. Everything really fell out of place for the past month while I was sick. Well, I'm going to close for now, as I feel like I'm only replying to myself. I sure hope that you all are just busy & that I didn't bore you all to death! TTFN
Old 02-19-2002, 11:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning everyone! Sorry it's been a couple of days since I posted. My DH days off are sunday and monday and we try to get out and do something on those days so I wasn't home much. Everything is ok here. I really went over board yesterday on my eating but I'm still exercising every other day or so and maintaining my same weight. I'm cracking down on my eating this week though and hopefully lose a lb. between the exercise and the low cal something should give. I'm already seeing results on my back and thighs. Things are finally toning up!
Jackie that St. Patricks day challenge sounds great. exactly how far away is it? I'd like to shoot for 4 lbs loss by then. That will put me at 130. Count me in!!
Well, I guess I'll get off here. Hope to see some more posts later!!
Old 02-19-2002, 11:57 AM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Good Morning!!!!!
Jackie- thanks for starting a new thread. I just got so busy this weekend (a house full with the 2 extra days off!) that I hardly got to see the computer (it was glued to Dd's fingers!)I will join you on the weight loss challenge. I'd like to make it to at least 154# by then- which I think gives me 3 or 4 # to lose.
Glad that you are feeling better! (sounds like you caught the bug I had last year) Good luck with the house. Isn't it amazing how bad a very clean house can become when you take some time off for illness? (it self destructs all by itself!)
Great too that your mom noticed your weight loss. We always have a smile and hug for you here, even when the rest of the world doesn't!
Spryng-great that you are seeing some results on your back and thighs. And getting back to eating well after a not so good day. That can be tough, but you seem to have the resolve to stick with it. Good job!
Gotta go and get dinner planned. (so I do not face total disaster later).
No walk yesterday (we went to visit my mom). But I hope to get one in later.
Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 02-19-2002, 12:19 PM   #6  

Hi!

Glad to see some new posts here besides my own! Spryng: I was looking @ your weight STATS & it reminded me of where I was about 10 years back! Keep posting, as it is a great incentive program for me. Keep up the great work with the exercise, as it's paying off for you! Don't worry about occaisionally going overboard. The way you are on top of things, you'll burn it off in no time!
I'm still waiting for my energy level to return before going back to the "Y". I guess a zillion more trips up & down the stairs should do it! Glad that you had the time to spend some quality time with the family the past 2 days. Well, St. Patrick's Day is on March 17th. This leaves us with less than 4 weeks to work on our challenge of 3-4# to lose.
I think that we can do it, we just have to work at it! This gives us less than 2# p/wk, which is a safe amount to lose p/wk. Ginny: I'm glad that you are joining the challenge too! You are doing so, so...great on your weightloss! It didn't seem that long ago that you were in the 170's! And now you are in the 150's? You go girl!!
How's Karen feeling? Did you make a pot of Homemade Chicken Soup for dinner? Throw something in the crockpot? How is your DM doing? I hope that your visit was "just because" & wasn't for health reasons. Thanks for the good luck with my housework & also for the HUGS & SMILES, they're much appreciated!! Well, I'd better get going. It's garbage day in my neighborhood again & I have to toss lot's & lot's of junk today & it's time to play the game of: "Beat the Garbage Man To The Roadside!" See yah all later!

Last edited by Freckles; 02-19-2002 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-19-2002, 12:32 PM   #7  

Thanks so much Jackie for your kind words!! I do feel that I am finally in control of my eating even though every now and then I go all out on a meal or two! The way I eat though really has become a life style for me, not so much a diet anymore. Which is great for me. With me finally exercising I feel like I am getting very healthy and everyone is noticing it! I have people come up and ask me how I did it (lose 30 lbs) and I smile and say dieting of course. It always starts with dieting. No pills or miracle drugs for me. Just old fashioned cutting calories and watching portions. Hence....DIETING I think people must think I did something else for them all to ask how I lost the weight. Isn't it obvious???
I did have some quality family time. I went on sunday with DH and the kids to visit some of my cousins that live only a few miles away yet I haven't seen in 5 years!! We had a wonderful time and I am planning on going back soon. Family is so important these days. Especially to me.
4 weeks gives us plenty of time to lose the weight. I'm hoping this exercising will break my stall. if it does then 4 lbs won't be too difficult to reach by then. I'll keep everyone posted. I didn't make the valentines day challenge because of this stall. But I want to make this next one. As you can see on my stats I changed my goals. I'm trying to give my body some time to adapt to this weight so that it will give in and start losing again. I hope so anyway.
I am so glad you are feeling better again Jackie. And don't worry about the Y. Cleaning house burns calories too!! You'll be exercising before you know it, enjoy your down time.
Well, I guess I'm off here again. I'm getting hungary. Time for lunch! Talk to you girls later!!!
Old 02-19-2002, 08:34 PM   #8  

So, Spryng:....you were once 160-plus pounds & now you are 134#? I guess this gives me even more incentive! And Ginny too! You both are dropping in wt. @ a pretty good pace, so I guess I could do it again too! How is everyone else doing? I haven't heard from the rest of you in awhile. Drop us a line, okay? Well, time to get the kids ready for bed. TTFN Misty/Lil'Sunshine & CDM
Where are you?

Last edited by Freckles; 02-19-2002 at 08:45 PM.
Old 02-20-2002, 10:29 AM   #9  

Yes Jackie when I began dieting after my ds was born I was 164 lbs. That was the atkins diet. My stats on my signature is where I started on low cal. I've been on low cal for 3 1/2 months now and have only dropped 14 lbs. I was looking at that this morning. That's not great but at least I like this diet. I think I may have to go back to atkins for a couple of weeks until I lose this last 9lbs. It doesn't seem low cal is working for me anymore. But I'm not quitting yet. I'm still giving this exercising time to boost my metabolism naturally. If after another week I still haven't lost anything I may try atkins until I hit my goal. We'll see.
Yesterday went ok. I had chinese for dinner but it shouldn't have put me over my limit. I didn't get any exercise in. I was feeling pretty tired all day. But I'll get it in today and eat fewer cals and more water!! I've been slacking on my water lately. I need to get that 8 glasses down again. today is the day!!
I'm glad Jackie that my weight loss is giving you some incentive to get your weight off. You can definitely do it!! Where are you now and what is your goal??
I'll talk to you later!!
Old 02-20-2002, 03:28 PM   #10  
burned out bus driver

Good Afternoon!!
How is everyone today? Another quiet day for me. I got my hair done this morning, and brought Karen with me. She stayed home again today, after coughing a good part of the night. I just finished some ironing, and thought that I would reward myself with some online time afterward. Karen took a nap while I ironed and just got up. So there goes my time here! I feel bad for her, she is a bit droopy and the cough is so nagging. But no fever, thank God. She could have gone to school and I know misses her friends, but noone wants a coughing girl sitting next to their child. She is good company, and I have enjoyed having some time with her.

So,Jackie, did you beat the garbage man to the roadside????? (don't ya love garbage day! Gets rid of dust collecting stuff!!!!!)
Thanks for the encouraging words. You're going to be a loser too.
Just remember how you got all worked up for that Hawaii trip and looked so great! It will happen again. Hopefully it will only be a few days until you are feeling strong again and can get to the Y.
Right, Hotbuns? Right!

Spryng- well if it was up to me I think I would name you the thread mascot!!!! Or postermom for weight loss. You set a goal for yourself (the wedding) and met it. What an accomplishment!
As for your present plateau, you will break thru it. Are there any hidden calories (something that you are drinking, Iknow we have already been thru the juice discussion) that is packing calories?
But you are so close to goal, that your metabolism is probably just adjusting and the pounds will come off a bit more slowly.
Hang in there!!!!!! Hope that you got that water in.

As for me, I feel sort of silly. Got on the scale this am- and weighed in at 154.5#. So, I am just out to lose as much as I can get off by 3/17. I had no idea that I was down below 155 already- but last week was TOM so I was carrying some water weight.
Gotta go. Ds is due home any second.
Have a great nite!
Ginny

(yes, Jackie, dinner is in the crock pot!)
Old 02-20-2002, 04:22 PM   #11  

Thank you so much Ginny for your kind words!!! mascot huh?? Sounds nice!!
I don't know if there are hidden calories or not. I mean I don't drink juice or things like that. I did start eating a low fat breakfast bar that had 13 g of sugar in it. But that was after I had already stalled and I haven't touched one in a week or more. I really don't know. I eat alot of tuna, hamburger, or chicken helpers without the meat and made with fat free skim milk and hardly any butter. Is there hidden cals in there??
I think I am just stalled that's all. I've been exercising for almost a week now (not everyday of course but just about every other day) so that should make a difference. I haven't been very good as far as eating the last few days off and on so I know I won't see a loss this week at all. But I'm trying! I got in my exercise today and mopped my kitchen for an added bonus workout I have drank 4 glasses of water already and will have the others at dinner. I had a lean pocket for lunch and am planning a healthy dinner. I've done very good today I think!! Now if my body would just give up that fat I would be perfect!!!! ( my mood that is )
Sorry to hear your daughter is a little sick. But it sounds like you two got in some quality time together. Was that the 15 yo? Congrats on the .5 lb loss!! You must be so happy! what kind of scale do you use that tells you to the half of lb loss? maybe I need one of those. I would be tickled to see .000001 lb loss
Well I'm off here now. Hope everyone evening goes smoothly!
Old 02-20-2002, 09:32 PM   #12  

Good Evening!

First of all....Ginny: No, I did not get a chance to put extra garbage out by the roadside. I got a little "sidetracked" with the checkbook & bills. They were a little more important to me at that moment. With being sick for almost a month, I got a little behind on the bills & was worried that I might have the bill collectors after me if I didn't kick it in gear! I'm happy to say that the bills are in the mail or have made their destinations already. We both had kids home with us today. DS was home with a fever & just about every joint in his body ached him. Besides his fever, he felt pretty good for most of the day. He ended up working on a VERY LARGE Puzzle 3-D. I'm not sure if you saw this one or not, but it's of New York City, including the towers. Once he's done with this, he'd like to display it in his schools library. (Can you tell that he's proud of it?) One more thing: Congrats on getting below 155#! That is so great & I'm so happy for you! Maybe I should hop on the scale again, huh? Spryng: I think that I may have figured out what your hidden problem with weight might be. Is this chicken/tuna/hamburger helper the kind from the box that is made by Hamburger Helper? There is TONS of sodium in these boxed mixes! You probably are retaining water if this is the culprit. Good luck! Also, I couldn't remember if you were taking a good Multi-vitamin or not. Sometimes your body can go into the "starvation" mode if you are not getting the proper vitamins & minerals. I think the best thing that you can do for your self is have patience. I know as hard as you're working at it, it will come off. Well, DH is calling for me, so I'd better get going for the evening & finish up my before bed chores. TTFN
Old 02-21-2002, 10:00 AM   #13  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Good Morning Girls! Well we are still on the road. We are at my parents home in Ohio now. They will be keeping our girls for awhile. Dh and I are headed to Cabo San Lucas. It was a suprize when momma and daddy offered to keep the girls. We were kinda playing things by ear anyhow. Looks like a second honeymoon. I'm very tired, hope to catch up on some rest during the flight. That's funny considering I'm a nervous wreck! After all the September 11. You can imagine. I believe I'll be able to check in once again after we are there. They have an Internet Cafe in the center of town. Congrat's on the loss Ginny! So good to see you back Jackie! Glad you are feeling better! I'm with Jackie about the hamberger helper Spryng. Pasta and bread always put me in a stall. I try to avoid them even though I love them so. Hang in there! Hey can I be mascot's sidekick!? I'm up for the challenge too. Count me in. I'm still at 125#. I was thinking about the Adkins diet too. I just might try it when I get back. You'll have to educate me Spryng. Okay Girls, daddy found my spanish text books so I'm off to brush up on my spanish. It's been years since I have been to Mexico. Take care! I miss ya all.
Old 02-21-2002, 11:27 AM   #14  

Lilbitofsunshine: Thanks for checking in with us. I hope you & your DH have a great time on your "2nd Honeymoon"
& really get the R&R that you both deserve so much! I believe that the airport security has really changed for the better, so try & get some rest on the plane. Have fun brushing up on your Spanish. Glad to hear that you are joining us in the St. Pat's challenge. Don't worry too much about watching it on vacation though, enjoy!! I felt a little bit agitated this a.m. & had a chocolate bar from the Valentine's candy. I was doing so well staying away from it, but gave in this a.m. I guess I'll have to do a lot of housework to make up for it. Well, speaking of housework, I'd better get back to it. Hope you check in with us @ one of the internet cafe's.
Old 02-22-2002, 10:59 AM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!!
Just a quick check in to say hello, before I go for my walk.
Ds is home with a 103 fever and sore throat. Threw up too. (Hope I did not ruin anyones day with that!) I feel a bit queasy too- so I want to get that walk in before what I hope is not the inevitable........................
I'll get back on later and address the posts.
Have a great day!
Ginny
Closed Thread