Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 11:26 AM   #1  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default 1lb. Down and Plenty More To Go! - April

to ~ One LB. Down and Plenty More To GO!

Old friends and New friends,

This thread is open to any and all ladies who have more than a "few" pounds to lose. We all know that if it's more than a "few" that it's gonna take sometime to get rid of it. And when you're in a certain place in your life for a while it's great to have some friends around that know exactly how you feel and know exactly what you're going through. Having support via family and friends is great and certainly a welcomed thought, but sometimes they just don't get it. We'll help encourage you through the down times, discourage you when the dieting alter ego wants to take over and then encourage you some more! Just jump in and make yourself at home. Let's try to live, love and laugh our "weigh" through this!
Old 04-02-2007, 11:29 AM   #2  
Working on 'Project Me'

Hey ladies, welcome to the new thread of the month! Hope you had a great weekend. I could have improved upon mine in a number of different ways. Food choices being number one!! This is another month to try and make waves in the pool. I wish us all plenty of success in April!!
Old 04-02-2007, 11:41 AM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi TINA . . . Another fresh new start . . . one of the good things in life . . . . . . I'll get March closed. See you all later . . .
Old 04-03-2007, 06:23 AM   #4  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Good morning Girls!

Love the idea of a fresh start! You know like the downy scent "April Fresh"... Anyway just wanted to pop in and say that I have been doing pretty well. Making good food choices at least and definitely less quantity. Still haven't gotten back to the exercise and that is definitely my next goal! I am so busy with work, kids, church and household stuff that Mommy is playing way below second fiddle! Time to make me a priority for a little bit! Well gotta run lots to do. I pray everyone has a wonderful day and that this new month brings new committment and passion for making us as healthy as we can be!
Old 04-03-2007, 07:27 AM   #5  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!!!

Finally the scales moved down to 207 so now I get to change my ticker!!!

I still don't see it and it seems as if my pants are fitting tighter because they were fitting looser around 212. I don't know but I not going to stop.

Hope you ladies have a wonderful Tuesday!!!
Old 04-03-2007, 09:23 AM   #6  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hey, everybody! Weigh in is this evening. Just finishing up TOM, and remarkably (not in a good way) am not expecting a loss. My scales are not showing one, anyway. That usually means theirs won't either. New week, new month, new start, though, right?!? I've not really been trying excessively hard though. I feel fairly motivated...dunno what's wrong with me. Guess I've been comfy to coast for a while?? I am ready to see new numbers, though.....and looser clothes....and feel even better. Hey, the compliments from those I haven't seen in a while aren't bad either! lololol

I really want to start planning my meals. I've done it before and it helps me tremendously. I have the time to do it usually. Guess I just need to find the discipline.

Jana, congrats on the new loss! Odd that you pants would actually be tighter. Not laundry related, huh?? I can certainly tell the difference between washing in cold and hot water and the dryer vs. hanging to dry.

Well everyone, today's daughter's 2nd birthday. Had a party Saturday, but am planning to take her to do something special. So I'm off! Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Diana
Old 04-03-2007, 09:44 AM   #7  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Same old, same old around here today. Weather is a tiny bit warmer (and a big bit duller) than yesterday. We have both snow and freezing rain in the forecast for the next few days, I NEED SPRING !

Must get myself moving . . . need to get a few groceries . . . I eat so many salads and fresh veggies, I seem to be shopping almost every other day. Frozen is okay in a pinch but fresh just taste better.

BTW, I read something recently that says freezing veggies destroys the fibre content . . . wow . . . Anybody ever heard that? The frozen food companies (and all other pre-packagers for that matter) are always telling us how their products retain all the necessary vitamins and minerals and other good stuff, but do you notice that they never mention anything about what may not be retained?

Sorry for the tangential rant . . . hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. See you soon . . .
Old 04-03-2007, 10:19 AM   #8  
Diana

Well daughter is still sleeping, so I came back and added a "before" picture to my profile. Amazing to me when I look at an old picture how different I look....I feel like I still look like that old me sometimes.... That's 40 lbs gone! YIPPEE!!
Old 04-03-2007, 10:24 AM   #9  
Onward and Downward

Yippee . . . Diana . . . a world of difference, chickie . . .
Old 04-03-2007, 11:04 AM   #10  
Working on 'Project Me'

Good morning ladies! You know what sucks?....the weather!! Woke up to a -18!! What happened to our spring? I'm quite tired of the cold, we had snow on the ground since October! Would some of you southerners start blowing some warm air up here! Heaven knows I'm about to lose it!

Erin, good for you for getting a hold of healthy eating and proper portions. I'm sure you'll get that exercise under way too. And when you get that bug, would you mind sharing a little with me! I'm being really terrible, I have it in my head that I'm waiting for spring and the snow to melt to be able to get outside to walk. Nevermind the two pieces of equipment I own...excuses..excuses!

Jana, congrats girl. You are getting closer and closer to ONEderland. I bet you can smell and taste it by now! Woo hOO!

Diana, you and me both. I'm so ready to meet some new numbers and better fitting clothes. I love the way you said, "need to find the discipline". Girl, that rang so true through my ears! Thanks for that! Your before and during pic comparison is amazing. What a great transformation....keep it going!

Linda, I hear ya girl. Hey, you wanna take a trip to the south together?! That's an interesting tid-bit of info. Considering when you hear that frozen is sometimes is as good if not better than buying from the fresh produce.

Have a great day girls!
Old 04-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #11  

Hi Ladies...Sorry to be MIA again, but I have had a lot on my plate to deal with the last couple of weeks and I was STRESSED to the max. Two weeks ago, we had the FD removed from our home. After 19 months, I finally reached my breaking point and told them to get her out of here. It was effecting my health not only by having pain between my shoulder blades and halfway down my right arm, but trying to stay on program. I always go back to what comforts me when I'm stressed, and that's FOOD. I no longer have the pain as of two days ago, but my left eye is driving me NUTS with the twitching. Hopefully as my stress level goes away, this too will be gone. On top of this, my DH is in the hospital with a bowel abstruction, but he is doing much better today and it looks like he will not need surgery. I'm also having to deal with winter coming back. All of the snow was gone and the grass was greening up, then I wake up to 2'" of the white stuff, -10 with the wind chill and 2' drifts in our yard to deal with and no Hubby to clear the yard. I'm blessed to have nice neighbors that help when you need them.
It's a new month and I'm going to work real hard to get back on track and stay there.

Cheryl
Old 04-04-2007, 09:09 AM   #12  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Well the scales were down to 205 last night and up to 206 this morning!!! Weird once again! All of this is really blowing my mind! But I have lost another inch and I get to change my ticker again.

I know my three weeks of "falling off" has kind of helped me, since I had hit a plateau. Now that I'm back on track, I'm seeing major results.

My pants are still not fitting the way I want them to. I can kinda see some results in the mirror and of course the scale is showing it but now I want my pants to be loose so I can go shopping for more b/c the one's I have don't fit!!! (well I want that to be my excuse for shopping when I really don't need to be)

I guess it's just as Prince says, "she's never satisfied."

I hope you ladies have a GREAT hump day!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 10:18 AM   #13  
Diana

WEIGH IN WAS LAST NIGHT! I was expecting NO LOSS and maybe a slight GAIN! I LOST 1.4 lbs!!! I'm beside myself! I wanted to hug the lady that weighed me! lolol I've lost 21.8 so I'm changing ticker to say 22 lbs lost....surely I can get rid of two tenths this week, huh? I cannot believe I lost for so many reasons.....I told hubby that it may all be due to TOM, but I don't care as long as it doesn't come back. A loss is a loss as long as it doesn't come back, right? Do you guys KNOW how long it has been since I weighed 218.8????? Less than 19 lbs to go to onederland, girls! I cannot believe it myself! If I must die trying, I'm at it til I reach the 100's!! I can do this in a matter of just a few months, I think! If I really try at it. I'm calling the gym today....I wanna start working out. I've got major flab developing here. lol Hubby's even started to really notice...he commented about it last night. Anybody know if it's true what they say about working out? Does it really make you gain weight initially?

Well, I'm going to make that call (gym).....just as soon as I changed ticker!

Diana
Old 04-04-2007, 10:18 AM   #14  
Onward and Downward

Arrrrgh . . . Not having a good day . . . at all . . .

Enough said . . . see you later . . .
Old 04-04-2007, 11:02 AM   #15  
Working on 'Project Me'

Cheryl, wow...I'd say you've been under some stress. I'm glad the light at the end of the tunnel is now coming into view. I hope all is well with your hubby and sorry to hear that things didn't work out with your FD. Now that you have some things cleared you'll be back at it full swing! Hang in there girl, you can do this!

Jana, it's nice to hear things are going so well with the weight loss. It is really quite motivating. You'll be getting to ONEderland soon enough!

Diana, aren't surprises great!? I can feel the energy radiating off of your post. You are so motivated now, keep it up! Good for you girl! I'm proud of you!

Linda, dare I ask?? Sorry to hear about your tough day. Hope things look up for you soon.

Well, not much news with me. Getting ready for the weekend. My whole family will be here friday, for a Good Friday Dinner. Then we will all be going to my moms for the weekend. What are your plans for Easter?

Have a great day!
Closed Thread