Old 04-02-2007, 05:04 PM   #1  

Cool Fat Calves

actually, the thread name was inspired by something Kiwi wrote awhile back, about boot zippers... and I nodded my head in total understanding! I have some Beautiful boots! One pair I must wear with a very long dress or under pants..as I can't zip them past my FAT CALVES. sigh......

Last edited by Schatzi; 04-02-2007 at 05:06 PM. Reason: because i wanted to
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I can sympathize but they are getting better so I can buy a little higher boot now.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 146/138/125

Height: 5'5

I have fat calves too!!
It makes me so mad!
Ash15+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:38 PM   #4  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Fat calves!!!!! Before I read the post, I thought we were age regressing or sumpin'. This ole gal hasn't been referred to as a "calf" for a looooong time!!! (Actually, never, if you want the truth).

Oh, Kiwi. You were a preppie????? Good lawd!!!! That's one sign you didn't go to UMass Amherst for sure!!!! (Oh, okay, and a sign you're younger, too.... )

Yeppers, isn't Mechanics Hall gorgeous????? WE DID IT!!!!

mic?

Shatzi, I like the Tarot better than palm reading, but it's just cuz' they're pretty.

TTFN,
Ella
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:05 PM   #5  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

here is a picture of my cathedral----mik is slang for catholic---irish too i think peach----today there was a guy on the radio who was talking about his book----the no ******* rule-----he was talking about working with the kind of people peach puts up with ---here is a review
http://www.hachettebookgroupusa.com/...al_praise.html

kiwi---i missed the email you sent me about dd's performance--can you resend---i want to hear her!!!!! i think i deleted it by mistake----i am stunned---------------------------------
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cathedral (Small).jpg (17.3 KB, 11 views)
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:02 PM   #6  
loves kleenex box art

Elly, if you post ONE MORE TIME about age or generation, I will appear at your door with a spray bottle of blue tempura paint.

I was looking for that book, Bagz. A coworker told me about the My Boss Is An ******* book but there is no such book. Thanks! I will go read it now.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:10 PM   #7  
loves kleenex box art

Ohhhh I forgot to say that today... the 19th anniversary of the birth of the world's most perfect baby (that year), I received a birthday card from G G G G ermanyyyyyyyMy own darling Sweetie Pie sent it before she went to Denmark to have fun in the hot tub with Mr Sweetie Pie.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:19 PM   #8  

ignore her Ellabella.. if not for the message, for the hideous green and font. seriously Peachela, if yer gonna rant choose a DARK color and bold font...
Old 04-02-2007, 09:22 PM   #9  
loves kleenex box art

Taking sides, Shots? Fight your own battles, Sweetie, and believe I really really am tired of this age obsession talk.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:23 PM   #10  

Ps. Tempura paint ? Oh yes, the cave people of france preferred blend.

Ohhh I know, I tread sooo close to the edge... I'll stop now

Peachie I love you to pieces! Bunny hugs and Chicken kisses
Old 04-03-2007, 06:08 AM   #11  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Mea culpa, mea culpa. My apologies. Not so much for my own sake, but I can't have Shatzi suffering for my sins.

I have to wonder, though, about this obsession of yours, Cowp m'dear, against any mention of age......it's not such a bad thing, you know. Some of us don't mind a bit. Really. It's just not all that sensitive a subject. BUT, if it bothers you THAT much, I will most certainly make every effort to pretend to be ageless. If, however, I forget on occasion, and if you SHOULD show up at my door armed with spray - or any other form of - paint, you will indeed be most welcome. DH will undoubtedly invite you into his studio, provide you with an easel, and tell you to throw that paint wherever you like. (His walls are lined with drop cloths for just such inspirational moments). I will be happy to have a snack waiting for when you finish up......ohhhhhh, and I'll wear a bag over my head and gloves so that my age is completely disguised.

I DO try my best to be accomodating.

Kiwi, I'm so sorry that you're still having so much pain. I wish I knew of something to help. All I can do is send "good vibes" and warm thoughts. (Note: "good vibes" comment NOT related to any particular generation or age).

Shatzi. A new vacuum cleaner! A true milestone! It's always refreshing to get a new one of those, you know? Especially when the old (oops!!!! ) one is done up in duct tape and trailing broken parts. (We all have 'em, and we all think about needing to replace them long before we ever do).

Off for another day filled with stimulating, fun-filled work. Not.

TTFN,
Ella
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:21 AM   #12  
loves kleenex box art

Raise your hand if you have to have the last word.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:21 PM   #13  

Bagzzzzz, the MIK cathedral is just beautiful! It must be such a lovely place to worship. I'm lucky to live fairly close to Duke Chapel... the same gothic architecture as yours.. The masses there are very inspiring. I get to watch them on their website. http://www.chapel.duke.edu/home/

not a complete heathen I especially like to listen to the Choral Vespers.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:51 PM   #14  

Re: the last word ---- DD always has to end every disagreement with "I'm just saying...." DS and I were laughing about how it's her code for "I've got to have the last word". Her BF is a patient guy......

Watch it Ella and Schatz......... she's serious about the age thing----- those old folks get kinda crabby

Speaking of old folks --- I've been spending waaay too much time at the old folks home w/ Gpa Jim. I asked him if he wanted to eat in the dining room and he said "I don't want to be around those old people." He's in denial. I really think most of the people there are on the young side of 94, Jimbo.......... and here's the latest news---- since he doesn't want to live in an assisted living apartment, and he can't stay by himself in the mobile home anymore, he's going to go live with his daughter in Arizona. Do I feel guilty? yes. Do I feel relieved? **** yes. Do I expect him to call in a couple months wanting to come back to Oregon? Yup. His Dr. told me he's going to pull his driver's license. I don't want to be the one to deliver that news. At 94, and with a cataract in one eye, and pretty much deaf, he shouldn't be driving, but don't tell him that.

And for the reallllyyyy big news ---- I got to see my Kaydy girl last weekend!!!!! She remembered her grandma! She's walking and jabbering away in her own baby language. So beautiful you can't believe it.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:30 PM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh honey, I'm sooo glad!!!!!!!! You must be on !!! Do you have any pictures?
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote