Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 04:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/193/135

Height: 5'7

Default Meta-Slim by webber naturals

hey Guys
I am beginning meta slim tomorrow ... my sister started a month ago and lost a dress size and my dad lost (and kept off 45lbs)... ive tried it before but i got discouraged after a few weeks... has anyone used it? what did you think?

cheers
Old 04-02-2007, 09:59 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm not sure if you are using the Weight Loss pill, the Intestinal pill or both.

We'll start easy. The intestinal pill is a laxative.

The weight loss pill has the following ingredients:

320 mg - Citrimax® (Hydroxycitirc acid) (rind) (Garcinia cambogia)

Here is a little blurb about Citrimax:
Garcinia (HCA)
Garcinia, or Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA), is commonly sold as a weight loss supplement. It is available alone, but is usually sold in a combination pill that includes other supplements such as ephedra or chromium. It is often sold as CitriMax or CitraLean. It is claimed to reduce appetite, burn fat, or prevent the formation of fat.

Studies on animals suggested that HCA might affect the way the body burns carbohydrates and stores fat. However, no studies have shown similar effects on humans. An extensive study by JAMA concluded: Garcinia cambogia failed to produce significant weight loss and fat mass loss beyond that observed with placebo.

Is HCA safe? According to Berkeley Wellness: no one knows if HCA has any long-term adverse effects; some animal research found that it's toxic. It may be combined with other diet compounds, and the safety of such products witch's brews of herbs and chemicals is certainly questionable. The PDR for Nutritional Supplements states that pregnant or nursing mothers, and those with dementia syndromes such as Alzheimer's disease should avoid HCA. They also state that those with diabetes should be cautious with it.

Conclusion:
There is no evidence to show that HCA is beneficial for weight loss, and it can be harmful in some cases. It is better to wait and see what future research shows before taking it.

168 mg - Yerba Mate Extract (Leaf) (Ilex paraguariensis)

Yerba Mate is a source of caffeine. Caffeine has shown to elevate your heart rate as well as give a minor boost to your metabolism for a short period of time. You would probably burn more calories walking to the bathroom due to the laxative pill.

142.5 mg - Guarana Powder (Seed) (Paullinia cupana)

A similar effect to caffeine.

54 mg - Damiana Powder (leaf) (Turmera diffusa)

Now this one is interesting, it is supposed to be a natural aphrodisiac. I'm guessing it helps you feel "good". I didn't have a chance to look too much into it, I suggest you do so. Natural aphrodisiacs have been found to be a little dangerous at times.

66.7 mcg - Chromium Polynicotinate

From what I can tell, this is a safe dosage of Chromium Polynicotinate but there are warnings on overdosing on it so if you take over 200 mg, it could be dangerous.
Closed Thread