Old 04-01-2007, 06:31 AM   #1  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Smile April NSV'S

Happy April everyone!!!! We did an absolutely AWESOME job in March, filled up 19 pages worth. Go us!!! Here's to hoping we top that in April.

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. It is definitely one of my favorite threads, incredibly inspiring and no, it is NOT the time to be humble!!!! So let's start filling er' up.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Tried on my size 10 jeans and they fit perfectly! Finally!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:31 PM   #3  
For a fit, healthy me!

S/C/G: s3x/s2x/healthy and fit

Height: 5 feet even

Exclamation That is great Sheila! Look how close you are to...

100lbs lost!

I have had a great weekend of control and healthy choices so I thought I would toot my own horn a bit. First, Kallan and Melissa had their play on Friday. I was racing around trying to get everyone out of the house on time. I had made a lasagna earlier in the week so I had a quick meal ready for them. For myself I tossed some left over salmon and veggies in the oven. It cooked while I did other things and was just as quick as fast food but so much healthier and filling. I wasn't even tempted by the pizza, cake and junk at the cast party. Next, I had promised the kids that if they went all week without me having to nag or yell in the morning getting ready for school I would take them for ice cream on Saturday. I try not to use food as a reward but I was desperate for something that would help our chaotic mornings! Before we went I packed a thermos with LF plain yogurt, berries and a few almonds. So I had a healthy snack out with my family and still stayed on plan. Finally, we went out to dinner last night for my Dad's birthday. I asked for salmon grilled with lemon and steamed veggies. It was delicious and on plan. Interestingly, my mom is doing LA weight loss and has been complaining about her scale not moving much. She ordered what I did and then snagged a minnie burger loaded with mayo and some french fries from my nephew's plate. So she ate her dinner and some of his. She kept trying to get me to have a bite, but I had no desire. I didn't judge her on her choices it just underscored to me that it is not enough to order healthy if you want to see progress you also have to eat healthy! So I am feeling good about my weekend on plan and it only makes each day easier.

Kathy
Casey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:21 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I have one. I have a pair of jeans from Old Navy. I wore them on my honeymoon but after washing and drying them, they didn't fit anymore (they were a bit snug when I wore them anyway). I put them on this morning and was able to button and zip them. They are still a bit snug but it shows progress
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Great job on the jeans, ladies! What a good feeling, when jeans stop being so snug!! I'm still trying to get into a pair of 14s I bought a while ago. They fit, but they're not quite where I want them to be. In the meantime, my 16s are way too baggy.

As for my NSV -- it was yesterday, and you guys already know what it is. I ran a 10k!!! I still can't believe it, honestly. I ran the whole thing without walking a step, and I finished in 1:12, which is much better than I thought I would do. I ran a 10k!!! Haha, sorry, I still can't get over it. Oh yeah, and I signed up to run a half marathon in September. I'm insane!

I know this isn't an NSV, but I have to share how well my husband did at the race. He ran it in 39:01 and he placed ninth in his age group. He placed 114th overall, and 100th in his gender. Keep in mind -- there were nearly 30,000 people running this race!! I'm so proud of my speedy husband.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:39 PM   #6  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Great NSVs ladies!
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:02 PM   #7  
For a fit, healthy me!

S/C/G: s3x/s2x/healthy and fit

Height: 5 feet even

Default Great NSV to all....

One of my short term goals is to feel comfortable in jeans in time for a GS camping trip with my girls in May. I am not even going to shop for them until then. You make me excited to get there!

LisaMarie: That is just a terrific job! You sound absolutely thrilled with yourself and that is such a great way to be. That speedy hubby better be ready because soon you will be nipping at his heels!
Casey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:00 PM   #8  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila53 View Post
Tried on my size 10 jeans and they fit perfectly! Finally!
Sheila, you just gave me the boost I needed! I'm about 7-8 pounds heavier than you, and I have a pair of size 10 Old Navy shorts that I want to wear SO BAD. I can get them on, buttoned, zipped, yadda, yadda, yadda, but they're just a bit too snug yet to wear. This is it, I'm gonna get that next 1o pounds off and wear those dang shorts!!!!

My NSV for today is that while we were in church this morning DH and DD kept whispering about Taco Bell. Well, when we left church they both pounced right away about going there...it's right across the street from our church. I caved in about going, but since I was driving I pulled across the street and dropped them off, then ran about 1/2 mile down the street to Subway, grabbed some lunch for me, and brought it back to Taco Bell so we could eat together. Their stuff looked good (not great, though), but DH said to me that it wasn't very good, and they should have just gotten Subway! Score one for me!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

My NSV for the day...I went shopping for some new spring clothes (since all my old clothes are hanging off me these days) and saw a blouse that I really liked, but the largest size they had was a 10. Well, I figured, what the heck, I'll try it on...and lo and behold, it actually almost fit! It's a bit tight still, but in a few weeks, should fit fine. Of course, I bought it immediately.
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:36 PM   #10  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

SOOOO happy to read about all those clothes that are fitting so nicely ladies!!! GREAT WORK!!!

My NSV comes in comparing a picture of myself at my oldest son's track meet in 2001 (toward the beginning of my weight loss journey) and a picture my youngest son took of me yesterday at HIS track meet. In both pictures I have a similar style coat on -you know, one of those MOM coats with pockets for everything! One coat is size 3X, and my NEW Coat is a Misses LARGE. Even my previously famous THUNDER THIGHS look small in my size 16 jeans. My other jeans were size 26.

It made me feel good that even though this weight loss thing seems to be taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R, I can really see a huge difference in the pictures of myself.

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:42 PM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Great going everyone!!!! Lots of great jeans stories and clothing in general. Gosh, this is just great. LisaMarie, I am astouned by you. I can't imagine how proud of yourself you must be. WAY TO GO!!!!!

My 19 year old daughter is home from college. She just went shopping with friends and bought a really nice shirt. Size medium. She's about 135 lbs, 5 foot one. Well, she tells me "Ma, try it on". So I did and it fit. I'm wearing the same size as my 135 lb 19 year old daughter. Granted it's a bit looser on her, but not much and that is definitely the size I would need. She told me I can borrow it any time I'd like. This is really mind-boggling to me. When I was a teenager and a young adult, my mother, sister and I used to share clothing all the time. I had a very young, hip mother. This just brings back so many memories. It's something I've always dreamed about. My other 2 daughters are both thinner then my oldest and I won't be sharing clothing with them anytime soon. Maybe my middle one, but not my youngest, she's 15 and 99 lbs. But I'm still pretty excited.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Robin, a MEDIUM! Wow! Think back to last summer -- would you have imagined you could wear a medium before a year was up? Amazing!!

That reminds me of my own sizing NSV. I'm so used to always getting the biggest size available and HOPING it will fit, and it's hard to wrap my brain around the fact that I don't have to do that anymore. With races, you always get t-shirts. I got one for training, I got one for running, and I got one just for signing up for the half marathon. When I picked up the two t-shirts the other night, I realized I'd put down 2X on the signup sheet. I took one look at that shirt and knew it would swallow me. The girl giving out shirts stepped down to the XL and then looked at me and said..."Nope, let's take a look at the large." I ended up taking that home, and it's actually a bit loose (they're made pretty big, it seems). The half marathon shirt is not as big on me, but it's a large and it's definitely comfortable. My skinny husband and I both got shirts for signing up, and I got the same size as him for the first time ever!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:52 PM   #13  
someday, we all hope!

S/C/G: 253/185/145

Height: 5'7"

Wow, everybody! The 1- and 2-sizes smaller clothes, the 10 km run, the great food choices, sometimes beside others' not so great choices - what's this forum coming to? I guess we're all BIG TIME losers!!!

The other day, my hubby and I met another couple for coffee. I had an herbal tea, as bare coffee was not too appealing. Our friends hadn't seen us in a while, although we've played telephone tag and spotty email. Anyway, Sharon noticed right away that I'd lost some weight, even pegged the amount - and I thought I'd hidden it pretty well in baggy clothes! Then my husband remarked about how much better I was moving, holding myself well, and showing better stamina!
becoming wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:07 PM   #14  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Great NSV's ladies!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Great job everyone. So exciting to have so many NSV this early in the month.

I have two:
First I hit onederland (ok it's really a scale victory but still proud!)

Second, I have a black, linen, tunic style shirt that I bought in the summer of 2003 when I was in England. It has fit me at the time, as time went on it got a little tight, I haven't worn it in awhile and wore it the other day. I thought it was a little big when I put it on. Then I went out with my sister and said something how it was big on me. Her responce was, "no that is way to big on you. It doesn't fit." I love the shirt butsometimes its nice when things don't fit because they are too big. We ended up planning to go thrift shore shopping in a couple of weeks so I can get some clothing that fits me.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote