Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 10:52 AM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Weight Loss & Chit Chat #244

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. Post away ladies!
Old 03-31-2007, 11:47 AM   #2  
One day at a time

Happy Saturday, Ladies!

I think I will get caught up with the posts now. Went back and tried to read everything. I am sure I missed something or someone though, so sorry if I do.

KIM...as for your questions...I am lost as to how many post here now. We have so many new ladies I've lost count...but I think it is close to 17 or so My journey with weight loss has been very slow. But I am fine with that. For me I know if I take it off slow it will stay off. I too am doing WW's. I go to the meetings on Monday and WI every Monday morning. I go by my scales since I weigh first thing in the morning naked after I go potty and before I eat. With weighing in in the evening I've had two meals, lots of water and I am dressed and depending on what I have eaten and what I am wearing that flucutates 5-7 pounds. to you on your 57 pounds one! Wow, I am impressed and very happy for you! You've come a long way baby! Funny you mention Country Curtains! I have ordered from them before and love their curtains/drapes. I am ordering my valances & drapes for the kitchen, DR & LR from them as well. http://www.countrycurtains.com/shopp...ProductID=2288 these are the ones. Hope you have a stress free weekend and enjoy the movie with DH!

SUE...I am doing things a little different this time for some reason. I did get blinds ordered for the family room (still waiting for the one) and our bedroom. We get the sun in our room most of the day so needed something fast. Ordering the curtains above and waiting for the sheers to come in as well as curtains and shades for the boys rooms. Decided not to put blinds in the LR, kitchen & DR. We are up off the ground and no one can really see in the windows. Plus I wanted something a little more formal than blinds. Anyway...we too are looking for barstools. We had short ones in the other house but this counter is higher and since we have more space we want something with a back to it. It is hard to find what one wants isn't it? Hey...WTG on your walking and bike riding! You are doing GREAT!

MARTI...this house is bigger than the other one. I am lovin' it too! The kitchen is so much bigger it looks empty! I have everything out and still have counter space to put things on, lol. Vince counted the cabinets and drawers to see how many knobs we will need when we get ready to get some and it is going to cost a small fortune for them, lol! So how are you coming along with cleaning and packing? Waiting to hear about your house, details, we want details!

PINK JANE...the weather here has been about the same as what you guys are having. The sun was shining earlier and now it keeps going behind the clouds. Too much rain and blah weather for me! But then I have been inside most of the week so...What is the Deadliest Catch? Don't think I have heard of it. But I am a CSI fan...love that show!

JEN...so are you liking your new job? WTG on still not smoking! And hey, you may not have lost but the good news is you didn't gain either! That's always good news for me. Maintaining is just as hard as losing. Sorry to hear about your streak of bad luck. Sending good vibes for it all to turn into a good streak of luck! :

JODI...WTG on your walking and surpassing your upped goal! You are doing an awesome job! Keep up the good work! DH used to walk with me but he has been working so many hours I walk by myself or with DD. He said he would still walk but I feel bad because I know he is tired and wants to rest.

MINDEE...no particular breed of dog in mind. We just want something small for indoors. Love the Madde name and meaning, lol.

JULES...haven't tried any rescues for yorkies, or for anything yet. It will probably be a month or two before we look for anything. We have a yard to do first. Tell Ryan HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you guys have fun tomorrow!

HI MICHELLE...sorry to hear about your grandma. I know how hard it must be, her being so far away. I will say a prayer for her and for your family. Lots of hugs to you all

JANE...hope you guys enjoyed your time with Terry & Gina's girls.

HI to VANN, TINA, TAMMY, MARY KATE, KATHY and anyone I missed. Hoping all is well with you ladies.

Not much going on with me today. Still doing some unpacking. Have two boxes to finish off in the living room. It's just some papers and stuff that go in the coffee table drawers, my stuff, lol. Then going to hang some pictures in the hallway and do a load of laundry before doing a little on the office. Not much I can do in the family room right now since it is basically DD's bedroom. Just until Vince does her room though which should be a month or two. But I have or will have some kind of order to it. It is so big that the office is on one side, DD is on the other side and the family room furniture is in the middle, lol. Still plenty of room left. We just won't use it as the family room until DD is out of there. Anywho...

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 03-31-2007, 12:21 PM   #3  
One day at a time

Back again for a minute before signing off. I went and added an exercise ticker (copying Jodi & Sue, lol). I think I've had a long enough break. Even though I have been working on the unpacking it's not the same as exercising and walking so...back to walking Monday. I may even head to It Figures since I have until the middle of the month, I think. I HAVE to get back to exercising as I have been feeling crummy since not getting any the last two weeks. Add to that, no water and not eating right. Not good at all. So Monday is a new month and a new day for getting back on track for me!

Have a good weekend ladies!
Old 03-31-2007, 12:54 PM   #4  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Cristina- Are you tracking walking with the 15 miles? Is that your weekly goal? I want to get mine up there too, but with all the rain and bad weather I started at 10....sure hope to up it. I didn't know how to put walking and biking on, so just will track walking for now.

I did learn that 10,000 steps= 5 miles and you can add 1000 steps to your total for every 10 minutes biking. So I have been getting 6000 steps with my walking and biking most days...and that does not include the walking of a normal day/life. So, if I ever get my pedometer I think I will be able to get to 10,000 without too much more effort. *fingers crossed*
Of course with yardwork starting I will get more than enough I think!

Rainy day here again and I really don't have much to do. I cleaned the house yesterday...ended up even cleaning ceiling fans and all ceilings and corners. Mini Spring cleaning!

Back later....
Old 03-31-2007, 12:55 PM   #5  
I can dream, can't I?

Cristina- Okay..I did see that was your walking goal for the week...duh on me!
Old 03-31-2007, 01:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Goodmorning Jaded Women!

I'm relaxing this morning. I redecorated my guest bath yesterday. I replaced the cabinet that goes behind the toilet and got a new hamper and rug and towel holder! It was fun. I had this metal one that got rusty and it was grossing me out. So I replaced it with a warmer dark wooden one with glass doors. And I put attractive items behind the glass. It just feels so much better. My DD helped me. She's got a great eye for design. We went to Bed Bath and Beyond. I got the last one on the floor and saved an additional 30 percent! Yeah!

It's a beautiful day out today. The sun is shining and the birds chirping...I need to lay out by my pool today. (I NEED it..haha)

It's a day or 2 before TOM for me so I have just been cruizin along and not weighing in because I don't want to discourage. I'll try to sneak some exercise in and I allow myself to eat later and drink diet coke to curb the sugar cravings. If I lose some after its over fine...if I maintain during this fine too....then I'll kick it into gear again.

I'll do individuals later If I can! I just wanted to say HI!

Tina
Old 03-31-2007, 01:39 PM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

Thank you Cristina for starting a new thread. I went ahead and closed the other.

This is a flyby for me.....my house looks like some came and ransacked the place!! Must organize today. Will be going to the dump many times today.

Before I go.....I'm ditto on what Jane said about PMing me w/your address if you'd like to exchange cards. I'll exchange mine w/you when I receive yours.

Ok....off I go ladies!!
Old 03-31-2007, 06:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Marti- How do our houses get so messed up? I swear I stayed home on Thursday and cleaned and it looks horrible again. And I am not even a clean freak so it's not like I sit and critique it so it must really look bad- lol

Sue- Are you using a pedometer to keep track of your miles? The reason I ask is that I don't know how I could accuratly do miles that's why I chose minutes to do. And pedometers never seem to work very well for me. I either lean up against something and it resets or it falls off of my waist.

Cristina- I am right there with you. I haven't been drinking my water and I haven't been eating exactly right. I am going to turn over a new leaf with the new month. I had set goals when I first started losing again at the beginning of the yr where I just went ahead in my calendar and wrote goal weights. It looks like I wanted to be at 190 on April 9th so I need to get back on program. I think with the exercising, I am thinking it's ok to eat this or that cause I exercise now. If I would get in my head that if I eat AND exercise I would be a lot better off.

Hi to everyone else!
Old 03-31-2007, 10:47 PM   #9  
I can dream, can't I?

Jodi- No, I don't use a pedometer right now...need a new battery. We live on a circle that we know exactlly where a mile is...so I just go by that. So I am not really measuring anything all day except when I am out there. Surely I go a few more steps during the day than that....
I never liked my pedometer...maybe I need a good one.

Tina- The bath sounds nice. And so does the relaxing....

Marti- Hi and fly back when you have time.

See ya tomorrow
Old 04-01-2007, 12:18 AM   #10  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

nothing new on this end.....just a boring old weekend here. tommy has to work all weekend and then earlier tonight we went to my sister's house for my BIL's birthday party. we hung out there for a little bit, got some clothes for Marissa, and then stopped to pick up some milk on the way home. I did talk to my mom on the phone over there and she picked up some new clothes for Marissa as well as some diapers in size 1/2.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:06 AM   #11  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Hi Chicks, check out my signature:

Hi Chicks!

Just wanted to say Hi and show off my new signature, a co-worker made it for me in memory of my kitty. I had to get rid of my Glitter Signature though so it wouldn't go over the limit.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:37 AM   #12  

Height: 5'1"

Hello!
Just poppin in before I go to bed. I'm tired of going through stuff.....and by the looks of my house, it doesn't look like I've accomplished much.

I will save individual for another day. Too many to catch up on. So I will share a little bit about the house we're trying to get. (we pretty much know we got it.....just need the finalization of it all next week)

The house was built in '57 and hubby and I call it our "Brady Bunch" home. The yard it beautifully landscaped. The inside is dated, but easy work. Won't take long to make it "ours".
The location is great and the neighbors are nice. We're MUCH closer to both of our work and Jhanai. HUGE bonus there! Instead of half an hour commute to work every morning...it will take me 5mins.
Here are a few photos, The front of the house and the backyard.

I hope you can see the two smaller ones. Not sure why the difference in size??
The Front of the house photo was taken in the fall and is what I saw in a house hunting magazine. The backyard photos are what I took last week.

Anyway....keep your fingers crossed that everything is A-ok and that we get it finalized soon!!

I'm off to bed...it's late.

G'Night!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5'4"

Happy Sunday to you all!!

Well..I named him Niko only because my DS insisted:-) Vacation has been terrific....the only thing is I gained a pound..I really took a break from everything...work...weight loss..(not intentionally) I thought I was getting enough exercise to balance my food intake without counting calories or being acountable...WRONG move...

oh well..I will start over...

Jane--I thought he look just like a Zeke, but Griffin had already started calling him Niko...and Niko kinda has a nice ring to it..I hope the DGkid's are doing well!! Hope you are well too!!

Sue --I put way too much stock in the yard work...thought I was doing enought to couterbalance my food...LOL..it didn't happen!! So it was a great lesson...one of many lately!!

Mindee--Thanks for asking about Sunny--he is doing well..no effects of the food and he has fallen in love with Niko..his new little buddy!!

Christina--Your house sounds beautiful..I would love to see pictures..I know it is always so crazy getting settled, but the kitchen sounds wonderful..Is that your favorite part of the house?? LMK

Kim--Welcome and sorry I haven't seen you sooner..I was on vacation (technically)...sorta just working on me..this is a terrific group of women--I count calories and stay accountable..I didn't do it this week and I gained a pound..hefty lesson learned:-(

Tina--Amazing how changing your enviornment just a little can positively impact your mood..your bathroom sound beautiful!

Sassy--you will be in my prayers..by now you know how much I love ALL kitties..I am so sorry!!

Marti--Your house (soon) is beautiful..It feels like it is already yours..lets hope that is a good sign. And I am especially happy that is reduces your time on the road and to get to your DD!!!

Michelle--good seeing you..I will pray for your Grandpa!!

to you ALL!! Have a beautiful day and Hello to all that I missed!!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:59 AM   #14  
ugggg.....

Marti--the house is so cute and I love the gazebo in the back. My fingers are crossed with you--hope everything works out!! I miss a short commute, before we moved we could be to work in less than 15 minutes on local roads, now we have a good half hour and that is almost totally on Interstate 81 and 70. It makes me glad I work four 10 hour days with having an hour on the road each day.

Sassy--hugs to you. Our pets become family and it's hard whe we lose them.

Mindee--I did the candy bar in the diaper game at my niece's shower and I forgot how small those newborn dipaers are!! Here's the crib the guys ended up putting together http://www.cornercrib.com/shopping/index.html. They restored an old two bedroom older stone house--the plan is to go up with master bedroom and bath but the baby is coming before that can happen. The made the house livable after being empty for a few years and then began work on a stone cottage that has a huge fireplace. It's almost finished. The next step is the addition but until then it's pretty close quarters. They are hoping to have they addition done by the time the baby outgrows the crib and need his own room.

Sue--where we used to live I drove the car and marked off a mile on the road which was nice and flat, then very close to that mile was a wlking path that runs almost the whole length of Maryland with mile markers on it--where I got on the trail was one of them so it made it really easy to know exactly how far I was walking.

Cristina--we had such a good time--The Spy Museum was so cool. We hit a few brew pubs for DS to enjoy (without enjoying too much if you know what I mean) I forgot the effect he has on women, the boy is a natural born charmer--so much like my Dad it's scary!! We talked that we are going to have to do this kind of thing more often. We really do have fun together.

Jodi--I agree with having to get your goals in your head--A girl at my WW meetings that lost over 60 lbs and is a goal said that she something that hit home with me, she said that once she got it in her head that she would never be one of those peolpe who can eat anything, anytime without consequences she started doing better. She still has her indulgences, she just tracks them and has a small portion.

Tina--My TOM started, right before my DC trip--I was surprised I still registered a loss Friday, only 1/2 a pound, but I have been trying to be good with my water and eating and I went to the gym three times for about an hour each.

well I have to get started on my chores!! Hope everyon has a wonderful day!!
Old 04-01-2007, 09:03 AM   #15  
ugggg.....

Vann--sorry I missed you while writing my book!! Your kitty is so cute!!
Closed Thread