Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 09:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/Tracker/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Question regarding Boiled Ham

Good morning - I have scanned all that I can find here and am still confused about "boiled ham". Are we talking about a noncooked smoked ham that is boiled, fat skimmed, and eaten? Or can that method satisfy this type of meat? Or are we talking about some sort of prepared meat that is eluding me in the grocery store. Also are we allowed tomato sauce on the plan, I have not seen this information . Thanks for helping me here. I am in my fourth week of the beach and would like some diversity while on the plan.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:13 AM   #2  

Hi Michigangal! Welcome to the SBD Threads!

There is a stickie of SBD friendly products on the main South Beach forum.

Tomato Sauces are allowed: look for a brand that has no added sugar: the sugar in most tomato sauce products is naturally occuring sugars)
Ragu Light Tomato and Basil No Sugar Added is a good one. As is the Bella Vita brand ones.

"Boiled Ham" can refer to method of preparation or a common/generic name for sliced ham/cold cuts you get at the Deli section. I usually ask for no salt ham... less nitrates and salts. My husband loves "Ham steaks" You can get them usually bundled in threes. I just use a little water to warm them up as they are precooked. So it's a method of boiling.
Hope this helps............and good luck!
Closed Thread