Default 40 Days and 40 Nights Week 5 Chat - 03/26

Must not give up.... almost there!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:25 AM   #2  
one sexy science teacher

S/C/G: 231/194/130

Height: 5'5"

you tell it sister!

i'm doing good... got wicked happy with the walking this past weekend...
haeyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone! Just a quick check in

What day are we on now?
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone. I lost track of how many days I did of each of my challenges so far, so I took that part out of my sig. I just named what I'm doing for the challenge. I do know that I haven't slipped up on the fast food yet....which is what I'm using to credit my weight loss throughout this challenge. Amazing what small changes can do...I've lost 6 pounds since starting this challenge. And I'm pretty sure a lot of the weight I still had before this challenge started was from the fast food. I'm going to stay away from fast food for sure even after Lent. It's a bad, bad thing!

Hope everyone's doing good. Don't give up now....we're almost there!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:02 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

I dont wanna give up, but I feel like im not losing because of what I gave up so its kinda depressing in that sense
Old 03-26-2007, 09:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Haven't been able to post in while, but I'm still here. I've been joking about writing a book called "The Salad and French Fries Diet." It's kinda sad that those are often my only two choices at most restaurants, but it's sort of been working.

I haven't really been craving anything lately. Although, I was at a friend's house this past weekend where people were grilling food. Someone walked past me with a burger and it just smelled like heaven, but that passed after a minute.

sotypical, I'm glad you've hung on this long. Even if you're not losing weight, you're still doing something that is just as good for you. Losing weight doesn't necessarily have to be the only goal. You're almost there.

Good luck to everyone; hang in there!
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:37 PM   #7  
Just Do It!

Hey guys!!

I want y'all to know I'm still here and still haven't had cheese!! OMG I didn't think it was possible!! I feel like I've weaned myself off a cocaine addiction. lol

Sotypical, OMG hang in there. Its not just about losing weight as other members have said, its about doing something just as good for your body. Also, to hang on and be disciplined with yourself is AWESOME. After you've completed this, you'll set your sights on something else that is even more important and believe in your heart you can do it.
chimichanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:05 AM   #8  
Starting Fresh

I know its not about losing weight, but its still frustrating! And I want to finish it so I can say I did it. Although I realized last week that I have been chewing sugar free gum! lol opps
I am going to stick it out, only two weeks left! But I cant wait to have diet pop again! haha - I decided I am going to try and avoide the artifical sweenter, but I am still going to have some diet pop; I wasn't really drink much anyway.

How is everything else doing?
Old 03-27-2007, 03:19 PM   #9  

I'm having an excellent day! Today, I was actually looking foward to going to the gym for once. That was probably because I haven't been able to go since last Thursday. However, I was still somewhat active during the week and probably ate a bit less since I wasn't expending as many calories by working out. Well, whatever the reason, I am down to 124.5 pounds! ) I am almost back to where my ticker was (and still is) before I gained back 15 pounds.

Also, one of my coworkers, who is an extremely talented artist, has been commissioned to work on a sculpture of The Muses in the classical greek style. I'll be modeling for that (clothed, of course) since he mentioned my body type would be perfect. I'm not skinny, but more like the women in older paintings; not fat, but shapely. I'll start with the Muse of Astronomy on Thursday. I'm so excited; I'll get to be immortalized!
Old 03-28-2007, 04:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Still here, and still goin strong! We have, what, a week and a half left? Where is everyone? I hope those that aren't posting are still doing good. Even if you stopped for a while, jump back on the wagon and see if you can finish off the challenge!

I'm trying to figure out what to do about my pop addiction. I'm drinking it now, and still losing weight. But I feel like the time will come when the weight will stop coming off, and I'll HAVE to get myself off the pop. Especially if I want to maintain once I get to goal. I tried quitting for this challenge, but it didn't work. I'm thinking I'll join that 21-day challenge and have pop as one of my challenges. I swear pop is like crack for me or something. I just can't get off it!!

Have a great day, and remember to come post ladies!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:13 PM   #11  

I have done absolutely horrible for the past two weeks and have managed to hit "rock bottom" I think -- I'm going to "disappear" until I can get my act together. You guys have done great -- just accepting there are foods/items that are difficult and making that conscious effort to avoid them is great. I hope you can continue when the 40 days are up!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:14 PM   #12  

Quick update: I'm super busy today, but I did go downstairs to the gym just to weigh myself. I'm down to 123; just one pound away from what my ticker was before gaining back weight, and 3 pounds away from my goal!
Old 03-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #13  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Morning everyone! OMG we are almost there! What is it, eight days?! Come on Courtnie!

If TOM was a person, I would shot him in the freakin kneecap! WI Tuesday and I was up to 256! That's over 5 lbs in a week! But I think it was water weight cause I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 251.8.

I'm getting a kitten! I really wanted a puppy cause I'm a dog person but we aren't supposed to have animals in my apartment complex so I had to choose the one that would make the least noise. My friend Sarah is getting one from one of her co workers and he said I could have one too. We have to wait for them to stop bottle feeding though.

God I am about to die from boredom in my apartment. All my books have been read a thousand times, all movies have been watched over and over. My apartment is a small space so there isn't hardly any cleaning to be done. I need cable...seriously.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:26 PM   #14  

Nothing much new to report. I felt like changing my avatar though; the picture was taken last Christmas. I might change it back.

Hope all is well with everyone else.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Just checking in and still going strong . No real cravings this week but next week is TOm so I will probably be craving but we are almost done.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote