Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2002, 02:09 PM   #1  
A princess in the making!

Angry Week of Feb 18th!

Hello Everyone:
I know I am not posting but I am reading it all.

Vicki glad to hear all is good with the little one. I am so glad her surgery went well.

I am on WW still. Not really sure how much I weigh, but I am just working towards it going down!
Old 02-17-2002, 04:05 PM   #2  

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, because no one seems to be posting. We are having a lazy Sunday. Dh and I are surfing the web on our puters. Dk's have been playing video games, and are now getting ready to go out to play. It is nice to take a day once in a while just not to do anything!!!

Pryia- The important thing is that no matter what you weigh, you are working on being healthy!! Keep it up, and your weight will come down. Lurking is good, I never have the sense to do that, I have too big of a mouth, or in this case, a post. As you read, you get info, encouragement, and so on and so forth.
Old 02-17-2002, 06:54 PM   #3  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!
Just got back from taking the little heathen to the zoo...SHe is a wild cat now that she has good blood flow everywhere!!!!!We brought the wagon and after chasing her everywhere when she jumped out, I climbed in the wagon and DH pulled us everywhere!!!!!It was amusing to see a poor man pulling his wife and child through the zoo!!!!6weeks of keeping her quiet is killing me!!!!!

Doing good on the diet..this week I must excercise more...I am planning on healthclubbing tomorrow...Dh is staying home and I am considering being "sick" tomorrow!!!

Pryia--Good to see U!!!!Hope things are better!!!

lyssa--U R like me..I have to post after lurking a bit!~~~I talk soo much in real life that I have to post in cyber world!!!

WEll..have to go clean up 2 lbs of licorice and a box of cheese nips(fat free of course ) that is all over the kitchen floor with the silverware from the drawer...Hmmmmmm how did that happen since it is just me and a little sickly post op girl here????
Vicki
Old 02-18-2002, 07:01 AM   #4  

Default Good Morning!

Thought I would pop in and say hello before I head off to work.

Today I am feeling very good. Feel like I have finally washed away the pass and can now work on the future.

Today my goal is:
1. To journal
2. To stay within my point range.

I will let you know tomorrow morning how those went.

P
Old 02-18-2002, 09:40 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I'm feeling really good today!! I think I'm just feeling good about the exercise and diet...even though I haven't been totally OP, I feel a difference in the way I'm acting. Like at dinner at Mom's last night, it was like T-Day dinner...she made turkey, stuffing, mashies, veggies and rolls. I brought broccoli casserole. We all stuffed ourselves, but when I looked back at what I ate, I didn't even have any stuffing!! I was pretty sensable with everything. I wasn't OP, but better than usual.

P- Sooo glad to see you...please stick around?! I know you can reach you goal for today!!

RR- Wow, sounds like #2 is doing great! Was it same day, or overnight?? That's amazing!

Have a great day all!!
Old 02-18-2002, 10:16 AM   #6  

Hi all. Just wanted to check in real quick - I'll be out of touch for a few days.

Did not stay op over the weekend with the company here - we were so busy we had pizza hut Saturday night & then on Sunday dh made homemade egg rolls - quite delicious - & we all ate too much. But I'm glad to be starting a new day today.

Lyssa - I have to smile at your use of the phrase! Yeah on the 3 pound loss!

Bailey - I am not a milk drinker so I rarely get those in. I take calcium.

RR - so glad the little one's surgery went well!

Pryia - nice to see you popping in.

gotta run - Rabbit
Old 02-18-2002, 10:23 AM   #7  
Phat Chick

Hi guys, I'm still around, but just generally not having a great time of things. Loads of stuff going on, causing me headaches, my lack of weight loss being one of them. But I am seriously trying to remain focused and haven't thrown in the towel - yet.

Glad everyone is still doing okay - will post more later

Old 02-18-2002, 02:49 PM   #8  

Hi all, still working hard on everything. After taking a lazy Sunday morning we went out and moved all the junk we took out of the back yard last week to the street for heavy trash pick up which comes this week. That is a major improvement for us. In the past it would take us months to do that. This time we were on schedule. Now I am continuing to straighten up our act. It is just that we live in a tiny 3 bedroom/ 1 bathroom house with no extra rooms anywhere, and with 6 people living here, there is not enough room for our stuff. And I am a horrible pack rat. So far we are really sticking to our "diet". (It isn't really a diet, it is a change in life style) The biggest problem I am having is convincing dh that just because he found low-fat chips, that they won't help him much if he pigs out on them. They are 110 for thirteen chips, that is not a lot of chips.

P - Great goal setting!!! I know you can do it, and the important thing is that you keep trying!!!

LBH - Good going on the mind set change about what you eat. I am sure that you will get better and better at it!!!

Rabbit - Isn't it nice that we always come to a new day no matter how the old day went.

BPB - Things will get better sooner or later. And dh always says you haven't failed until you quit trying. So, good for you on your persistence. Don't dissappear, because it defintely helps to have a support group like the support that is around here. Remember that everyone around her cares for you and we are all wishing you the best.

RR - how goes the nursing today? My mom always says that kids are at their wildest when they are getting better after being sick!!!

Well, gotta run, I will be checking in again later. Dh has school tonight, so I will have time on my hands after dk's go to bed.
Old 02-18-2002, 02:54 PM   #9  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi - just have a couple of minutes to say hello to everyone. The past few days haven't been great for me, food wise but I'm dealing with it by trying to make each day better. It's strange but I've been really hungry lately. Well, strange for me anyway. Strange to be hungry and not just "snacky" so I always say if you're really hungry then you should eat, your body is telling you something. I think I've gained a pound or two but nothing too bad it's just I feel like I've been stuck in the 150's FOREVER. And I know that's not the worst place to be - better than the 170's I started at. I know that I've lost more than 20 lbs and that I'm not going to gain it back tomorrow, I just need a little motivation. No big deal.

I have recently discovered the George Foreman Grill, so much so that my husband thinks I've been paid to talk about it - which I haven't. I've only used it a few times but it seems great, mostly because it's sooo fast and cooks things that you might bake in the oven and makes them taste, almost fried. Anyway, love it.

BFB - so nice to hear from you and I hope you continue to pop in and say hi - and vent if you think that might help.

Rabbit - attitude is everything (or so I keep telling myself) and as I've said before a couple of bad days is nothing to worry about unless they turn into bad weeks or months!!

Lauren - so glad you're feeling so good and trying to get a grip on the "bulk eating". I always thought my husband and I ate fairly healthy (not too much fast food or eating out) and I think we did but the portions were out of control. Especially with things like pasta and rice and cutting this back and adding more veggies etc. has really helped. keep up the good work.

Pryia- good luck with your daily goals!

RR - so nice to hear how well your little one is doing.

Hi to everbody else!!

Elisa
Old 02-18-2002, 03:16 PM   #10  
LBH

Elisa- Don't even get me started on my GF grills!! Yes, plural!! I have the Champ size, which is like for 2 chicken breasts, then DH requested the indoor/outdoor one from his mom for my shower present!! Someone else gave us another Champ size, which we gave to a guy DH works with...who loves it!! We grill veggies, kabobs, chicken, burgers, steak, everything!! We gave his parents one for Christmas 2000. DH can't wait til summer to start grilling outside again!! Although now that we're in a house with a yard, he wants a gas grill...which is fine with me too.
Old 02-18-2002, 03:26 PM   #11  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Lauren - while we're on the subject, I'd love some ideas of what you cook on there or any specific recipes. Is there anything you've found that doesn't work well? I saw them on the commercial do frozen french fries which sound like a good idea?? I did chicken breasts (bone in, skin off) and they were quite good, can't wait to try some burgers!! I bought the XXLarge one - and it's just for the two of us! The others seemed so small. Veggies sound like a great idea - do you marinate them??
Old 02-18-2002, 03:40 PM   #12  
LBH

Yes, over the summer we marinated some squash and zucchini in balsamic vinegar and garlic and then grilled them...I think I either boiled them first to get them slightly soft, or sauteed them or something, then marinated and grilled. I made a grilled cheese not to long ago and it was actually good! I thought it would be smushed but it wasn't soo bad.

I do mostly chicken, almost always marinated. I found I have to flip whatever I put on mine...the top is actually hotter and makes it browner. You don't have to flip, but I do. DH does his famous turkey burgers on the outdoor one. He takes a pound of ground turkey, 1 large onion, a green pepper, and garlic powder and mixes it together. Then he wraps them separately in wax paper and puts them in the freezer overnight. Since there's no egg or breadcrumbs or anything in them, they'll fall apart unless they're frozen when you cook them! They turn out awesome!! Then we eat them on potato rolls with Jack Daniels Grilling Sauce.

I haven't tried french fries, I guess they'd be OK, but I'd just as soon put them in the oven for 10 minutes while the burgers are cooking. DH has done sweet italian sausage on the outdoor one, that was good.

I don't think I've tried anything that failed. Actually, I did do the Morning Star Farms sausage on them once and they were just OK...problem was they're not thick enough, so you have to flip them. I'd rather just nuke them til they're defrosted then throw them in the pan with the egg beaters.
Old 02-18-2002, 05:49 PM   #13  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!I went back to work to escape!!!Poor DH, he is tired of cleaning up after little missy.!!!!She is making up for the time she spent in the hospital hooked up to monitors and being stuck in bed...THank goodness we were there only 30 hrs!!!!!Back to school for her tomorrow!!!

Yea!!!!More GF Grillers!!!I do the kids fish sticks, and even fish in mine...I think it is used daily!!!SD#1 does grilled cheese in it...That was the best present I ever got for myself!!!!

Lyssa--I think alot of people fall for the "low fat" eat all U want thing..I knew someone who would eat a whole box of snackwells cuz they were fat free!!!!Everyone deserves a lazy day!!!

BFB--Hope You are feeling better today!!!Headaches are the pits!!!

WEll, off to do something constructive!!!
Vicki
Exc=55miles
Old 02-18-2002, 07:24 PM   #14  

Hi !

Pryia, I was sure glad to see you have posted. We have missed you! Lyssalou hit it on the head. I think coming here for the support is very important.

Lauren, Glad to hear you are feeling good. Excercise plays such a big part of how I am feeling. You would think it would be easier to keep ourselves on track with it. :-)

Rabbit, We will miss you, have a good time.

BPB, We have been wondering where you wandered off to. Keep checking in. We can help you feel better.

Lysslou, I really liked what you had to say about the support here. It is so motivating for me to come here and check in.

Elissa, I keep hearing great things about that grill. I think I might ask for one for my bd.

Vick, That is great that the little one is doing so well!

Well I am off to exercise. I need an energy boost.
Old 02-19-2002, 08:49 AM   #15  

Default HI All

Real quick check in. I am at work. I didnot get online last night.

But I did complete my goal for yesterday!! And even had pizza for dinner.

Today goal:
Walk to and from my WW meeting
Continue to journal
Stay within my point range

I will catch up with everyone tonight!

P
Closed Thread