Old 03-27-2007, 09:48 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Weekly Chat Mar27th-Apr1st/07

I guess we should start up a new week.

All is good here, my hand is getting better...very slowly tho.

Eating is still op as is the water and exercise.....Im not worried about this week, its next week Im worried about. I seem to follow a pattern........do really good for induction, then the 3rd week, I crash. So Im going to need alot of support then.

Well, I'll just worry about today for now........have a great day ladies.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:11 PM   #2  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Greetings from the Land of NON-Cyber-Space! Gosh its been miserable w/o my PC - and all of you - gonna weigh in tonight to see the absence-damage done and also try to read last weeks chat to catch up a bit. Lovin' new 'puter and also updgraded to high speed internet - got here in a FLASH!

CYA in the Wee Hours!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:10 PM   #3  
beachbum

Moving my post to the correct thread.

Good Morning Ladies

Happy to be back on line again,hope we don't have anymore crashers or bugs that we don't know about.

Its going to a busy week for me.This afternoon some other woman & I will be heading down to the senior center to straighten out the music sheet drawer. Half the songs folders, are either missing or miss filed. We need to find the Spring/Musicals songs for our program. Tomorrow we're having a emergency rehearsal for Holy Week,and than on Friday I go for a mammagram at 8:40 AM and than back to the Senior Center for another rehearsal for our Spring/Birthday Party. Its funny some times there is nothing to do,and other times its maddening.

Lily-Sorry that you lost your puppies. Hope they find the perosons how stole them. I know about vacations,they are the worst for gaining weight. I dread my Aug vacation to Nova Scotia.I know I 'll be gaining again. Going to try hard myself to get the 13 lbs I gained on the cruise off, I lost 8 now I only have 5 to go. Its doable as I've lost 2 in Jan, 3 in Feb, & 3 in March.

Wish I could start my gardening,but living in the north east I have to wait until the end of May,as we still get frost up here at that time of the year.

Have to go

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life

Hey Aud!! I was wondering what happened to you. Welcome back
Old 03-27-2007, 11:48 PM   #5  

Height: 5'2"

Just thought I'd say hello!

I've started Atkins again as of yesterday. This was the only diet that really worked for me with the exception of South Beach. My problem is I'm not in the mood to cut out A LOT of food, so I'm going to stick with the wonderful Atkins choices, lol.

I can see I'm going to have a problem with work, seeing as I work in a restaurant with yummy bread and a large salad bar, but I'm gong to try and eat before my shift!

Night!!

Getupandgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:57 AM   #6  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

Smile

Just jumping in....

Hey ladies!
Didnt get home from work until 800pm, usually i leave at 500 but had some issues with one of the areas i supervise and had to ship some orders out late....so i was starving by the time i got home and made a couple bad choices...
....but its over and today i have eggs boiled, sausages cooked and a big crockpot of beef and peppers that im gonna turn on when i walk out the door..this journey is about finding a way to LIVE not a way to be perfect, being perfect is way too much pressure...
everyone have a great day
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:46 AM   #7  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I had been upset yesterday that my scale was up, but it must have been water retention instead of cake retention as I had feared. I'm down 3 lbs. this morning and was out of bed to pee several times last night.

My garden is looking good. I have potatoes , green beans and peas planted. We have rain forecasted today so not sure how much I'll get done today. I am planning now to plant onions, bell peppers and tomatoes soon. The cantaloupe, watermelon and strawberries get planted later as do the okra, corn and squash. This gardening is a lot of fun and a WHOLE lot of work. I worked 5 1/2 hrs. on it yesterday. My hands and fingers are blistered. I quickly learned that I had to do everything sitting down. When I stand up to use the hoe or rake, I get light-headed when I bend over. I'm really proud though of my accomplishment as I'm doing it mainly by myself. Big bonus, I think I'm working off a lot of calories out there too.

Aud, glad to see you posting again. We missed you.

BB, that vacation sounds really nice. Wish we could get away more often. I really didn't do too bad with eating on my camping trip, it was more the fried fish and potatoes the night we got home and the B-day cake and pizza on Sunday that carried on through Monday that did my damage. I hate to admit it but when it comes to cake, I have no control. I'll eat til it's gone. Just a tiny piece at a time, but it added up to 1/2 a cake at least. I am good at resisting all other types of sweets but I love the spongy texture of cake. I even dreamed that I had just held up the whole cake in my hands and eaten every bite of it. What a nightmare, also dreamed I gained 10 lbs. from it.

BB, only my little runt puppy was taken. I still have Lucy and she is a little terror. Loves to chew anything she finds. Right now, one of my walking sneakers is missing and I don't know what she did with it. Found the other one but the shoelace is missing. I'm having to resort to some older shoes that I had here.

Robin, we're here for you for the support.

Getupandgo, Welcome to our Atkins group.

Jaesueray, Hi. You are right, losing weight doesn't mean being perfect, none of us are.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:46 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

Robin: You're doing awesome in the weight loss dept! Keep up the great work!

Aud: THERE ya are!

BB: I'm with you in wanting to get the gardening started. We're having cold snaps too often to even think about putting one in right now! Welcome back

Getup: Welcome! Boy, if you have a wonderful salad bar you should be set for that portion!

Jae: Welcome! Yup, if we try to be perfect we'll drive ourselves crazy. WTG on planning better choices!

Lily: Gardening is DEFINITELY work and you're DEFINITELY working calories out there! Glad you worked off the pounds you were worried about!

Well, so far I'm doing well. I had a headache on Monday so actually drank a soda. It took care of most of it, so that was a good thing. I'm working on the water part and I'll have to work on getting exercise in. Those 2 things are the hardest for me right now. Well, staying OP during the weekend is hard for me as well. Just wish I could see results on the scale so I wouldn't get discouraged. I just have to tell myself to stay off it for a while
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:47 AM   #9  
Lovin' Life

Getupandgo & Jaesueray to the gang.

I did good yesterday, got lots of extra walking in. Everything was 100%! When I had lost all the weight the first time, the one thing that kept the weight moving off was walking. I walked miles and miles and miles! Of course my marriage was falling apart and it was an escape out of the house....but it got the lbs off!! So this time, with a great marriage, and a treadmill in the living room, I should be able to do the same Out of all the exercises I have done...walking is the only one that consistently widdles away the fat on my lower belly,& upper butt (I call it my other butt)

Today I am doggie sitting...so I'll be taking greta out for her walk around noon. Depending on how well she listens will depend on how long we are out for

Have fun in your garden Lily, I cant really get into mine yet. Its sopping wet!! I may dig around in the front garden tho, I have some old plants I need to split. I have irises that have exploded over the last 3 yrs. In the back gardens I want to plant more berries. I have 2 blueberry bushes, but I think I'll plant strawberries and black currants this year.

Thats it for me, have a great day ladies!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:51 AM   #10  
Baby Steps

Robin: WTG on the walking! I can't wait for it to get warmer so I can walk. Then again, it sounds like an excuse doesn't it...as when it gets warmer I'll say it's TOO warm to walk Keep up the great work!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:54 AM   #11  
Lovin' Life

Yes it will be too warm to walk soon enough Dh was sitting on the couch when I was walking the other day, and I asked him to turn the fan on me. The look he gave me was priceless He was freezing and waiting for me to finish so he could turn the wood stove on
Old 03-28-2007, 10:03 AM   #12  
lilybelle

Robin, I saw raspberry and blackberry plants yesterday while shopping for my seeds. Do these plants take a yr. to bear fruit? (they were about 14 inches tall) I wasn't sure. I want to plant some. Sorry to hear of all the rain you are having. We've had some light showers but nothing else. It actually made the ground easier for me to work with.

Robin, all the walking has helped me more than anything. I did notice that right before starting Atkins , I lost 5 lbs. in one week just from working my flower beds.

Hi Brenda.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:09 AM   #13  
Lovin' Life

the raspberry and blackberry bushes will grow very tall!!! They also have some serious prickers on them!! As much as I love them I dont have the room for them. Some take a year to 3 yrs to bear fruit depending on how old they are when you buy them. My blueberry bushes were suppose to take 3 yrs, so I pruned like I was told, picked off all berries the 2nd yr like I was told....but wow, lots more grew after I picked off what I found. So this year I should have bunches and bunches!! Enough for a blueberry pie for my dh anyway!
Old 03-28-2007, 10:57 AM   #14  
lilybelle

Thanks Robin, I'm going to go ahead and plant a raspberry and blackberry plant. The sign said it takes a yr. for it to bear fruit but I didn't know if that meant the plant was already that old or not. LOL, I'm not too smart at this. I think I need to buy a Farmer's Almanac to help me out. When I started this veggie garden project, I thought "hey, that gives me less ground to mow". LOL, if I'd only known how much easier it was to mow than to build a garden. LOL.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:59 PM   #15  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I'm sorry I haven't been posting regularly,but with this new computer and all of its bugs,I've lost an number of posts or they wouldn't let me into the forum,saying that I had the wrong user name, along with the wrong password. Uggh!! Hope fully I won't lose this one.

After getting up late,Leo wanted me to go with him to Staples to return a security system that wasn't compatable to VISTA. They won't give us a refund last week,asking us to call the company and deal with them.Well the company e-mailed us telling us to go back to the store. Long story, short,Staples than gave us a refund$$$$ after reading the companys e-mail. What a run around.

Well I have a confession, last night at dinner I decided out of the blue to have a WW roll with my Italian sausages with peppers & onions and this morning I really UPon the scale.. Have to go back to Low Carbing. Yikes!! Why do I do this to myself,will I ever learn. Hope this mishap doesn't show up on W-I day.

Getuoandgo-Welcome to the Atkins board. I was on two diet that my doctor recommend. One was the beach,it helped a little with my high cholestrol, but my number dropped faster being on the Atkins[low carb] diet,and here I will, stay. Low carbing is going be be a way of life for me.

jaesueray-Welcome also.Your into a good start. I ussually have more protein for breaky as it keeps me full until the next meal without snacking inbetween meals.

Lily-Happy to here is wasn't all your doggys.I remember when we had our dog, the shoes were always missing.I don't have the craving for sweets :cookies: that much anymore.My craving are turning to salty more than sweets,but I have to watch the sodium intake.

Brenda-The scale: will show your progress.It did for me after staying the same for 3 weeks and than on the 4th the scale went down 2 lbs.I keep repeating the body needs a rest from losing,it will happen again. I know it can be discouraging. When you least expect it the scale will move downward.

Robin- I love walking but its impossible when you have cold windy weather day after day. Wish Spring would come up here. We stay cold until May and than if we're lucky if might warm up a little in April.

Have a great one

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 03-28-2007 at 02:06 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote