Old 03-26-2007, 11:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/233/137

Height: 5'6"

Default Most embarassing thing

The most embarrassing thing just happened to me, although noone saw so if I didn't post it here noone would know but we all need a good laugh sometimes...

I have just joined the gym and so I bought myself a new top, kinda somewhere between a bra and a crop top. I bought the biggest size the shop had but it was two sizes smaller than my actual size. I took it home and tried it on, it was difficult to get on but I thought that if it was quite tight it would do the job nicely when I was on the treadmill. The trouble was, when it came to take it off again I couldn't! So I spent ten minutes tugging it this way and that, desperately trying to get out of it but it would not budge. After a couple of minutes of effort the situation struck me as funny and I started to laugh and then I realised it was actually pathetic to be stuck in an extra large top so started to cry and which point I caught sight of myself in the mirror and made myself laugh again. The laughing and crying did not help at all with the efforts to get the top off and in the end, exhausted, I had to CUT IT OFF WITH SCISSORS!!! Yes, that is right, the only way I could get out of the damn thing was to cut the straps with scissors. So if anyone wants a new (only worn for 15 minutes) top with all the straps, including the back strap cut through, let me know and I'll send it to you in the post! I am overwhelmingly grateful that I did not try the top on in the store, I think I would have cut my arm off to remove it rather than having to admit to the assistant that I was stuck.
Lillibeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:53 AM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I think it's great that you can laugh at yourself. I have had those moments too when I was stuck in an article of clothing!

Yes, thank goodness you didn't try it on in the store!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I can relate to your story. i bought one of those bras, too, i could not get out of it either, I finally managed without scissors, but never tried again. There must be some secret we are not aware of as getting out of the darn thing.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:37 PM   #4  
Lori

my most embarrassing moment......well there are so many......but one
is that I was in a friends van......and was to fat to buckle the seatbelt......I'm was totally humilated! so I had to sit in the back seat so I didn't have to buckle up.
The next time I went in the same van .....the friend had to get a seatbelt extender......more humilation!
Wannabeskinnymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:42 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8

i can also relate to your story, i have had that happen to me a few times while trying on something in a dressing room. i tug and pull and pray for it to come off lol finally after i wiggle myself from right to left lol it comes off.
pinupdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 171/164/145

Height: 5'5"

This was my first time on this site and your post was so great I decided to join up! The last line about being grateful for not trying it on in the store nearly made me pee my pants!

I have actually had to leave the gym because my top was cutting off my airflow and circulation....the quest to find the top to prevent bouncing continues.

Best wishes to you!
Angella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:39 PM   #7  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

OMG!!! That was so funny. I'm here at work giggling in my cubicle! Thanks for sharing this one, Lillibeth.
I had a similar experience, too, and I really think you get more of a workout trying to get them off! I now prefer the ones with a zipper front!! ha!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing. I needed the laugh today!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:52 PM   #8  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

honest... I'm laughing with you. That was funny! I've been in this situation... and it's so frustrating!!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:26 PM   #9  

Thanks for the great laugh! I think many of us can identify on some level with what you went through with that darn top!
avsfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:31 PM   #10  
Future Skinny Teacher!!

S/C/G: 287/238/155

Height: 5'8.5"

That was funny! My husband works nights and I woke him up laughing so hard. Thanks!
Chunky Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:07 PM   #11  

Height: 5.6

WOW! You have a wonderful sense of humor, that was funny- I am not sure it would have dawned on me to cut it off - I would probably still have been in the darn thing.

I know what you mean about not trying clothes on in a store - I just recently broke down and tried something on about 3 weeks ago - it was linen pants - not the normal brand that I wear - but it was the same size that I am wearing - this brand runs about 2 sizes smaller - OMG I thought the seams were going to burst right there in the dressing room - they were stretching that much - I was trying to figure out how I was going to explain to my husband that I would be purchasing ripped pants that did not fit me...

Looking back - I can laugh at how carefully I was taking them off to keep from busting out of them - since then - I am back to trying clothes on at home - - - - I can return them if need be...
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:01 PM   #12  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

I always worred about going to space mountian, the seat belt would not fit...or a airline would charge me for 2 seats
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:07 PM   #13  
No description available.

I love the humor! Keep it and wrap it around you someday in the future. It will be a great visual for your achievements!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:17 PM   #14  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

oh my gosh that's funny. I am so glad you didn't have to experience that in the store. What a relief!

I have an embarrassing moment I meant to share a few weeks ago. I was at the gym, walking around doing my thing - between strengths and cardio, I did a lot of walking back and forth! So then over an hour later, I returned to the change room and examine myself in the full length mirror - and low and behold, there was a whole the size of a penny on my pants - bull's eye (smack centre horizontally and vertically) on my butt! I was wearing black pants and absolutely white underwear. I wonder how many people saw my little underwear expose - and what a location too, literally the bull's eye of my whole butt!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:29 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 288/288/135

Height: 5*5

Oh my goodness guys! Thanks for posting this it made me laugh...I think we have all been there!
Abbynormal is offline   Reply With Quote