Old 03-23-2007, 11:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/289/265.5 (10% Goal)

Height: 5'9"

Angry The weight on my Driver's License

I had to show ID for something this morning and as I was waiting I got to looking at my Driver's License and I realized something...I realized that my weight listed on my license is 170. 170 is over 100 pounds lighter than I currently weigh, but was what I weighed when I was 16 and fresh off of my first experience with Weight Watchers.

That got me started on thinking about all that has happened in the last 8 years that has lead me to weighing my highest weight ever in Jan 07. Why did I wait until I was pushing 300 pounds to actually do something about it? I'm so mad at myself that I let myself slip this far only to have more pounds to lose now. I guess I'm just having a self-pity day.

Why couldn't I be like my siblings who eat anything and everything and remain stick-thin?
compscinerdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:37 AM   #2  
Losin' it forever!

Hello, fellow Marylander!

You know, we probably all wonder at times why it took us so long to do something about our weight, but the wondering doesn't change the fact that we just didn't. Maybe we weren't ready, maybe there was too much emotional stuff going on in our lives and we just couldn't face one more thing...who knows. What matters is that you are here now!

I so wish I had done something sooner, but I can't dwell there because that won't change anything. What I have is today; to eat better, to exercise, to take care of me! Focus on that and you won't go wrong! Before long your weight will be what is on your driver's license or lower!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:41 AM   #3  
Starting Over...again

S/C/G: 210/210/190

You made me think about my license. I'm about 30 lbs over what it says. I often wonder myself what makes us this way. There are people (I know some) who eat all day long and anything they want and never gain a pound. WTH? Why not me...
L8again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:56 AM   #4  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

I am currently the same weight as it says on my driver´s license. Next week, I will be lighter than what it says on my license, and the next week even lighter still. I honestly can´t wait to get back and take a new picture sans the chins.

Keep yours, before you know it, you´ll be rushing off to the DMV!
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:59 AM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

It kinda sucks when we have to face the reality that we sat and did nothing about our weight for so long.

But you need to look at the positive. What are you doing about your situation right now, at this very moment. That's what matters. Don't waste your energy on regret. Focus on the now!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:02 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I agree - keep the license. I am currently 30 lbs less than my license reads, after being 95 lbs heavier. We started in very similar places...and you CAN do this. I know what its like to wonder "well, why didn't i deal with this sooner?" but there is no answer to that that will mean you don't have to deal with it NOW, so I don't know how productive it is to wonder it.

You are dealing with this now. Your metabolism is what it is, you are where you are, and all you can do is work to improve those things - so hopefully we'll see you around, doing just that!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/200/165

Height: 5' 2.5" (HW: 222)

Hi! Newbie from Chicago here. I'm feeling kinda unsure about joining in, but would like to be a part of things. I jumped in here, because I, too, have lied about my weight on my license/state ID. In fact, from the beginning, I never told the truth--and I got my first license 40 years ago! I wasn't even fat like I am now--yet still felt compelled to not tell the truth about it....Hmmm!

Anyway, I haven't exercised in way too long. I really don't believe in talking about it; it's too easy for me to talk a great game--and then not do it. So here I'll have to state * FOR THE RECORD! * that I WILL walk today, and get some movement and action in, rather than sit like a big ol' log! Thank you.

By the way--mandalinn82--Congratulations! on your terrific weight loss so far! I feel confident you will get to your target weight for your wedding day! Where does someone go on this website to get those great little sliding markers to keep track of goals?

Last edited by FatToFitVirgo; 03-23-2007 at 12:37 PM.
FatToFitVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:32 PM   #8  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

FatToFitVirgo - come over and join us in the "Exercise Accountability" thread and post each time you exercise. We're great at keeping people accountable!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/233/137

Height: 5'6"

Hi FatToFitVirgo, To get a slider click on someone elses and it will take you to the right place. You then paste the code you create into your signature (which you access via "User CP" on the left of the top toolbar) and it will appear when you post messages.

Good luck and
Lillibeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:32 PM   #10  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome FattoFitVirgo!!!!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:43 PM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Welcome compscindergirl. We're glad to have you here. I was in your shoes not too long ago. 287 lbs at a mere 5 foot tall. I also wondered how I let myself go. But I try not to think about it too often. What good would be the point? I got busy thinking about how I was going to change it. And change it I did and so can you. What happened in the past, is in the past. It's time to deal with the here and now. You start whittling away at those pounds and before you know it, you'll be the weight on your driver's license. This really is doable. Through proper eating and exercise. And so very worthwhile. Good luck to you. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Welcome to Fattofitvirgo as well. Glad to have you here. I feel exercise is really important to this whole weightloss process. Though it doesn't have to be anything major. I dance. It's fun and the time goes quickly. I walk as well. Walking is fantastic. Even 30 minutes a day, several times a week will make a HUGE difference. Good luck to you. Hope to get to know you better.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/289/265.5 (10% Goal)

Thanks for all your inspiring posts!

I find it very easy to focus on the negative when things get hard and wallow in my self-pity (probably why i got this large - all that emotional eating) but I truly am starting to feel better physically. Even though I've only lost 6 pounds, i've been working out since January and feel stronger, have more energy, and can go through the normal motions of the day without pain (except feeling sore from working out).

You all are an inspiration and thank you for making me feel so welcome.

Hi FatToFitVirgo! I'm a Virgo too :-)
compscinerdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

I can relate to your post - I haven't updated my driver's license in about 20 years, and of course, it's been horribly inaccurate for quite some time. But, I'm getting closer and in fact, my driver's license weight is my ultimate goal.
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:09 PM   #14  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Im glad that Tennessee doesnt require you to list weight on your license. I would lie anyway even if they did.
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:51 PM   #15  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

That's so weird. Here in MN we have to change our license more frequently. 16-18-21 and after that it is every 10 years. Though you can get a new one in between if you want or if you move and so on. I can't even imagine having the same ID as when I was 16. (I'm 23) I would definately look different. I was a lot thinner. Right now I am 50 lbs heavier than my ID. I put it at 190. I couldn't put the actual weight on there... soon I'll be there.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote