Old 03-21-2007, 07:55 PM   #1  
Kelli

S/C/G: 187/136.8/128

Height: 5'3

Default What do you think I am doing wrong?

Im a restarter, its been about 2 weeks and I dont have all that much to lose, but I would definitely like to lose 5 pounds. I dont think I will ever be 128, my lowest adult weight was 131 and I fought tooth and nail to get there.

When the weather is nice, I run maybe three days per week for about an hour, no weights at this time but have a very active lifestyle with 4 young kids, etc...I have very little downtime as I also do some part time computer work at home when the kids go to bed at night...so Im up till at least 12 every night. Then there are weeks like this one, where I havent run at all...I plan in the next few weeks to get back to at least 2hrs per week but my schedule has been nutty.

Now, I put myself back on Gold with Lites and my calories range from 1100-1350 per day, kind of zig-zagged each day so I keep it different. I had a CC of pizza Saturday night, that was my one bad (I feel guilty with CC's ) I rotate light and heavy proteins, mainly chicken, fish, egg whites, veggie burgers and low sodium roast beef 2 times per week...no peanut butter and not really red meat otherwise. Starches are usually consumed before my 2nd lite of the day and combine them with a dairy or protein each time. Fruits are typically berries, grapefruits,peaches, sometimes an apple or orange. I try and eat every 3hrs and drink all of my water and then some.

All this said, Im not really losing so much...in fact, last week I was down to 136.8 and today was back at 138. Im bummed, cos people who started at the same time as me, like Vic, have more consistent loss and I am wondering if its cos Ive already done the program, or its cos I am closer to goal (which I think is rubbish since Evette rocks the house PAST goal!) or if I am on the wrong plan. Can one of you LAWL goddesses give me your two cents??????
mamabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:06 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Kelli- It sounds like you are doing everything right, (not positive on the plan color, but I would think that you are right) so my guess is that you are just going to be a slow loser, as you are so close to goal. Be sure to take your measurements so that you can take a look at inches lost as well and pounds. I know how frustrating it is to work so hard to be on plan, and not lose. Try to keep in mind, however, that even if you do lose slow, you are doing great things for your body and your overall health by eating right. You are also setting a great example for your kids!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Also, because you are so close to your goal, remember that the losses at this time will be slow. You may want to PM Evette or ask for her input, but she is only losing about 1/2lb per week maybe right now. She'll go for 2 weeks without losing before her scale moves. It's important during this time that you don't get frustrated or quit. You just have to be patient and see it through.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:24 PM   #4  
Kelli

Wow, thanks you two..but I thought maybe Id get a better response from my question....oh well. Im still grateful you took the time to try
Old 03-22-2007, 09:34 PM   #5  
Jenn, mama to Micki

Can you play with the exchanges at all? Maybe your body needs a bit more protein? I could try to add an extra protein to your plan and see what your weight does for a week.

But wow... you've made great progress.
JennAPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:49 PM   #6  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Kelli- Have you tried upping your calories a bit? Women should stay above 1200 calories a day and men 1400 per day. If you go below 1200 too often you put your body in starvation mode, and you will stall out. Otherwise it sounds like you are doing all the right things. Even though you may not want to hear it, everybody is right, the smaller you get, the harder it is to come off.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:24 PM   #7  
Kelli

thanks Deb- im not quittin!
Old 03-24-2007, 05:31 PM   #8  
Carol

Hi Mamabanana,

I used to work for LAWL Center. The councelors their will never tell you this, but some of us councelors used to not eat the LA Lite Bars. The councelors would drop from not eating those.

Also, do you get your cardio excercise in. Don't forget your weights. If you can get a good 40 minutes - 4 times per week, that should really help.

That is my advice since I worked their and I know the little tricks that we used, but didn't share it with the clients. We had to push the products

Someone I need your help. I need to move the ticker on my tracker, but I do not know how. Please someone tell me how to move that thing.

Thanks
carols2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5' 3"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by carols2 View Post
Hi Mamabanana,

I used to work for LAWL Center. The councelors their will never tell you this, but some of us councelors used to not eat the LA Lite Bars. The councelors would drop from not eating those.

Also, do you get your cardio excercise in. Don't forget your weights. If you can get a good 40 minutes - 4 times per week, that should really help.

That is my advice since I worked their and I know the little tricks that we used, but didn't share it with the clients. We had to push the products

Someone I need your help. I need to move the ticker on my tracker, but I do not know how. Please someone tell me how to move that thing.

Thanks
I'm a newbie to LAWL - started the program on Tuesday. So far so good. I have a question regarding the plan colors. From reading on the forums here there seems to be several color plans. My question is - I'm on the gold plan - how do you know when you are supposed to change to a different color? BTW - I'm doing LA at Home. I'm surprised at how little information you get about the program (once you start losing weight, color plans etc).

Also, if you look at the code in your signature, you should see some numbers something like /lb/230/165/0 I think if you change the numbers to reflect your weight it should change... i.e. /lb/start weight/goal weight/current weight/ I hope that makes sense!
sushigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 155/138/125

Height: 5'4"

Mamabanana,I feel for you.I had my weigh in today and I am up 2 lbs also,I thought that I was going to cry I could feel the lump in my throat.I dont get It I am doing everything to a tee.I think I will just quit.-
debbieduzLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:44 PM   #11  
Kelli

Ugh, Debbie...this happened to me the first time I did LAWL, its SO frustrating!!!!!! So hard to not compare yourself to others who are doing so well too Im not sure what youre suggesting, Carols...is it to stop with the bars, thats all? How would I make up the extra 300 cals? Im already low at 1250 avg per day...do you think my plan color is correct or should I do purple? This week I only ran twice, but thats still more than my recent activity before last week. I dunno....
Old 03-24-2007, 10:45 PM   #12  
Kelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieduzLAWL View Post
Mamabanana,I feel for you.I had my weigh in today and I am up 2 lbs also,I thought that I was going to cry I could feel the lump in my throat.I dont get It I am doing everything to a tee.I think I will just quit.-
DO NOT GIVE UP, PLEASE!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 06:00 AM   #13  
Carol

Thumbs up Don't Give Up

As far as those LA Lite Bars, they are high in sugar. Try those cold drink packets of LA Lite Products. Much lower in sugar and calories. Compare the labels on the different LA Lites.

I work out with a trainer. I am much heavier than you, but she always tell me that if I am serious about my weight loss, I should get my cardio in 5 times a week for no less than 40 minutes but no more than 60. I lift only 2 times per week. Since, I have increased my cardio and making better choices, I just lost 7 lbs in one week. I am eating NO sugar. I just hope it continues. 7lbs in one week though is a bit much.
carols2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:36 PM   #14  
NCRed

S/C/G: 157

Height: 5'5"

Hi,
I am a slow loser too. I have fluctuated up and down for three weeks. I just finished my fourth week and am down (depending on thier scales or mine) 8-10 lbs. But I got measured last Friday and I was down three inches in my waist, and inch and a half in my hips and an inch in my bust. My clothes are starting to be too big in the waist and things that were too tight are starting to feel good again. That is more important than the lbs. to me. Hang in there. I wanted to cry week before last when I was up two lbs. but I didn't quit. I had a really hard week out of town this week and was sure I would be up two or three lbs. but when I weighed I was actually down a lb. So stay with it. Hope this helps.
NCRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:00 PM   #15  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushigal View Post
I'm a newbie to LAWL - started the program on Tuesday. So far so good. I have a question regarding the plan colors. From reading on the forums here there seems to be several color plans. My question is - I'm on the gold plan - how do you know when you are supposed to change to a different color? BTW - I'm doing LA at Home. I'm surprised at how little information you get about the program (once you start losing weight, color plans etc).

Also, if you look at the code in your signature, you should see some numbers something like /lb/230/165/0 I think if you change the numbers to reflect your weight it should change... i.e. /lb/start weight/goal weight/current weight/ I hope that makes sense!
Not exactly sure how it works on line, but once you reach a certain weight, your online counselor should shift your plan to a different color..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote