General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 02:25 PM   #1  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Default Bitter Laundry Rant

Dear lovely person with their clothes sitting in the washers in the laundry room for the past two hours:

Right now, as you are no doubt aware, there are only 2 working washers in this laundry room. Until the broken washers are replaced this weekend, we will have to live with this situation.

As such, I'm wondering why on earth you think it is OK to put your clothes in both of the washers, run them, and then disappear for 2 hours, tying up the only washing machines available to half of the complex indefinitely. This is barely acceptable under normal circumstances, when there are plenty of washers to go around. It is absolutely rude and reprehensible to do this when you are using all of the available washers.

Normally, I'd just move your clothes to the top of the counter and put my clothes in. The last time I did this, however, after 2 hours of waiting for the person to return and remove their clothes, the clothes i put into the washer got bleach poured on them, so I'm not doing that again. Instead, I'm spending my afternoon setting my kitchen timer for each 5 minutes so I can get one of the washers. I, however, will set a timer for the exact length of the wash cycle, because I am (unlike you, apparently) aware that people live in the world OTHER than me.

Love,

Your incredibly bitter neighbor.

I need my gym clothes washed! They are rank!
Old 03-21-2007, 03:08 PM   #2  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

GRRRRR!!!
I feel your pain. Someone poured BLEACH on your clothes? OMG, I would be furious.

We share our washer and dryer with the two people upstairs. One of these two people does laundry 5-6 times a week. More than one load at a time. One to two items of clothing each time. Makes us doing laundry rather difficult. We have a hard time figuring out how he dirties so many clothes when all he does is sit on the computer all day. Oh, and we have to share water and gas bills with them, so his wasting water and gas for doing laundry does NOT make me happy AT ALL. Plus he hangs his clothes to dry on the line (goes through the laundry room) in such a fashion that I have to move them or go through them somehow in order to get to the washer and dryer, when there are clearly other places to hang them. Plus he refuses to share responsibility for keeping the dang room clean. GRRRR!!!

Wow. I've needed to get that off my chest for a while. Sorry to hijack... back to your rant...
Old 03-21-2007, 03:08 PM   #3  

Cool

The people that leave them in the washer long after they're done are the same ones that come in just before your clothes are finished washing and throw theirs in the dryers for an hour! I live in an apt. bldg with 36 units and only 3 washers and dryers. I find if I do the laundry Friday nites (date nites) I am most likely to get my laundry done promptly. My dream - to have my own washer and dryer.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:38 PM   #4  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I currently have a washer and dryer where I live and it is heaven. It is actually the thing I am dreading losing the most when I have to move in a couple of months.

Doing laundry is always a complete pain, but having to put up with stuff like that is downright criminal. I can't believe someone poured bleach on your clothes.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:45 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

It was once, a few years ago. The girl didn't like that I had pulled her clothes out, apparently. So ridiculous. Luckily, it was a load of towels, so it wasn't a huge loss. But still incredibly irritating.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:19 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

OOPS! Amanda, this reminds me of when I was 18...sooo long ago! I moved into a tri-plex after high school. I was on an end unit and a couple of guys that worked for my dad were on the other end unit. In the middle was a divorced mom with a couple of young boys, she was a very good friend of ours. Anyway, all I had to do was load the washer with my clothes, turn it on and leave...when I came home from work or play all my clothes would be folded and in my basket. The mom would ALWAYS need the washer and dryer! Of course I always left quarters on the counter for her to use...I had a key to the washer and dryer...my dad and I owned the tri-plex
Old 03-21-2007, 04:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I hope you print that post and put it up in your laundry room! How rude!
Old 03-21-2007, 04:51 PM   #8  
Moderating Mama

Sometimes I hate my financial responsibleness - I could afford to rent a house with a washer/dryer right now, but want to save money to buy a home, and just for my future in general, so I'm staying in a smaller apartment with no washer/dryer, no dishwasher, etc because the rent is fairly low. Sometimes I wish I could be more irresponsible...I'd have my own washer/dryer!

Laundry is done now...it only took her 3 hours to move her stuff.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:40 PM   #9  
Pending Email Confirmation

that is so rude. and yet, somehow does not surprise me in the slightest. i had a room mate who always decided any time i was doing laundry, that she had to do it at that exact same time, and would always toss my stuff to the side. Ugh, used to piss me off so much!

The apt we live in now has washers and dryers in the units, but I do still have to share it with my brother in law and my hubby. A month or so ago I ran an experiment to just see what would happen... he always leaves his clothes to rot in the washer and dryer and every time he uses the dryer he pulls the fuzz out of the fuzz catcher thinger and tosses it on top of the dryer. There is a garbage can in the laundry room! So I put that garbage can on top of the dryer and left it there for three weeks, and every week I still had fuzz sitting on top of the dryer, right next to the can. UGH!
Old 03-22-2007, 01:04 AM   #10  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Our dryer broke down a few months ago. Actually, a belt broke and hubby tried to fix it, which in turn caused it to start on fire the next time I used it. So, we've been doing laundry in the laundromat not too far from here. Every week, there's this lady who comes in, goes to the same five machines, and heaven forbid if someone has their stuff in there. She throws a FIT! I've seen her throw peoples' clothes away, though she's rarely that drastic.

Hopefully next time your neighbor won't be so inconsiderate next time. Fat chance, but there's always hope, right?
Old 03-22-2007, 03:20 AM   #11  

Bleach!??! Ughhhh...The nerve of some people.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 260/210/165

Height: 5'11

I know exactly how you feel. I live in an apt where we get ONE washer and dryer to share between 12 units. That wouldn't normally be so bad except that at least three of them have families of at least four people. So the only time I ever get to do my laundry is at about 3 am on my nights off (I work midnights). Fortunately the laundry room is right next to my apt so only I am bugged by the noise through the wall.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:47 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

I am positively ANAL about laundry. Right now I have a washer and dryer in my home but when I was in an apartment, I would go to the laundry room with a book and a CD player because I didn't trust the other people to not screw around with my stuff. If someone left their stuff in the washer more than 10 minutes, I took it out and put it in a plastic bag for them. Same thing with the dryer. I had a fellow resident get mad at me for taking her stuff out. I pointed out to her that she had been gone so long that I'd washed two loads and had them both in the dryer. She didn't like that she had to wait for me to finish before she could put her stuff in the dryer but oh well, if I can stay with my laundry then she can stay with hers.

Tiki

Last edited by tikanique; 03-22-2007 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:54 AM   #14  
Moderating Mama

I am maniacal about timers...I set a timer for EXACTLY when my laundry will be done and head DIRECTLY over, full stop. I just don't understand leaving your crap for that long!

Unfortunately, I don't have time to babysit the laundry. Hopefully the washers/dryers will get fixed on schedule and we'll be ok by this weekend.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:57 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

mandalinn~maybe you'll get surprised and someone will give you a washer and dryer to you for a wedding gift!!! Do you have room for one in your apartment?
Closed Thread