Old 03-20-2007, 09:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/150

Height: 5'3''

Question New & Cheap!

Hi All!

I have been *lurking* here for awhile. I am a newlywed--- and am on a VERY tight budget-- so actually joining LAWL is not possible right now. A friend shared his red plan with lites with me... my question is....is this the right plan for me? You can see my stats below. I do work out 4-7 hours a week.

Thanks so much! I look forward to learning & losing with you all!

One more ?- I have seen that you can sub Luna & Pria bars for LA Lites-- how about Fiber One bars?
Minnesota Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:56 PM   #2  
Kelli

S/C/G: 187/136.8/128

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota Teacher View Post
Hi All!

I have been *lurking* here for awhile. I am a newlywed--- and am on a VERY tight budget-- so actually joining LAWL is not possible right now. A friend shared his red plan with lites with me... my question is....is this the right plan for me? You can see my stats below. I do work out 4-7 hours a week.

Thanks so much! I look forward to learning & losing with you all!

One more ?- I have seen that you can sub Luna & Pria bars for LA Lites-- how about Fiber One bars?
The Fiber One Bars fall short in the protein department, but I have used them in a pinch....welcome aboard!
mamabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:03 PM   #3  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

i love the luna bars. i never used them the last 2 times i did the plan, but i'm so happy i do now. they are so much better ingredient-wise. i love 'em.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Welcome! At your weight I would think you would be on purple, which is 1/2 less protein and 1 less starch. The cut-off for adding another program for exercise is 5 hours/week consistently. If you are hitting that, then red is right for you. If not, then you should be on purple. You can spend a week or two trying each program and seeing what your losses are and how your energy and appetite levels are to see what's the best program for you.

We did have one girl who exercised around what you did and instead of increasing her food intake she added a protein shake an hour before her workouts. That way she didn't have to worry about committing to the 5hr/week.

You can also use Kashi Crunchy bars and the new Special K protein meal bars (not snack bars) are pretty comparable too.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:48 PM   #5  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Cassi..........I could just kiss you.........I am going to try the special K bars and see if maybe I can tolerate them..........and then maybe I will be a bit more successful XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:56 PM   #6  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/150

Height: 5'3''

Lightbulb Thanks!

Thanks for the welcomes & the tips!

One more ?- is the purple plan described by bizlaschick still have the 2 LA Lites?
Minnesota Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:38 PM   #8  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Yes!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote