Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 06:29 AM   #1  

Default Rice N Shine

I've been using this product for 3 weeks now and I'am impressed with it. I don't have the cravings for sweets anymore that I've had all my life. I've been very over weight since I was a kid ( Im 47 now ) and have gone on many diets and lost a lot of weight but have always gained it back. Since I started using Rice N Shine on Feb 28th I dont feel the need to eat like I used to. I've always have been a sweetaholic but now I still will eat them but just a small amount. This product is not really ment to be a weight loss product but it does say it will help you maintain a healthy weight. I've lost 10 pounds since I started using it. I plan on continueing to use it. I want to lose 100 pounds.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:46 AM   #2  
it's always something

Congratulations on your weight loss! What kind of diet are you following, or are you cutting back overall?

Rice bran is very nutritious and makes a good addition to our diets for some people. There are probably better ways to get it than from Rice n Shine, though. Bob's Red Mill sells pure rice bran in a 25 ounce (1.25lb) container for $3.99. Rice n Shine costs $39.95 for a one month supply. Rice n Shine contains rice bran, whey protein, cocoa, sweeteners, and a variety of vitamins. It might be worth trying to buy SlimFast Optima and add a scoop of Bob's rice bran in the blender. It would be more nutritious and higher in fiber than the Rice n Shine, and a lot cheaper.

Good luck, and please feel free to join in our other forums.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:05 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Or even a regular whey protein would do. I buy 6 lbs of chocolate whey protein at Costco for $23. Also, I've been experimenting with other whey proteins and the cost is in the $20s (or less depending).

If you are interested in high fiber diets, you can look at various forums here including Whole Foods forum and there has been some recent discussion in our General diet forum about high fiber diets.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:22 PM   #4  

Now this was helpful..... I didn't really want to spend the money on the rice shine.
I have tried the choclate whey and it was working, but it kept me in the bathroom.... which is a real problem at work.
I know I am posting this message like 6 months later, but can you tell me if the urge to have a bowel movement ever.... hmm... does the quickness in the need to use the bathroom ever ease up?
Closed Thread