Old 03-20-2007, 06:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 254

Height: 5'3"

Default Sabotage

Oh no, this is what happens every time I have a loss. I need help! I went to WW last night and was so excited that I had a loss. (I need to update my tracker on this site.) I haven't had a loss in so long these last two weeks have been fabulous. But, it seems everytime I see success I sabotage myself. I did well last night when I got home. I announced my good news and requested that my celebration comprise of a walk with my mom (who's visiting). She was just as excited as was. But, today at work, I'm wanting to eat everything sweet. I had a soda for lunch and then a chocolate cookie. Now, I want chocolate. I told my admin to slap my hands if I go near that section of her desk where 3-4 containers of sweets sit.

HELP!!!! I don't want to sabotage myself again. I want to keep going on this trail of success. I just need to get over this hump.
julzchiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I'm sorry. I don't know what to say to help! I react just the opposite to success...it motivates me more. When the scales don't move for a bit then I start to get in the attitude of "why bother" and that's when I have to be MOST careful! Hang in there!!!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:42 PM   #3  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Just walk away because it's not worth it. You haven't strayed too badly yet - don't let it get out of control. But if you have to give into the chocolate temptation make it something healthy - a small piece of dark chocolate or a cup of low fat/fat free chocolate milk does wonders for me when I'm craving sweets.
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:39 PM   #4  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

I used to do that... celebrate with food. Mind over matter girl! You can do it!!!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 274/270/230

Height: 5 foot 3

Wink Sabotage

I am the perfect person to talk to you right now. I am a self sabotager and here is the answer: You are doing it! Asking for help and getting encouragement. You girl are not doing it alone we are with you every step of the way. I am not letting you slip and if you do we will be there to slap that hand and get you back. I found doing it alone made it so easy to slip that piece of chocolate or feel so great that the why bother sets in. Celebrate your success with that walk and a cheer from your WW group then set your sites on the next goal and repeat a motto or saying like I am such a star I got this far I am so ready to go farther and it's worth it. or something like that.

My advice keep talking to us and we all can get through the bumps. Like last week I was starving and asked for help and the girls helped me out and I think Dana looked at my fit day and wow did I feel accountable more than ever knowing a stranger was keeping me on my toes. On this site we are not alone and I am sooooooo glad. Thanks
Inspire Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:20 PM   #6  
Losin' it forever!

I'm with melsfolly...I keep emergency dark chocolate in my purse for when the craving is really intense and I'm afraid of going off plan because of it. The good news is that that pack of dark chocolate has been in my purse for three weeks, and I've had three little pieces of it! That's a miracle for me but it also serves to remind me that I'm committed this time.

Just remind yourself of how badly you want to lose weight the next time you are staring at a forbidden treat! Or purposefully work that treat into your plan for the next day if you can't get around it. Anything to keep yourself from a total sabotage!

You can do it!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote