View Single Post
Old 02-15-2002, 11:14 AM   #8
TobeyToe

Good morning all

I am sooo tired this morning. I had a hot date last night . It was the best Valentineís Day ever. We through the picnic blanket on the floor last night for dinner and we stayed there until 11:00 pm. But I ate and drank too much Dh bought me a dozen long stem roses and some Godiva chocolate truffles (all that is left now is the box!). It was fun Ė we used all of our picnic gear Ė plastic plates, plastic glasses, the works! The cat also thought it was great that we spent the whole night at her level. We even put the roses on the floor with us.

Marlana: Sounds like you are doing fantastic! Way to go! Did you buy a special keyboard? I am going to have some quiet time this weekend. Dh has to work for a few hours on Sunday. I am looking forward to it. As part of a surprise for our 5th anniversary I am putting together a scrapbook. We met in 1990 and have saved a lot of little tidbits through out the years. I have stubs from concerts we went to in university, cards from flowers he sent, really bad pictures of us, etcÖ But it is really hard to find time to work on it because dh is always around! Unfortunately I didnít read your Valentineís warning until this morning Ė I think I almost ODíed on chocolate last night!

Jojo: Iím very glad to hear that your wrist is feeling better. I didnít realize that you had to have surgery for it before. I know what you mean about the candy. I donít I could even look at a piece of chocolate today. As part of dinner, I made a double layer chocolate cake Ė the recipe is actually called Total Eclipse Chocolate Cake. We only had two small pieces last night and then I brought the rest in to work. The guys are have just inhaled it. CONGRATULATIONS TO HUBBY! That didnít take long at all! Good for him! We had days similar to what you are describing here in Ontario in the mid 1990ís. They were called ďRay DaysĒ after the Premier who implemented them. It affected any provincial employee (i.e. nurses, bus drivers, etc.) and you had to take 3 (I think) unpaid days a year. It very unpopular and didnít last very long. Oh tacos for dinner! We are having fajitas tonight.

Teresa: Hey Ė welcome back! Iím so sorry to hear about Jeff. I canít even imagine what you must have gone through. That is an incredible story. Oh dear Ė I just finished reading your post. Your grandfather passing away and your house being burglarized. What an awful time it has been for you. I canít even imagine that there is more. Please stay in touch with us and let us know how you are doing and if there is anything we can do. We are all here to support each other.

Skeeter: Glad you had a nice day with your hubby too. Sounds like we had similar days good times Ė bad food. Did you say 6 birthdays in March?!?!?!? Wow! As I think I mentioned yesterday was my BILís birthday. Well you know what, he such a guy he got me a gift!! I came in this morning and there was an e-mail from him with a link. I click on the link and find out that he has bought me a 12 month subscription to Runnerís World What a sweetheart!

Jen: Jen, Jen, Jen Ö.. I have a lecture coming on about the importance of eating breakfast but you are a nurse and you already know so Iíll just keep quiet. I guess it is great that your school exposes you to different areas that you would normally get to see. So if you did make a shift, you have a better idea what you are getting into. Working with open-heart surgery patients sounds very tough. That must be emotionally and physically draining. Did you get to spend some time with bf yesterday?

Guess thatís all for now. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Tobey