Old 03-20-2007, 12:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/241/185

Height: 5'7

Default Veggie Burger ?'s

I have had the veggie burgers several times ths past week and also this past week the scale finally started to move downward. So Im thiking allis good. But when I went to weigh in this morning my counsler about had coronary over me eating veggie burgers. She told me that I will be more hungry because they don't have as much protein and that I should be eating chicken or something like that. But I have not been hungry, I have loved them. I fix them with veggies on a pita.

Then she went on about how I should only have one Ccraver per week. Well I had only done it once. And she asked me three times if was getting all my water in. In six weeks I have only missed 8 oz of water but she seemed to not believe me. I was frustrated because I went in feeling like I was doing really well for the first time since switching to the purple and I left totally bummed. So have you experienced "losers" been told this? And if you do them do you think they slow down weight loss or leave you feeling hungry? Thanks for your input. I love these things but don't want to sabotage my diet either.
MM07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:01 AM   #2  

Oh lord, I swear I wasn't drinking when I posted that! I think one of my little ones spilled something on my keyboard today because it is sticking so bad, sorry!.............**note to self, use spell check dummy!**......LOL
Old 03-20-2007, 02:29 AM   #3  
IHeartHummus

S/C/G: 200/178/130

Height: 5'1

I'm kind of curious and new to the board...What's a Ccraver?
ledfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

I swear the CODs are anti-vegitarian! Check the protien for yourself first. the whole idea of an exchange is that everything on the list is fairly close in calories, carbs and protien. if you check, one protien exchange is about 20 g of protien, give or take. (well depending on your plan, I am speaking of the purple and red because they have the same size serving). So look up one serving of chicken and compare the grams of protein to two veggie burgers. and while you are at it compare the grams of fat. typically the veggie protiens will be lower in fat. if not fat free..... like beans, TVP, and Seiten (that is gluten or a wheat protein product, they list it as seiten in the book) and always keep in mind when you go to a COD. that they are not trained nutritionist, they are sales people, who robotically tell you what they need to to get you to buy more and to follow the plan the way thier programming tells them. bottom line. if you are not hungry, if you are losing, if you have energy, then it is working for you! that is all that is important.

Lettie
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I love veggie burgers. I eat them 2-3 times per week. My COD does not have a problem with it, and I am plenty satisfied. I also notice that the weeks I have veggie burgers and tuna are weeks when I consistently lose.

If this counselor was a little too abrasive, speak with the manager. They should not make you feel belittled in any way. This is your money and your body. Fight for it.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:36 AM   #6  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

I have found in some instances where they 'try' a little too hard to keep you on plan and have you lose. I've been on a while, so now I don't get it too much, but back when it was happening to me I would just start the conversation with "I'm fine with my progress so far" and they would lay off. It does help in the sense that you can figure out what foods work best for YOU, so if you are eating veggie products and not losing, then you switch to fish and start losing, you can see a pattern. But on the other hand, if you are happy and satisfied eating what you are eating, and it is in the book, and you keep it up, you are bound to lose weight.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:22 AM   #7  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm with Kim. My COD had several great counselors.....and then there were those who did the training protocol...........are you getting your water in? how are you consuming your fats? if you have bloating, you can try hot lemon water? Are you constipated? We sell something for that.........blah blah blah. These were the ????'s I would get on a great weight loss week. So, like the others have said, if it is working for you......sometimes you just have to disregard what a counselor tries to sell to you, and hope you get a better one next time. I think veggie burgers rock.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:47 PM   #8  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

i am 100% vegetarian and the veggie products have a great amount of protein..otherwise they wouldn't have a vegetarian plan...and why would they put them in the book if you weren't meant to eat them? that's plain silly of your COD to say things like that.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:47 PM   #9  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

LOL - Jillian and Lettie are right - vegetarians aren't allowed to be on LAWL? NO, YOU MUST EAT MEAT! Too funny.

I don't want to counselor-bash, not all are bad, just some over-eager ones. One newbie counselor tried to tell me that the pre-cut fresh pineapple you buy in the stores is bad for you because of the sodium. Whoa.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:51 PM   #10  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimphin View Post
LOL - Jillian and Lettie are right - vegetarians aren't allowed to be on LAWL? NO, YOU MUST EAT MEAT! Too funny.

I don't want to counselor-bash, not all are bad, just some over-eager ones. One newbie counselor tried to tell me that the pre-cut fresh pineapple you buy in the stores is bad for you because of the sodium. Whoa.

Yummy - salty pineapple
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:

oh that is hilarious! I have finally gotten them to agree, albeit reluctantly, but I count my PB as a fat, not a protein. I don't need 3T on a 1/2 banana, that is more PB than banana! plus I make my own PB in the food processor with just peanuts and a little of my Morton's Salt. so one T is about the same as 10 nuts.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:19 PM   #12  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

'

I've gotten the same spiel from a not too bright counselor, except it was about frozen ground turkey. Then again, she also told me that if I wanted to see the scale budge I should cut out all resistance training. Obviously, I'll drop pounds but I don't exactly want to gain inches here! Luckily COD managers have sense, amazing how vetrans of the progam think!

As for the Veggie Burgers, I keep vegetarian at least 2 proteins a day. I find the burgers don't fill me up. But I could live on the Morningstar Farm Nuggets and Boca sausages. It all depends on what works for us individually.

As for the peanut butter, I do the same thing as Lettie, I don't grind it myself, but I'm a food snob and only get it fresh ground from Whole Foods.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:49 PM   #13  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh, Kim.........thanks for the laugh
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:50 AM   #14  

You guys are too funny! Salty pineapple, yuck! Well thanks so much for everyones input, I feel better about it. I'm going to WI on Thursday, which is when I used to go and she has never been there before on that day. So we will see. I think I'll just accidently "forget" my journal that day, lol! When I got on my home scale this am it was down 1/2 pound. I liked the phrase that was suggested about being happy with my progress.

Thanks again, I love this board!
Old 03-21-2007, 09:39 AM   #15  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

OK I think I could convert. We had spicy black bean veggie burgers (thank you Cassi) last night for dinner with roasted veggies and black beans. It was delicious. My 18 year old son even liked it. He doesn't comment on food, especially when I cook it, but he said "dinner has been really good the last 3 nights". And here I thought he liked the stuff I used to cook, tacos, enchilladas, hamburger helper, crap crap crap....

So that's 2 vegetarian meats I've tried that I really like. I have the other patty for lunch today. Mmm Mmm good.

The only concern I had was the black beans since they are considered a protein too but I only had 1 patty and then 1/2 cup of black beans. I figured that would equal 1 protein?????
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote