Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 08:32 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #241

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:38 PM   #2  
ugggg.....

Tina--I remember when I was a teenager...a long time ago....laying on the bed with a hanger to pull up the zipper...I still do the shimmy shimmy shake over the thighs and hips, but my tummy isn't flat anymore for the zipper to skim over!!! I am an all or nothing too--if I don't drink my water I don't lose and some days when I am realy stressed and busy I don't get enough calories in--my poor system doesn't know what to do!!

Cristina--at least you are headed in the right direction!!

Jodi--you are an hourglass like me, though I don't know what the book says. How was the Just My Size Yoga DVD--I love Ebay!!

Moi Moi--Welcome!!

Karin--just stick with it and try not to get too frustrated. We all slip from time to time.

Marti--yay for your loss!!

4Amy--yay for the minus 3 pounds!!

Mindee--Two of dd's friends are pregnant (well one just had a boy and the other is her old roomate & is due in September), our really good friends are due in May with a boy, my niece is having a boy in April, three coworkers are pregnant, one with a boy in May, another a boy in July & a third due in August, my old boss is going to be a first time grandparent with a baby girl in July and another coworker's son and his wife are having twins in September.

Jane--Chicago sounds fun!! How's the shoulder??

Sassy--still thinking of the two of you and your family!!

Sue--the only thing you have to worry about when planting in the woods is the sun and shade and the spots you thought were sunny but become shady when the leaves are fully back on the limbs!!

Tammy--I would much rather have snow than ice!! The last time we went to DC was about 5 years ago on his bday which coincides with the cherry blossoms!! The kids go to DC101's Chili cookoff almost every year and DD and gf went on a day trip last summer.

Hope everyone else is fine!!

Had to take dd to the ER this morning--turns out she has a kidney stone and a very bad kidney infection. Haven't heard from her yet this evening, but I am sure she is still sleeping.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Jules-I love Ebay too. Last summer for ds bday I got him a red sax. When he took it to band everyone wanted to know where he got it cause the place that services the school doesn't have colors. He told them Ebay, my mom buys EVERYTHING on Ebay- lol

I like the dvd- nice to see a plus size girl doing it. Much better than a 100 lb woman telling me to get into contortionist positions- lol
Old 03-19-2007, 08:51 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Jules - how's DD doing? Y'ouch! A kidney stone and a kidney infection together has to feel so very bad!

Mindee - it's great that you and your sisters swap baby clothes. Mary and Gina did for the girls, and Gina has a sister with boy clothes, so it's working out.

Vann - I missed you while you were gone. Sometimes it's hard to post when we're feeling not-so-great, but I'm glad you lurked anyway, and are back.

Tina - nothing like trying on clothes for a big smack of reality! But see, you're losing, so way to go!

Tammy - I was all set to watch Brothers and Sisters, then it was a rerun! Phooey!

MoiMoi - to you!

Sue - warmer weather is on the way by the end of the week. Just when I'll be going to Chicago where it's supposed to be cold and rainy, lol.

Cristina - hey, you still lost! A little bit counts! I'm thinking of you this week while you have so much to do. Just think, before long it will be all over. PM me with your new addy when you feel like it, ok?

Marti, Amy, Karin and Jodi - way to go to all of you for your losses!!!

I got a lot of paperwork done today. Later, I felt like I was coming down with something, but feel ok now. My shoulder is pain-free!!

Katie is on her way over, and I'll be glad to visit with her. I see her only about once or twice a week, so it will be good to catch up.

Have a good one!
Old 03-19-2007, 10:50 PM   #5  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good evening- Mom and I finally got out to our new Wal Mart and it is huge. We had a regular store, but this is a super center. I bought a few groceries....
Did laundry and changed beds today. Cooked dinner and cleaned the kitchen. Doesn't sound like much...lol.
DH and I walked in the drizzle/chill. I got in 35 minutes...then did some exercises.
So...actually starting my plan today. (after 4 days of warming up to it) Not doing badly at all. I am almost anxious for next Mon. weigh in...lol.
I wonder how many days I will be able to keep that attitude?

I have 2 lunches out this week...one with my "bestest" friend and one with DD and Mom. Hope I can make good choices...I mean I WILL make good choices.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:02 AM   #6  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies.....I see we are all doing well today!

Jane~ It just so happened that since I got pregnant with Brandon back in July of 2003, until now, at one point in time, all five of my parent's oldest girls were all pregnant at the same time. Brandon, and my sister's son Nicholas, are three months and four days apart, so we shared clothes there. That same sister, and the one that just had the boy in January, had two girls within two months of each other, so they shared clothes there. so, it has been a blessing to have four older sisters.....especially when we all seem to be pregnant at the same time. BUT, when I get my tubes tied, that will be the end of the road for all of us. The older four already have their tubes tied, so I am the last to join the bandwagon.

WTG to all of those that have lost weight this week! I am dreading the scale at my doctor's visit on Wednesday. BUT, so far I have only gained 10 pounds as of my appointment two weeks ago. What I weighed when I got pregnant, or even before I got pregnant is beyond me, I never wanted to jump on a scale.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:02 AM   #7  
Quit smoking 2/26/07

Height: 4' 11"

Mornin'
...A bit of catching up...

Tammy- Thanks for the pointers and crib notes.

Moi Moi - WELCOME!

4Amy- I love Tae Bo! somehow I lost the dvds eight months ago when we moved. You are cruisin' on your loosin'!

Tina - congrats on the new car & the weight loss. Watcha on? May I ask the name of book and Dr.?

Sue - The program you and Tina are talking about has struck a chord with me. I've just realised in the past couple weeks that breakfast cereal seriously triggers a sugar craving in me for the rest of the day.

Mindee - YaY for Baby GIRL. Having no brothers or sons, I'm partial! My DD turns 16 on Friday. (Am I allowed to ground her so she doesn't leave the house for college? I'm going to fall apart when that happens.)

Marti - I'm glad your bloodwork came back good. On hiking smoke-free...I didn't think it would be a breeze because I'm puffing like a draft horse trudging through mud on the elliptical...but I did think it would be easier than it's tuning out. Haven't really been hiking in four years, so I guess now my muscles atrophied, too. I'm determined tho!

Karin - I'm right there with ya on the frustration. On one hand I'm telling myself, all the habits aren't going to change overnight. On the other hand I have bouts of being so disgusted with my lack of willpower and feeling/looking like a stuffed sausage. Ugh

I'm doing really good with exercise over several days...
2 -15 min indoor walks with DD (with wrist weights)
bought a bike for DH, went toodling around town for an hour
2 dog walks and 2 miles on the elliptical
but I'm having major bouts of indulgence in the lotsacrap4food department...
I'm too ashamed to mention it all.
I'm still not smoking & I'm scared to weigh myself.
On the rest-of-my-life front...
DH started a new job today - thank the gods, the last one ended on Valentines Day.
I start tommorrow at McD's. Don't worry, fast food doesn't trip my trigger. I'm looking forward to the fast pace. I used to loose some weight when I started a new job. Crossing fingers this time, too.

Hello to everybody! Jodi, Sassy, Jules, Jane, Vann.....
Have a great day!
Old 03-20-2007, 10:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Ohhhhh...retaining fluid ... I ate a bunch of beef tri tip that was marinated last night. It was good but ohhhh...and also I hadn't drank water before 6pm so I drank all 8 glasses from 6 to 8. Arghhhh! So today I hope to get my food more schedualed. And stay away from the salty stuff.

I also need to get motivated to start exercising. I have a bad foot that gets sore if I walk for tooo long. I used to enjoy walking alot. But now it's not as good for me. So I plan on using my bike more. Maybe walk and bike...so I just need to 'do it'....

Is everyone else relying heavily on exercise or more focus on diet?

T
Old 03-20-2007, 10:08 AM   #9  

Jen, we posted at the same time...

"The miricle of Bio-identical Hormones (A revolutionary approach to permanent weight loss , PMS, Menopause, Sexual Health, Breast Cancer, Attention Deficit Disorder, and more..."
Dr. Michael E. Platt, M.D.

It's a good book...he presents different case studies on people. It's not boring to read.

I'm on the Diet Center Diet. My mom used to own it and I used to be a counselor...I gotta go be back soon...
Old 03-20-2007, 10:42 AM   #10  
Quit smoking 2/26/07

Thanks Tina! I'm looking at Dr. Platt's website now.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:45 AM   #11  

ohhhh...he has a website? haha....didn't know that...haha!
Old 03-20-2007, 10:49 AM   #12  

Hey cool. I found it too! It looks like some interesting stuff there. Yes, my mom wants me to be tested by him. She had gone to a seminar thing where he was speaking and that's how she learned about him. She has a house in Palm Desert. Anyway....that's good. http://www.drplatt.com/

Tina
Old 03-20-2007, 10:59 AM   #13  
Quit smoking 2/26/07

Now I'm researching Probiotics! On his lifestyle pg...Cravings for sweets & carbs yup... more than a cup of coffee a day....OMG I drink almost a pot.
Enlightening stuff
Old 03-20-2007, 11:18 AM   #14  

Height: 5'1"

Morning!

Too many to catch up on, so I'll do a little chatting for this morning.

Back to my normal work schedule. And here I was getting used to working 9-5:30!!

I have a three day weekend coming....taking Monday off. My 3rd Anniversary is this Saturday and I have Jhanai so extra days off is always good.

Not a whole lot going on here. I'm eating good and I'm walking again. Last week was just an OFF week. This week will be better.

Ok...dogs are wanting some attention, so I better skidaddle.

Have a great Tuesday.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:09 PM   #15  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello...

Okay...I haven't had a chance to catch up on all the other posts and now all these! Lol

I will be back in a few minutes to catch up. I've got the new owners coming over again. Had to leave once this morning and really didn't want to get out in the rain. They wanted to come over and get some measurements so she can go buy a new fridge. She couldn't fine one wherever she went and wants to come back really quick in a few minutes but this time they said we didn't really have to leave. I didn't have to leave earlier and didn't want to but I had a couple of things to get done and it was the perfect time to do so.

I ordered a new comforter from Penney's and it has been sitting at the store for about a week. Last night bought a new shower curtain for our bath but didn't get a liner and picked up one of those, and a bedskirt too. The comforter came with the shams but not the skirt. Anywho...in Arnold's voice...I'll be back!
Closed Thread