Old 03-20-2007, 10:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 207 / 207 / 160

Height: 5'6

Default So FRUSTRATED! day 6!!!

Tomorrow will be one full week for me. 7 days. And I have been SO ON TRACK with the purple program except, maaaaybe, a little too much dressing one or two meals?? one extra starch the very first day... maybe one day I didn't have my Morton lite salt... (small minor things)

Is this plan soooo rigid that, if I did do these above things, it wouldn't let me lose weight?? I am sooo afraid now that I am wasting my effort... Even on the days that I truly chose ideal foods (fish for example) the scale didn't budge! I was 207.5, today day 6, 206. BUT it's my first week?? does this make sense??

Please tell me? thanks!!
LaneBryantChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:52 AM   #2  
LAWLmember on Maintenance

S/C/G: 200/171/157

Height: 5'6"

Hi
Don't get discouraged. I started at just about the same weight as you in September. I was very skeptical about this diet. I didn't lose big quantities at first either. But I just kept at it. After all I didn't gain my weight overnight and it wasn't going to come off overnight either. I struggled some days. And fell sometimes too. But just keep on with the plan. One thing that helped me was to fill the diary out after a meal or snack and not wait until later. Just give it time and you will see the difference.

Lila
LilaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:19 AM   #3  
LAWL Salt Police

Janeen.. It's extremely important early on, to follow the plan to the letter, as it makes you physically (and more important, mentally) "in the zone" to resist temptations.. Not to say that you won't, especially as you see weight come off..

If you can make it for the first few weeks, it become MUCH easier to stay on plan and not have it seem like a chore.. You will eventually get in the groove with your grocery shopping and dining out. You will also start to see people around eating poorly or filling their shopping carts full of crap, and it will make you feel really good to know that even if the weight isn't coming off all the quickly (just ask Liz about plateaus), you're doing your body a service and in the long run, that's the goal..

Take joy in little victories, not just what the scale says.. Your inches lost will start to build. You'll have more energy, and better skin (or so i'm told) as well as improved self esteem..

This is not a miracle overnight diet.. Some lose fast, some lose very slow, but the truth is that if you stick with it, you will lose!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:17 PM   #4  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2112 View Post
Janeen.. It's extremely important early on, to follow the plan to the letter, as it makes you physically (and more important, mentally) "in the zone" to resist temptations.. Not to say that you won't, especially as you see weight come off..

If you can make it for the first few weeks, it become MUCH easier to stay on plan and not have it seem like a chore.. You will eventually get in the groove with your grocery shopping and dining out. You will also start to see people around eating poorly or filling their shopping carts full of crap, and it will make you feel really good to know that even if the weight isn't coming off all the quickly (just ask Liz about plateaus), you're doing your body a service and in the long run, that's the goal..

Take joy in little victories, not just what the scale says.. Your inches lost will start to build. You'll have more energy, and better skin (or so i'm told) as well as improved self esteem..

This is not a miracle overnight diet.. Some lose fast, some lose very slow, but the truth is that if you stick with it, you will lose!!
I think there might be something to the skin thing. I've been on the diet for a month now (well going into the 4th week) and I was just noticing my hands this morning and thought they were looking much less "old" today. Not as dry and the tone and texture is much nicer. Way to go LAWL!
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:09 PM   #5  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Yep, hang in there, Janeen. It's so hard to see only a pound or two come off each week when we get used to seeing a drop of 7+ pounds the first week with unhealthy crash diets. BUT! The weight is going away, and this time, it's goind away for GOOD! If my tagline helps you at all, feel free to adopt it as well: "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

We'll get there eventually!
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:53 PM   #6  

ya know, I can't help but to feel, since I am not technically ON the diet (I am only using the materials my mom in law shared with me and going on my own scale) that I might be doing little thins wrong? and maybe all of them are just keeping me EXACTLY at this weight, rather than dropping it... I feel, ultimately, like i might be letting time slip me by...

granted... today I just had ckn with broccoli and an egg roll... I couldnt' resist... I had a night from **** with my 5 month old (ear infection) crying constantly, no sleep, my hubby is away on business and my 5 year old is demanding too! lol... I just felt I DESERVED the effin chinese food and now i'm soooo mad. dissappointed more in myself.

ehhh.

I heard there is an online LAWL program???? I am going to call the 800 number and ask where to find it, does anyone here know about it or do it??

and, thanks everyone...
Old 03-20-2007, 05:15 PM   #7  
LAWL Salt Police

I forget the web site address, but I'm sure someone will provide it.. The online costs something like 100 bucks year...

You are no different than any of us here.. After a particularly hard day or event, we who are overweight (and others) often turn to food as a release, feeling that we "deserve" it..

While this might be ok once in a very great while, we have to do our best to resist it. I'm just as guilty, if not more, that many here.. Food has always been my fall back if I'm upset, ticked off, have done something really well, etc...

Part of this diet is to get us out of the mindset that the reward HAS to be crappy food..

It can be done, I'm convinced of it...

That said, you can't be grumpy about not moving the scales, especially early on, if you know why it's not moving... Those chinese take out meals (with our without the egg roll) add up.. We've had to basically stop eating chinese food... And believe me.. That SUCKS!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 05:38 PM   #8  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Hi Janeen
I agree with some of the posts above.. I've had a great loss but I stick to the plan 100%.. my mantra has always been if "I don't write it, I don't bite it" That includes little licks and tastes and bites.. or BLTs as they are known when I'm cooking for my kids or DH. I made sure at the beginning to count all my water, make sure I had my salt every day etc. Those 'little slips' do add up on the scale. Even when I plan and leave exchanges for a dinner out I'm still often up as they cook with much more sodium than you do preparing food yourself. Best advice I can give is be honest and try to follow the plan to a T for 2 weeks.. I'm sure you will see a loss as this board is testament to all the different shapes, sizes and lifestyles that are losing when following the plan.
Main thing is stay positive, persistant and hang in there, the scale will reward you and we are all here for support!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:59 PM   #9  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Well, there's Kristen
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:12 PM   #10  

thanks dave and the gang! lol....

I will keep trudging along... I'm searching online to find this site/offer but can't find it anywhere... it's getting frustrating... the customer service is already gone for the day too... ehhhhhhh

If ANYONE knows the online site, please share>??? thanks!!
Old 03-20-2007, 06:21 PM   #11  
LAWL Salt Police

http://laathome.com

Found it...
Old 03-20-2007, 09:03 PM   #12  

omgosh Dan, I called you Dave!!! (My brother in law) sorry!!! lol!! TOLD YOU it was a BAD day!! and thank you sooooooooo much!!!!!!

awesome!! thank you thank you!! I'll let you know what i find out/decide/ and how it goes...

Janeen
Old 03-20-2007, 09:05 PM   #13  

Hey, I think I need to be a current client FIRST before getting ANYwhere on that site???? shoot!!!! Can you see if thats what you think too????

darn!!!! I'll ck back here tomorrow morning to see if you replied and thanks!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 12:09 AM   #14  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneBryantChick View Post
omgosh Dan, I called you Dave!!! (My brother in law) sorry!!! lol!! TOLD YOU it was a BAD day!! and thank you sooooooooo much!!!!!!

awesome!! thank you thank you!! I'll let you know what i find out/decide/ and how it goes...

Janeen

Don't worry about it.. My brother's name is Dave and my mom calls me Dave all the time, so truth be told, I didn't really notice..
Old 03-21-2007, 02:00 PM   #15  

whew!!!!!!!!!! Now I feel much better!!!

Dan, any chance you can see for me what happens when you go to that site you so kindly shared with me.... it looks like, to me, I have to be a member going to a Center in order to get past registration.... In other words, it is NOT available to the public (even for a price)... just current members, is that what you see too?

or if anyone else can tell me? thanks!

this is the site: www.laathome.com