Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-19-2007, 05:28 PM   #1  
LLV

Default I have a really stupid complaint about fitday

WHY WHY WHY does that site make you log in constantly? Most sites you log in once per session. With fitday if you sit idle for more than 5 minutes, you have to log back in again.

Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me?

It's just extremely annoying.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

No, it does that to me also. I would think the site would remember you for atleast an hour, but it doesn't. I guess we can't expect perfection for free.

I'm more ticked off that the calorie count/carbs for sugar-free jam is skewed. I suppose that's a picky complaint too. lol
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:52 PM   #3  
What's this button do?

S/C/G: 323/282/150

Height: 5'6"

Burns me too. I emailed them about it requesting a change to keep you logged in, no reply and no change. I figure they're just in it to sell the software, and the more you have to log in the more you see the main page. Which is fine with me. In fact, I'd happily buy the software if it weren't Windows-only.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:32 PM   #4  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
No, it does that to me also. I would think the site would remember you for atleast an hour, but it doesn't. I guess we can't expect perfection for free.

I'm more ticked off that the calorie count/carbs for sugar-free jam is skewed. I suppose that's a picky complaint too. lol
Some of the calorie counts are definitely weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Burns me too. I emailed them about it requesting a change to keep you logged in, no reply and no change. I figure they're just in it to sell the software, and the more you have to log in the more you see the main page. Which is fine with me. In fact, I'd happily buy the software if it weren't Windows-only.
I bought it. I hate it.

I went back to using the online version.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:06 PM   #5  
Mel

Why do you hate it? I keep thinking about buying it, but having to retype all my custom foods puts me off.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:26 PM   #6  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Mel, Just another point of view. I love the PC Fitday. I wished there were some way to import the custom foods, but there isn't. However, creating a custom food is sooo much easier in the PC Fitday version.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:03 AM   #7  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
Why do you hate it? I keep thinking about buying it, but having to retype all my custom foods puts me off.

Mel
That was one of the reasons, but it's not a task that can't be accomplished over time. It's just a LOT of switching back and forth and putting in all of the information.

I just didn't like it. Some love it, some don't. For one, it doesn't alphabetize anything, so navigation to find a custom food is a pain in the butt. You have to just search for it because it's not going to be in alphabetical order.

That and I guess I like things plain and simple and fitday pc just had waaaaay too many extra "this and that's" for my taste. Some people, however, like a lot of extra features, so if you're one of those people, you may like it.

There are a couple of other reasons I stopped using it, but it's been so long now that I don't remember what all they are. I just didn't like the interface. And, again, finding a custom food was a royal pain. The categories were confusing and it just scrambled my mind, LOL.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:07 AM   #8  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtammy View Post
Mel, Just another point of view. I love the PC Fitday. I wished there were some way to import the custom foods, but there isn't. However, creating a custom food is sooo much easier in the PC Fitday version.
Really? I thought it was harder. The online version, to me, is so much easier to mess with. I got fitday and spent 2 or 3 days entering everything and it was a pain in the patootie! I decided "oh heck with this" and went back to the online version, LOL.

So our two posts prove the theory that you never know if you'll like it or not until you try it
Old 03-21-2007, 02:06 PM   #9  
Mel

LOL, I think I'll save my money! Thanks Tammy and Linda

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:14 PM   #10  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
LOL, I think I'll save my money! Thanks Tammy and Linda

Mel
The one advantage I can see to having the pc version is it's something I can fall back on should fitday ever go down for long periods of time or the site closes completely.

Other than that, they can keep it. I think the online version does just fine and it's basic. I like basic things, not having to sit there for an hour trying to figure out how to use something. Which is what I did. Maybe I'm just a total idiot, but after that hour was up, I was ripping my hair out.

I can't be totally crazy because there are a few others that said they hated the pc version as well. But honestly, there are more that like it than hate it.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I have the PC version, and I LOVE it. It doesn't matter if the foods don't go in alphabetically, you just start to type in what you're looking for and it will automatically bring up that food - no seaching required! The PC version has a lot more to it too, lots of graphs and it keeps track of everything! I think that having this program has helped me be so successful with my plan - keeps me accountable. I would buy it again at twice the price for what I get from it.
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:13 AM   #12  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Quadcrew View Post
I have the PC version, and I LOVE it. It doesn't matter if the foods don't go in alphabetically, you just start to type in what you're looking for and it will automatically bring up that food - no seaching required! The PC version has a lot more to it too, lots of graphs and it keeps track of everything! I think that having this program has helped me be so successful with my plan - keeps me accountable. I would buy it again at twice the price for what I get from it.
I wouldn't make a very good spokesperson for fitday pc, would I?

LOL

I still hate it. But it's kind of like asparagus...... some people like it, some people don't. It's definitely something you have to try to decide for yourself. I just find the online version so much easier to use.