Old 03-19-2007, 10:44 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Robin: Morning! Enjoy the coffee

Late start for the DD's....so a late start for me. Day 1 of induction
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:45 PM   #3  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Wasn't feeling well this weekend, Had to much cabbage at my corned beef dinner.Got up late,and now everything is going to be on the back burner. Don't have to worry as I'm retired and can do what I want without having a boss to respond too.

Nothing new, was going out to walk along the beach,but it was to cold and windy,so I have to reley on my trusty bike.

Robin & Brenda-Hi thanks for starting us up this week.

Going to have lunch

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:00 PM   #4  
Starting Over...again

S/C/G: 210/210/190

Height: 5'9"

Good morning all...hope ya'll don't mind that I jumped in. I'm starting (again) induction today. So far so good. I had 3 boiled eggs for breakfast, salad and tuna w/mayo and a pickle for lunch, probably bacon and eggs for supper, we'll see. I did Atkins about 3 years ago and lost a lot of weight and then lost my mind and quit, so of course it all came back and then I quit smoking and, oh my, all I wanted to do then was eat. Right now I'd like to loose about 40 lbs. so I'm starting over with what I hope is a new determination to win. Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone and I'll try to keep coming back. Hopefully ya'll can help keep me on track. Everyone, have a great day!
L8again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:21 PM   #5  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon,

l8again, welcom & Good luck on day 1 (and everyday) stick around.

BB, I hope your feeling better. One of my dreams is to live somewhere close to or on a beach, I love being near the water sooooooooo much!

Brenda, way to go with the belly ring!

I am restarting induction today also. I had a bit of a bad week last week, went back up 2 lbs, probably just water weight, but scared the crap out of me. was back down to 213.5 again this morning but this was the first week with no loss since I started.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:39 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

L8comer!

Dh and I were out looking at cars today....we really aren't car ppl, we are truck ppl, but with the gas prices we think its time to reconsider our desires. Anyway, we loved the mercury milan, and will be test driving an escape hybrid on wednesday!

BB, enjoy the beach!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:34 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

BB: I'd love to live on the beach! I bet that's an awesome place to walk! Glad you're feeling better!

Shelly: Welcome! Jump right in and make yourself and home!!

Punce: Don't worry about the 2 pounds. You're right, it's water weight and will go away!!

Robin: Good luck w/the vehicle hunting! I hear you on the truck vs. car likes. I'd prefer a truck....but will stick w/my car (because of the gas mileage thing)

I didn't get my water intake in...but my eating is OP. I'm going to consider it a success though. I've got to work on getting rid of the energy drinks I've been drinking. I only drink one a day...but it has aspartame and I think that prevents me from losing (and creates sugar cravings). I'm trying to figure out the best day to do that. Might have to wait for Thursday.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Hello again, just ducking in to get an update on yall and give you one on me. Again, hello all newcomers! I'm her so sporadically that the folks seem to change a lot. C'mon in the waters fine. Try to hang around.

My schedule was still crazy until this week - spring break from school is finally here so all I HAVE to do is work and pay taxes (literally - I'm taking the time to do our taxes!). My wt continues to drop even though I've had off days and on days. I've been very sick - so sick I told my husband to get me in at a Dr. ofc or get me in at the morgue. I have chronic sinus problems and they struck big time with a 103 temp. I even missed work (which is not normal for me).

I was off plan during sickness and dropped a couple pounds! I think I ate so little anyway it probably didn't add up to much of anything. Then was on plan. Then went off again during work this week - was so constipated (another abnormality for me - maybe from being sick not long ago and dehydrated?) then back on again today. Anyway, during it all I dropped 3 more pounds. Not the way to do it, BUT hey, worked out in the end!

I really miss you guys when I'm missing awhile! I got to get on here more regularly. You guys always help me stick with my plans better!
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:56 AM   #9  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Kel

I had been holding so much water the last couple days that my ankles were swollen to a point I couldnt see my ankle bones! Well after 1 full day of induction I can see my bones starting to poke back out! I suspect by day 3 they should be about back to normal. I had never seen my ankles like that, not even when I was pregnant......it scared me pretty good.

On to day 2 Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-20-2007, 11:15 AM   #10  
Starting Over...again

Good Morning everyone! I made it thru my first day on induction yesterday. I found myself wanting to eat all day. I did ok. Instead of getting "the bad stuff" I snacked on cheese, a couple of pickles and a small piece of beef jerkey. So far so good today, for breakfast I had 2 fried eggs with a slice of cheese between them and 3 small pcs of bacon. I'm going to have to eat something soon so I think I'm gonna get me a pickle. For lunch I brought me a salad with some turkey. Not sure what's for supper yet. Eight hamburger patties or some chicken w/salad. Anyway I hope everyone has a great day today.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:53 PM   #11  
beachbum

Good Afternoon Ladies

Today we're celebrating our 10th Annviersary retiring & moving to Cape Cod. We went out to lunch at the 99 Restaurant. I found out that they have lunch in to verisons reg and low carb.I was very pleased,as now I can keep to L/Cing without cheating.

Had a wonderful low carb meal at the 99 restaurant. I had 1/2 lb of marinated sirloin tips with broccoli and mashed cauliflower[ Surprise"Mashed Potato"] No appetizers or desserts so I sure this meal was scale friendly. We'll see on Friday.

My doctor called and said that my blood test from last week came back with great numbers.

my LDL=133,HDL=47,Total=212,Trigs=159 & my sugar=108.Eight [8] years ago my trigs were way over 300. Sb helped but not that much so I switch to low carbing,and finally I getting good results. Now only if my weight would go down,I'd really would be happy.

l8again- to the thread.I love this WOE as what I posted above.Not only does weight go down, but you get healthy numbers.My other love is to cook,so I found some low carb recipe web sites if your interested.

Punezilla:-Thanks my tummy is feeling better again, it had to be the cabbage that I had over the weekend. Sorry about your gain.Sometimes the body rests,and your numbers might go up and down before it settles.I been there,but I found that going back to 20-25 grams kept me on the maintaining mode,but once I added more carbs I started to lose again. Might not work for you,I'm up to 30-32 carbs per day.

Robin:-Good Lucky Car hunting. Hope you find one that you like. There are so many companies & cars to choose from.We love the Toyotas,we have a Avalon. It was TOO COLD & WINDY to walk on the beach,but when it gets warmer I be out there. You must be retaining lost of water,Id you eat someing salty or with hight amount of sodium. In the winter I sometimes get lazy and buy soup instead of making the soup from scratch and my weight goes up from water.

Brenda:-I'd stay away from those sports drinks they have lot of suger in them. Lemonade from crystal lite is a good one to take.Like I posted to Robin much to cold to beach walk,have to wait until its get warmer.

Kel:-Sorry about your sinus condition.I sinus problems also,but never that serious. Hope you're feeling better now.Congrats on your 3 lbs off,but not that way. I use S/F Metamucil power mixed with water to get my fiber in. I take it 3 X's day before 15 M before a meal. Its a natural fiber made from corn psyllium husk.

Have a great one

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:58 PM   #12  
Lovin' Life

Hiya Shelley, I found I snacked wayyyy too much on cheese (cuz I love it) so now I buy the preshredded stuff. Its alot harder for me to snack on that Anyway, great job getting thru day 1!!

Well, dh and I just got back from a full afternoon of car shopping. We will buy a ford because dh is a ford retiree, and we get the ford plan pricing. So far we really like the fusion, and focus with the street package. It was kinda cool on the test drive I drove thru a parking lot that had state troopers driving skill pylons set up. I think they were all on lunch because there wasnt anyone around. So it was really cool to take the fusion thru those pylons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way cool! Way fun to drive!! Then dh was driving the focus (red) street package (looks kinda like those souped up civics) and guess who got pulled over for speeding!!! It was just too funny, 2 old folks driving this little tricked out car! So we decided we didnt want the red

We actually brought the silver focus street pkg car home over night. We really like it. We also think this particular car will be a good purchase for our business. This we decided after some young guy came up to us and asked us what kind of car we were driving and what year it was.....the young fella was impressed!! So right away Im thinking about what types of graphics to put on the car to help our business!!

Ok, thats it for my day, it was easy staying op when I was driving test courses and laughing at dh for getting pulled over Hopefully tonight will be just as easy.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:44 AM   #13  
Baby Steps

Kel: Hopefully you get the sinus problems under control! Glad to hear you're feeling better

Shelly: Sounds like you've done great! Definitely watch the intake of cheese. If nothing else, eat more veggies. And don't forget the water--it helps take away the empty stomach feeling.

BB: Great to hear your test results are going down!! That is awesome! And finding a good restaurant--WTG w/staying OP!!

Robin: lol@ DH getting a ticket. I heard red vehicles attracted the most attention..but guess this should prove it. Glad to hear the ankles are coming back WTG on staying OP and getting your water in!

Yesterday was good eating wise. Almost got all the water in--so hopefully today I can actually do that. Gave up the energy drinks yesterday--which I'm sure is why I got the monster headache. Already I'm not feeling as bloated though.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:20 AM   #14  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

I always find if fascinating.....the changes in our bodies on atkins. The sleepyness has started, (this morning) the headaches are pretty much gone, my hair gets soooooooooo much curlier, and Ive got 4lbs of water gone. No wonder I couldnt see my ankles

Brenda~ I cant drink those energy drinks, I get whopper headaches too. I think its from the all the splenda (in the diet energy drinks). I cant drink too much splenda (or any artificial sweetener) or I get headaches and chest pains. Break out some green tea for caffeine maybe instead. Or make a green tea iced tea.

I dont know what dh has planned for us today, driving around in the car I imagine I've been telling him for the last 2 days I had work to do. But he keeps making me wait

Thats about it for now......have a great day ladies.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:01 AM   #15  
Starting Over...again

Good Morning Everyone, Here we go with day 3. Yesterday I drank so much water my organs were floating in it. I wasn't really hungry through the day but I found that I kept wanting to eat. I didn't want anything in particular, I just wanted to eat. Does this happen often? I ate way more salad yesterday than I'm supposed to on induction but it helped to keep me away from the Dorito's. I bet I probably had 8 cups. I'm going to try to be way better today. Is it ok that I snack on pickles? The jar say 0 carbs. So far so good with headaches and sleepyness. Not having that yet but I expect it anytime.

Anyway Ya'll have a great day today and thanks for the words of encouragement!!!!!