Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 06:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again Weekly Thread #1098

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 03-19-2007, 06:52 AM   #2  

Hello All,

I'm back. I decided that I have been away too long and have been missing you all, so it's time to start posting again. I want to thank you all for your kind messages, PMs and emails, it meant a lot knowing I had so many people keeping me in their thoughts and prayers. A special thanks to Annie and Sharon too for letting people know how I've been.

I don't really know a lot more than the last time I posted, I don't know the date mum died, why she died or even when her funeral is. The family over there that are taking care of everything don't seem to realise that I am desperate over here wanting to know what's happened etc. My cousin promised me that nothing would happen re the funeral etc without my knowing, so I guess there's a hold up somewhere. Anyway when I know anything I'll let you know.

I've been doing ok really. I have had my bad days, really bad ones, but I've also had good days. Yesterday was surprisingly one of my good days, surprising because it was Mothers Day here. I was a little down in the morning but I knew mum would want me to enjoy my day with my family so I pulled myself together and did indeed enjoy my day of being spoiled. Just in case anybody's worried that I have forgotten how to smile, I haven't, and to prove it I am going to go put a picture on the picture page in a minute of me and Beth yesterday

I've started going to the gym twice a week instead of just the once, and in the time I've been away from the board I've managed to increase my time on the elliptical to a whopping 10 minutes Oh well, it's better than when I started. I really enjoy working out, it definitely helps to clear the mind. Since I last posted I have lost another 7 lbs, 3 one week, and 2 the next two weeks including today's WI. I didn't want to use mum's death as an excuse to back slide. She always worried about my size and I know she was thrilled that I had started dieting and was doing so well with my weight loss. There's no way she would be happy to know I quit because of grieving. So I haven't!

I perused the boards while I wasn't posting, I didn't read every post, or if I did I just didn't take them in. But the things that I know I wanted to mention are to...

Brenda - nearly at 100 lbs lost, that's wonderful.

Jill - congratulations on your engagement.

Sandy - I hope things are calmer with your SD now. Email me anytime you want to vent or anything.

Erika Leigh - I'm glad Amanda will be having the surgery, any idea of a date yet? I bet you both can't wait to have it done and over with.

Zelma - sorry you are having a hard time of it. I hope today is a good day for you.

Sharon - so glad to hear you have done so well with the weight loss since starting your Cambridge Diet.

I can't think of what else I wanted to say, so I'll finish up now. Again thank you all for your support and friendship over the last couple of weeks

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 03-19-2007, 07:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Wow, Peggy, WELL DONE!!! I must get on my bike more often. Is yours an exercise one or a 'real' one? I hope you friends' comments have spurred you on, nothing like compliments to make us perk up & stay OP!!xxxxxxx
AMMI!!!! So glad you're back, LOVED the pics you posted (& the ones in the email) you look so much like your mum!!! & Beth had red hair!!!! What a suprise, I thought she was always dark!!! I'm glad you took yesterday as a celebration, rather than brooding over your mum. I know she'll be SO proud of you staying OP.xxxxxx
Well I have to go now, it's been really hectic here, my mum & dad stayed on Thursday to this morning (they're going to Spain again) & we had an early birthday dinner for my mum, with a huge turkey. It was like Christmas as Steve's brother came too AND it snowed!!!! I had a pretty busy day AND a FAB suprise, not only a card from my oldest son but A HUGE bouquet too!!!!! I almost fainted!!! lol Anyone who's seen my posts knows he can be a bit of a 'handful'/pain in the bum.
xxxxsharon
Old 03-19-2007, 08:45 AM   #4  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Chimi~In the US we call your pogo stick a corn dog, or at least by the description you gave. They are wonderful. I haven't had one in a very. very long time. I too, have been struggling the past couple weeks. I'm sure I've had a gain, but am too upset with myself to get on the scale. I go back to the dr today, so I'll have to get on the scale there. I know the days I get on the gazelle I do
feel better and have a better chance of staying op. And of course, water. I don't understand why it helps exactly, but it does.

Lisa~Your brother's H.A.L.T. absolutely applies to me. Maybe that's why I have been struggling so the past week or so.

Erika~Ditto on what Wyllenn said! Sorry I haven't emailed you. I haven't hardly even checked my email. Hugs to you.

Annie~Way to go on your exercise minutes. I'm gonna update mine minutes this evening.

Ammi~My dear friend, I am so sorry I haven't emailed you lately, I promise to get one off to you soon.

Sharon~How good of your son to send you flowers. You described my sons exactly. When ever one of them does something thoughtful (lol for one of them) it really takes me by surprise, and means a lot.

Sorry not too many personals today. I need to get ready to go to the dr. Til later,
Old 03-19-2007, 08:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies!

Just jumping in quickly to say thanks for the sweet wishes for my Sammi! She is doing fine. She seems to be following in her mother's footsteps by being a clutz!

Ammi: Sorry to hear about your mom...I am glad you are back and am looking foward to getting to know you

Time to get ready for work...I hope everyone has a Great OP day!

Donna
Old 03-19-2007, 09:07 AM   #6  

Sharon - thanks for the welcome back. So glad to hear you had a lovely Mother's Day and that you even got a card and flowers from your eldest!!! Did Steve get you something from the younger boys?

Glad you liked the photos, I guess Beth did look like she had red hair in those photos, I guess it was a strawberry blonde, she always goes much lighter in the summer months.

Your mum's early birthday celebrations sounded great, did you have to do all that cooking and sit there and drink your cambridge diet meal?? If you managed that then I really have to give you kudos for that, I know I couldn't have done it!

Sandy - off to the docs again? I hope the appt goes OK. No worries about emailing, just write when you feel up to it. I know from experience that if I'm not in the mood to write then I just can't do it.

Donna - hello and I guess a belated from me. I normally post daily, sometimes many times a day. I needed a bit of a break after I found out about my mum, but it's good to be back. Thank you for your condolonces.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 03-19-2007, 09:22 AM   #7  

good morning everyone. Ammi a great big hug to you on your WI and i am so glad to see you posting again!not much to talk about today gotta get off here and clean my house a little bit my sister is coming over today for the night.so i just wanted to say congratulations to all on the WI!
Old 03-19-2007, 10:33 AM   #8  

Hello everyone! Just a quick post as I have a hearing about to start and should be concentrating on that.

Ammi - It's good to see you back and I'm glad you are doing okay. Stellar work on the weight loss and the elliptical. Took me quite a while to get up to 10 minutes too. But you'll see, soon you'll be even higher!

Confession time for Lilion. I've had a very rough couple of weeks diet-wise. I haven't been journaling, eating right or exercising. I never realized how obessively single-minded I am about things, but I seem to only concentrate on one thing at a time. Right now I'm in home-improvement/remodeling mode. I was SO obsessed with hitting 100 lbs lost and as soon as I did it's like my brain said "DONE! Next project please." But I don't want to be stuck and I certainly don't want to backslide. I KNOW I've gained weight in the last two weeks. Wednesday's WI will tell how much damage I've done. I'm going to TRY to be VERY good til then. We'll see. I haven't been exercising even! Working on the bath I'm just so tired in the mornings I've been oversleeping. That just has to stop! I've GOT to get back on the elliptical and I've been on the (horribly expensive) Bowflex all of ONCE since we bought it! I'm just so mad at myself and yet I still don't seem to get back in gear!

Got to run, I'm late.

Oh ANNIE! - WTG on the loss I saw!
Old 03-19-2007, 11:34 AM   #9  

Patti - hi, thanks for the welcome back. I love seeing your ticker being at 280, just one more little lb and you'll be in the 270s, come on, you can do it. No being naughty with the food when your sister is there. Well not unless you can exercise to help work off your indulgences Have a lovely time with your sister.

Lilion - it's good to be back, I have missed you all. Thanks for the welcome back. I am sorry you've had a bit of a rough time of it diet wise since hitting 100 lbs. I did exactly the same thing, and that week I lost zilch. I got back on track though and I am sure you will do the same especially with that lovely expensive Bow Flex screaming at you to get your money's worth Now that we pay to go to the gym you can mark my words that unless we are snowed in or I have a broken bone we will definitely be going regularly. Paying for something is definitely a brilliant incentive to use it! Good luck with your WI on Wednesday, I really hope it's not as bad as you think it will be.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 03-19-2007, 11:55 AM   #10  

Ammi i will try to behave myself mostly lol i do eat healthy all weekend though and i am planning on a good weeks worth of exercise... i gotta get into those durn 270s! look at you almost in wonderland... i applaude you!
Old 03-19-2007, 12:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ammi -- Great to see you back! So great! And thanks for starting the thread this week!

Lilion -- I also had a lull after losing 100 pounds. It happens!

No time for more personals -- I have to finish cleaning the house for company. My friend is staying over and we're doing a spa day!!!! Back exfoliations and then manicures and pedicures! Should be fun!

Hubby, who's been travelling every week is home this week -- he injured his food (either sprained or stress fracture) and is on crutches. It's great to have him home, but he can't walk, so I'm doing a lot of running around!
Old 03-19-2007, 12:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Peggy: Congrat on the -5 and also on meeting your Easter goal. Way to go girl.

Ammi: Wow, another 7 down in light of all you have been going through is so amazing. You are doing so well my friend. What an inspiration. Hugs.

Sharon: So glad that you had a great Mother's Day. How is the diet going?

Sandy: Good luck at the Dr. Hope your wi isn't nearly as awful as you are thinking.

Lilion: Okay you. You have to do your bowflex cause I want one and I need for you to test it out and see how it works first. lol. Hugs to you.

Patti: Have fun with your sister. My 3 sisters and their kids are coming so very soon. I can't wait. Hugs.

Well, I didn't make it to the pool this am. So, tomorrow for sure. lol. I have plenty of household chores to keep me busy. Hope everyone is having a wonderful op day.
Blessings,
Annie

Xena where are you, VAl oh val where are you guys? Miss you both.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 310/289/170

Height: 5'9"

Hey everybody, good morning to you all. I hope everyone had a good weekend.
Ammi- glad to see you back

Lillion- I am sorry it is so hectic for you but I have to concur on the bowflex, you have to use it so we all know if they are good or not. I have heard so much hype on them, keep us updated....

Well, I am going to try and keep updated on the thread this week, it is really fast though. I am doing great on excercise, and only slightly waiver on the diet. It is rare now days though. My body just doesn't like to let go of wieight, so we shall see what Tuesday's WI is like. Well here goes another crazy day of housecleaning and kid taxiing! Love yall
Carolyn
Old 03-19-2007, 12:54 PM   #14  

Annie i know you will have great fun when your sisters come.. and you deserve it to!
Old 03-19-2007, 02:38 PM   #15  
aka Karen

S/C/G: 299/293.5/175

WOW, so many posts, so little time! I'm happy to report that I believe the stress eating is becoming a thing of the past....as in last week! I am hoping to get back on track and so far, things seem to be going well. A nice solid 20 minutes of circuit training with weights and aerobics. I know that's not much compared to a lot of you, but I haven't seriously exercised in a really long time. I'm hoping to build my resistance up over the next month or so.

Sandy, good luck with that dr visit and WI.

Carolyn, sounds like you are one busy chickie! Keep up the good work!

Ammi, welcome back! Your post is quite inspiring and sounds positive. Hugs to you...
Closed Thread