Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:04 AM   #1  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Default Featherweights Planning for Mar 12th to 18th

Hello all!

Well yesterday was a bust However I am so carbed up that this week I am going to have a big ole run this lunchtime in the sunshine, I'm also going to cycle to work on Wednesday if this glorious weather continues.

We had a huge meal last night and I'm so full that it's 9am and I haven't eaten breakfast yet - we usually brekky at 7am!

So plan for this week - CARDIO and less food.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I kinda carbed it up this weekend too. I had excellent intentions to start this week better ... right up until ... I had a crying friend show up on my doorstep this morning with coffee and muffins. I'll gladly eat a muffin with a crying friend. By the time we got her patched up and off to work, we'd laughed off a few calories, I'm sure.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/168.5/140

Height: 5'5

I had a great weekend, it was very physically busy and I stayed on my points so when I weigh myself on Wednesday hopefully there will be a loss. Hope everyone has a great day!
lpgoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:45 AM   #4  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Default Thanks for the accountability

I really love this forum for it's accountability. It's really helping me stay on plan of being active every day this month.

Because of my great med that has changed my appetite and food preferences, I've got the eating thing under control. In fact, sometimes I have to remind myself to eat. Last night I had a healthy salad with teriyaki baked tofu because DH had gone to his mother's for dinner. (I always over eat when I'm at my MIL's, but that's a whole other post for another day.)

What I've always struggled with my whole life is sticking with an exercise plan. For the past two weeks, I've been using this forum and the On Plan forum as my reward for doing my daily routine.

It's so nice to be in a supportive community. Thank you to each and everyone of you.
clvquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:46 AM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

I did ok this weekend I was down 2# this morning : ...

The plan for this week more of the same ... I get so tired of doing the same thing, over and over ... Oh, well, c'est la vie!

Gym done this morning, chest and triceps... It was a quicky workout since DD and I are going somewhere today because it's our March break...

TTFN ... Let's be careful out there!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Hi all,

Went to a friends house last night. Did pretty well considering. Only had one drink but I am sure feeling it this morning. Thinking about giving up alcohol completely. Todays run was awful. But I powered through so thats good and I didn't eat my friends out of house and home. damage was kept to a minimum.

Congrats on the 2# Ilene!
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by clvquilts View Post

What I've always struggled with my whole life is sticking with an exercise plan. For the past two weeks, I've been using this forum and the On Plan forum as my reward for doing my daily routine.
Carolyn~I'm glad I'm not alone with this problem. Perhaps I should consider doing something like this.

Ilene~WTG!!!! 2 pounds!!!!

Hiker~sorry to hear your drink soured your run. I know how you feel, though.

Susan~so if I show up on your doorstep you'll let me cry on your shoulder? Not that I have anything to cry about right now....

Frus~isn't having lovely weather, just, lovely? It is so beautiful here--highs just below 90, evenings so crisp and fresh with the citrus trees in bloom. It's heaven scent!

lpgoad~good luck on your weigh-in!

My weight is up from the low on Sunday, but still 2 pounds less than my usual Monday weigh-in. Salads are in store for lunch and dinner today and I'm going to try to stay away from the wine all week (well, up until Friday that is).

Everyone have a great day!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:29 PM   #8  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I came down with the stomach flu at the end of my trip last week. The good news is that I couldn't eat for 24 hours and dropped 6 lbs in one day! For one day I had an almost flat stomach.

The bad news is that now that I've started eating again, it's all back and I'm still waiting to see how high my weight goes before it levels off. This is the second time this year I've had the stomach flu and it bites. I still can't eat fully normal foods yet, but every day I get a little closer. At the end of last week, I was eating a lot of white carbs and fruit, it was about all I could stomach. Last night I had some vegetable soup with mild turkey sausage in it and it went down fine, so today I think I might even add back dairy!

I also missed two days of exercise because of the flu, but I've been back on track, at least in terms of quantity if not quality, since Friday.

So my goal this week is to get back to my regular diet, including standard amounts of protein, dairy, etc. and hope my weight levels off so that maybe next week I can get back to the business of losing.

It's interesting to her you mention how great the weather is Fru! I've read a couple of postings from people in a wide range of localities mentioning great weather and we are also having a little spurt of sunny and warm weather here in the bay area, CA--a full 14-hour plane ride away from you. It's so warm, if it lasts through Thurs, I think I may go swimming at our local outdoor pool (I can't get there until then, unfortunately). Strange how everyone is having great weather at the same time.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #9  

Yes, Allison, you can cry on my shoulder if you need to. Any of you! But please come in the morning ... I find it so exhausting ... emotionally draining. Both my DH and DD told me to go have a nap. I think I will.
A little more 3FC, a load of laundry and a nap. Sounds like a good day to me.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:11 PM   #10  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Good morning. Sounds like everyone is doing really well with eating & exercising (or just getting back on track and that is very important too).

Today will be a tough eating day for me only because I got up at 6 am and have to work some overtime from 3:30 pm-12:30 am so by the time I get home and in bed it will be 2 am so I have to try to spread my eating out for 20 hours.

I got up this morning and went to Curves and then went and had a manicure/pedicure done. I think I may try to fit in a couple hour nap before I go to work.

Allison-my son's school pretty much plays only schools in this area (although they are going to Palm Desert this week but it's a non-league match) but he does play in tournaments on his own and we usually go to San Diego & LA for those.

Hope everyone has a great day. Talk to you later. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 157/153.5/128

Height: 5'5"

Talking

Now this is the forum that will hopefully keep me going.... Ok my plan for the week is Gym Mon-Friday with Cardio for 30 minutes, Abs and alternate upper and lower body. Saturday I'm going to take the kids swimming at the gym's pool, and then Sunday is my FREE DAY!!!!
I need to give a big thank you kiss to my husband for kicking me out of bed and getting me going.... I was starting to make excuses why I couldn't go to the gym this morning. But I went and I feel GREAT! My butt is going to KILL me tomorrow. I've been eating well so far today. I had hard boiled egg whites and a strawberry/orange soy smoothie for breakfast, a brocoli mac n cheese for lunch (a recipe I got from The Best Life Diet... it's really good) and I had a few sliced peaches and a piece of ham because my stomach started growling 2 hours after lunch. Anyway... I feel good and I'm going to try to embrace this moment so I can remember it tomorrow morning when I start making excuses again.... Congrats to all and your goals and THANK YOU for the motivation.
ChocoBroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:19 PM   #12  

And now you have to come back every day ChocoBroc .... fess it up, the good and the bad.
For instance you can come back and read your own cheerful and optimistic post.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:50 PM   #13  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Ya did good, Susan, helping a friend through a tough time.

Oh, Blue! Life's not fair! (except for the momentarily flat tummy) Hope you continue feeling better.

Welcome, ChocoBroc. The recipe sounds good. A friend of mine made one recently - cauliflower and cheese with cauliflower substituting for the macaroni. Surprisingly good.

greatchoice, getting in the nap will help with the day's eating plan.

Allison, sounds like a definite week-over-week loss to me. Good job.

hikerchick, sorry it made the fun tough. (hmmm... ... that was a typo. Meant to say "sorry it made the RUN tough". But actually, same thing! Gotta admit, having a drink messes up both sometimes, and it may be worthwhile to dump it.)

Ilene, I hate to think of you getting run down with same old same old, but a 2 pound loss is very INTERESTING and MOTIVATING.

What med is it that you switched, Carolyn? Let your doctor know your experience (I'm sure you have).

Glad you had a good weekend, lpgoad. I find myself more with Fru and Susan on the whole carbs thing.

Hoping for a calmer week in which I'm calling my own shots and having some alone-time. That usually helps with every healthy habit! Need to run over to Ilene's exercise thread and report! Ya'll take care, now!
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:58 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

ChocBroc~Wow, aren't you lucky to have a DH who pushes you!!! My DH would help me come up with new excuses not to exercise!!! Welcome!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:14 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 157/153.5/128

Height: 5'5"

Talking

Yes, alinnell, I am very lucky... I don't mean to brag (ok, yes I do) but I truely have the BEST husband in the whole wide world. I know, this is my third marriage!!! It took me a few years to realize that I deserve a good man in my life and when I did, POOF, he came into my life. He will tell you the opposite, but we both went through some horrible relationships. Maybe that's why we appreciate each other so much.
Anyway, Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.... I think I'm going to like it here =)
ChocoBroc is offline   Reply With Quote