General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 08:38 PM   #1  

Default Do you have a nickname, what is it and why?

I have so much work to do but just don't feel like doing it, so here I am creating another mindless thread
Old 03-17-2007, 09:00 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Shelby you didn't tell us your nickname

Would you believe that I have NO nickname at all, never did either, how boring am I?.... Well unless you think "Ilene the bean" is one but my g/f calls me that only when she first sees me, if she hasn't seen me in a while, and that's the only time she mentions it...
Old 03-17-2007, 09:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

My name is Nicole and people call me Nikki. Fascinating nickname, ain't it.

However, for some reason the guys at work call my husband (John) Deacon...
Old 03-17-2007, 10:03 PM   #4  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

My name is Rebecca so I have the standard Becca/Becky nicknames. My cousin used to call me Joey (because my middle name is Jo), my older nephews say my name in pig latin, and then my niece calls me Bec (which started out as Buck, when she was first learning to talk). I also had the lovely nickname 'shorty' in school, because I'm vertically challenged :P
Old 03-17-2007, 10:44 PM   #5  

Okay, to completely confuse -- Shelby is actually the name of a cat I had, but I use it for my screen name all the time. Real name is Susan -- Sue for short, so when I was a nanny the kids called me "Sue Who". Pretty boring too!!
Old 03-17-2007, 11:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 145/130/125

Height: 5'5"

Um, these ain't impressive so far. Haaaaa! Just kidding!

Nikko, I did laugh at the John/Deacon thing...very strange.

Ok, a few of my nicknames are Piggy, Pigcini, Sow...do you see a pattern? It all started bc I was comparing my pinkish arm next to my friend's yellow-toned arm. I said she looked like chicken and I looked like pork. So I became the other white meat. I often get answering machine messages that start off, "Hi Piggy!" And for some reason my mom thought I was collecting pigs/pig-related items (which I wasn't) and started telling everyone in my family that I was, so now I guess I am by default, bc everyone buys me pig paraphernalia!!!!
Old 03-18-2007, 12:29 AM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

SIMPLE:

I was born a preemie...brother died at birth

I am GERALD ~ GARY

he was JERALD ~ JERRY

I have been called: Daddy long legs (height of course) jr. high thing ~ SLICK ~ and GM (my initials) and EZMONEY because I am good at my job...but...

most everyone calls me GARY

Last edited by EZMONEY; 03-18-2007 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 149/149/120

Height: 5'2"

Well, my husband calls me Dew... I'd like to think it has something poetic to do with the lovely morning dew that blah, blah, blah... but I know it's because I'm really a Mountain Dew sucker...lol.
I am not very graceful, so I used to be called Grace, and along the same note, a friend of mine used to call me Gumby. The reason being, I was a tend to run into walls, fall down the stairs and things like that (though luckily not too often), bounce off things and just keep going like nothing happened. LOL, I guess I just learned to adjust...heheheh
Take care,
Ciao
Old 03-18-2007, 01:53 AM   #9  
Pending Email Confirmation

Lizziness is one of them, and any form of Elizabeth really .. including Lizard which stuck with me so much I got a lizard tattoo. Lizziness came about when I asked my hubby what he loved about me and he said it was my general Lizzie-ness. Cute.
I have had other names in the past, but that is where they shall stay, thank you very much.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:51 AM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Lizziness, I have a friend Elizabeth, she has a few nicknamesm just like you - Lizzy and Lizard. I like how your Lizziness came about.

One nickname that stands out is Pickle, when I was growing up, like before til I was about 10 or so, I was as skinny as a pickle, skinnier in fact. Mindboggling, ain't it?
Old 03-18-2007, 08:29 AM   #11  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

My nickname is Dee. Not giving my real name out over the web but it doesn't even begin with that letter. When I was about 4 I learnt the word "delicious" and wandered around telling everyone who would listen to me that I was delicious. I said it so often that it stuck and I ended up being called Dee.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:39 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

My husband calls me Ames Jo. (prounounced Amos-my first name is Amy.)

He "picks" at me all the time, and years ago, there was a department store called Ames (pronounced AIMS) and he pronounced it AMOS instead-and I corrected him, and he kept mispronouncing it to drive me insane. Then he started calling ME the mispronunciation. The "Jo" came, because Amy was a very popular name in our age bracket-and almost every Amy in her thirties has either Jo or Lynn as their middle name. (For some reason, my parent's generation thought that Jo, Lynn, and Ann were the only female middle names available. )

So...people always assumed that my middle name was Jo, even though it isn't. DH eventually added that on to the Ames mispronunciation, and I have been called that by him for about 8 years.

He also calls me "Swee" instead of sweetie, or sweetheart. I DO like that one.

My third nickname is my stage name-Ambriehl Saroj. Ambriehl was part of an anagram of my full birth name, and Saroj is a word from India meaning lotus.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:41 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 170cm

Well...thanks to a creditable effort on the booze at my Year 12 (senior year?) Formal (prom?) after-party...I became "Tipsy Pickle"

I think I was trying to explain that I wasn't tipsy, merely 'pickled'. Then I had grand visions of intoxicated pickles...then I decided I was one. "I'm a tipsy pickle!!!!!!"

*sigh* *shakes head*

Kylie
Old 03-18-2007, 07:11 PM   #14  

Height: 5'6"

My friends at school and boyfriend call me Rin. It's way back from when I was 12-13 years old. I used to like the character from Final Fantasy 8 named Rinoa, and it was my screen name. So people called me Rin. And sometimes Rinny. I think it's cute.

My grandma calls me Possum, I don't know why.

And my dad used to call me Worm Meat when I was little.

Manny is used a lot, too. And so is Manda.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:12 PM   #15  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Most of my family calls me Sis or Nee Nee. When I was in school my nickname was Neeter Skeeter.

And for some strange reason my mom always called me FloosyMoosy.
Closed Thread