Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 09:48 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Smile Marvellous in March challenge

Well I'm feeling the winter blues these day, is anyone else?

Time for a new challenge!

If you want to join in just list your goals for this month (lbs to lose, fitness goals or anything else you want).

Good luck to everyone!
Old 03-06-2007, 10:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: s/c/g: 173/167.8/130

Height: 5'4

Hello. I am definitely read for Spring to start!!! I live in Western NY and it's freezing here! My goals for March are...

Fitness Goals: Be able to run 10 minutes without stopping
Weight Goals: Lose 8 pounds (down 5.2 already, but that's the one I used on the March Weight Loss Challenge)
Minutes Exercised: 1000 (I'm still semi-new at exercise )
Old 03-07-2007, 10:29 AM   #3  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

cytheria21 - I miss Western NY!!! Not the cold, just the place, the people, the hockey, the radio stations & the food. I am from Buffalo.

I am ready to make a few goals.
~Make sure I take my Vitamins every day
~Walk for at least 15 minutes EVERY day
~Make sure I eat 3-4 servings of fruits & veggies every day

None of those are very big goals, but what I really need to start doing. I am bit better at taking babysteps and sticking with it then diving in head first and getting overwhelmed.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:09 AM   #4  

My goal - I'm currently 212 - I wanna be 200. Like REALLY want to be 200. I think I just need to finally hit my first number milestone just to feel like I'm accomplishing something. I know 12 pounds in a month is a lot, so my goal this month is to be right next-door to 200 by the end of the month. Basically, by mid April I should be focused on being 190. Wish me luck!
Old 03-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: s/c/g: 173/167.8/130

Height: 5'4

Squeaker: I actually live about 45 minutes from Buffalo! Small world!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:12 PM   #6  

My goals for this month are:

Drink more water each day
Start training with hand weights to build up the strength in my arms
Keep my food journal on a daily basis

Old 03-09-2007, 04:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/159/148

Height: 5'6"

Ooooohh! I need to get in on the March challenge. I've missed not having something to be accountable for so far this month.

My goals:

I will exercise while traveling. I have at least two more overnight trips this month and probably a third so I can't use traveling as an excuse.

I'd like to lose 3 lbs this month.

I need to come up with an alternative for my spinach and tuna salad for lunch.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:04 AM   #8  

Height: 172cm

I need to exercise more! My job changed a month ago, and instead of the hour long commute wherein I had a solid, hilly, 25 minute walk followed by dealing with the metro and then another hilly 15 minute walk (each way), I now have (seriously!!!!) my own private driver to take me to work, which is quite far out of town, on a major freeway in an industrial zone. I now work just 4 days a week, but 4 very long days, locked up in a classroom in a big corporation with fluorescent lights and recycled air and elevators instead of stairs. So although my job (as a language teacher) involves a lot of standing and moving ( writing on whiteboards for 8 hours a day does wear out the shoulder sockets!!) and the free lunches and dinners are healthy and there is a water cooler just outside my classroom and my room is at the far end of everything so I'm constantly running back and forth between my room, the office, the loo, etc, I have no time during those 4 intense days to exercise in any formal, structured way-- I'm out the door at 7am, back in around 9pm.

I'm jealous of my flatmate who recently quit her job because she is going to pilates several times a week... and I want to as well but the times just don't work. Here in Turkey we really don't have the choices available that you do in north America-- gyms are super expensive and located in far away posh suburbs (I live in the city centre- good for cafes and pedestrianised street strolling and general funkiness) and things like yoga classes are way out of my price range and usually timed to be convenient for rich housewives. It's frustrating. It never bothered me before because I walked so much, but now that my walking is cut back i feel like I need something else....

So.

Long story short: I have friday-saturday-sunday off each week, and I'm going to do a lot of walking for pleasure, I'm going to eat well, drink lots of water, and take care of myself as much as possible. During the mon-thurs marathon, i'm going to try to squeeze in a bit of weights when I come home twice a week, and some exercises I can do at home (maybe some yoga in the kitchen! I have a tiny flat...). I will not make myself feel powerless just because my current situation doesn't give me as much opportunity to move as I did before: at least now I am eating regularly, I am eating well, I'm getting tons of veggies, and I don't snack at all because I have no time!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:10 PM   #9  

Doing well so far on the water, not so much on the weights or the journal .
Old 03-23-2007, 02:02 PM   #10  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeaker View Post
I am ready to make a few goals.
~Make sure I take my Vitamins every day
~Walk for at least 15 minutes EVERY day
~Make sure I eat 3-4 servings of fruits & veggies every day
Well, I have only missed my vitamins once. I am doing ok with the fruits, & veggies but not great. As for the walking... That isn't going nearly as well. *sigh* Oh well. I have to keep at it.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:20 PM   #11  

Well, I started March at the same weight I'm ending it, so the challenge didn't go so well. I'm thinking that next month I'm going to work on intentional eating. Hmmmm...
Old 03-31-2007, 11:36 PM   #12  

I lost 2lbs!
Closed Thread