General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 04:33 PM   #1  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Sick Child

I took the kids to the doctor on Friday for checkups. Both have allergies. The doctor prescribed Nasonex spray, Zyrtec and Claritin.
Mikaela was running a low grade fever so he added an antibiotic for her but said to wait and see if she got worse. She was fine until Sunday. She came home from visiting her dad and had a high fever. She had been vomiting and wasnt feeling well. So I got the Z Pack filled.

Shes got a horrible cough. She sounds like a dog barking. I kept her home from school Mon and Tues. I took her back to the doctor yesterday. Now she has croup. So he gave her Tylenol w/ codeine so she can get some sleep and a steroid for the inflammation in her chest. He instructed me to give her breathing treatments as well. He said she wasnt contagious and was fine to return to school. Just not let her go to PE or recess because running around and getting hot makes her cough more.

She was just fine this morning so I sent her to school but had to go get her around lunch. She was running a fever, vomiting and had diarrhea. Her teacher said she coughing non stop.

So I guess she has a few days off.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:48 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

My goodness, she doesn't sound well enough to go to school! I hope she feels better soon. Prayers for her health!
Old 03-15-2007, 10:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

That bites. Hope she gets better soon and also hope that you don't catch what she has.

Tiki
Old 03-15-2007, 11:41 AM   #4  
Yee Haw!

Shes feeling a tad better today. At least shes not running a fever.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:43 AM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

The docs have told me there are a lot more illnesses going around this year than there have been in previous years. The baby's been sick over and over, as well as my husband. I did good at warding it all off until this last one and I finally caught it myself. The doc dubbed it gastrointeritis, but I'm thinking it was this new virus they talked about on the news the other night. Said it causes diahrreah and vomitting, chills and fever. Had all those. They said it's very hard on the very young and the elderly. Both the baby and I caught this on the tail end of a flu, or maybe it was just the final stages of something we already had, I dunno. But it's been a really nasty year.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:51 AM   #6  

We have been sick this year more so than others. It started Superbowl weekend with a stomach bug that hit my entire family (DH, DS, DD, parents and sister and husband). Next, headcolds for DS and me. I also heard strep went around in Feb. before vacation but luckily we escaped that (that hit us all two yrs ago around Easter).

Myself and kids have very bad alergies - I am taking us all to an alergist this year - just done fooling around with over the counter items, nose sprays and Claratin.

Sounds like you all need a week to recover. I would bleach everything if I were you - sheets, towels bathrooms. If you can empty the house and air it out, that might be helpful.

Do you get a flu shot? We get them every year and outside of what I mentioned, we're pretty healthy.

Get well! Sue
Old 03-18-2007, 06:54 PM   #7  
Yee Haw!

No we havent had flu shots.

Mikaela had been feeling better. She spent the night with her dad. She came home earlier complaining that she didnt feel good. She went to bed and is still asleep. I checked on her a few minutes ago and shes running a fever again.

I guess its back to the doctors office tomorrow.
Closed Thread