Old 03-15-2007, 07:39 AM   #1  
Nisha

S/C/G: 248.4/228.2/165

Default I'm stuck and I won't go down.....

I have been stuck in the same spot for about 2 weeks now. It is really starting to depress me, and it really makes no sense. I did TO on Sunday and Monday, and still nothing, I am at the exact same spot, makes no sense. I have the mind to just throw in the towel, but heck it's already paid for now, what do I do?
donisha81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Keep going, that's what you do. I was stuck for about 3 weeks and then dropped 3lbs at one WI. Come to think of it, I was around your weight. I was between 200-220 for a few years. Then I gained more to 260. When I got to 220 it was like my body said, "Hey, I remember this" and didn't want to give it up.

Are you having any BLTs along the way? They can add up faster than you think too. Are you measuring your food and getting everything in every day? Post a couple of daily menus and we can all take a look and see if there's anything to tweak.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:06 AM   #3  
Nisha

I haven't done any (BLT's) really this week, because I did not want to mess up that TO. When I was doing take off, I did have like a teaspoon of unsalted sunflower seeds, would that make me stay the same? It's really frustrating because when I normally do FF I lose about 4lbs, but my COD was kinda adamant of the fact that TO would boost me more, and that I would lose more. I had a steak the day after TO, but everything was on plan, is that an issue?
Old 03-15-2007, 08:09 AM   #4  
Kate - LAWL since 10/06

S/C/G: 211.0/154.2/130.0

Height: 5'1"

Nisha -

I completely understand your frustration. I have just spent the last almost 4 weeks losing the same pound, and I have been really, really good with staying on plan. However, I went to WI yesterday and lost 2.6 pounds!!! Cassi is right. Once you lose a big chunk of weight, your body starts holding on to those pounds for dear life. Keep at it and you will see a loss! Whatever you do, don't give up girlie. We are here for you!!!
katiebug77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:12 AM   #5  
Kate - LAWL since 10/06

S/C/G: 211.0/154.2/130.0

Height: 5'1"

My COD usually recommends that I stick to lighter proteins for a couple of days after TO, like chicken, fish, turkey. So, I usually wait awhile before having red meat.
katiebug77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Even though the steak wasn't the best choice for after TO, it still shouldn't necessarily cause no weight loss. I know it sucks, but just try to be patient for 2 more weeks. Then you can raise cain with your COD! Stay strong. We're here for you.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:15 AM   #7  
Nisha

Maybe it was the red meat, I have not been eating red meat too often, prolly within the last month I can say I ate it like twice. But I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles. Thanks for the encouraging words guys, maybe I will see a loss soon.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:23 AM   #8  
LAWL Salt Police

Donisha,
I can't imagine, that the red meat or the sunflower seeds, if you only had what's allowed in your menu, would have thrown your TO off. You should have at least seen something..

Liz is the queen of plateaus, so she probably has some insight.. But she's mired with a huge project at work and doesn't really have time to post..

I think her plateau at 180 lasted a month.. Some people lose fast. Some lose slow and some bounce back and forth for a while.

You've come a long way so far.. Don't give up!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:46 PM   #9  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Nisha,

I've been stuck between 156 and 159 for 13 weeks now!

I did TO twice, both times had no change whatsoever. COD won't allow me to put myself through the torture again. I stay on plan 6 out ot 7 days, and when I go off it's not by much. The only thing that's keeping me going is that in those 13 weeks I've lost 13 inches. At least I'm dropping somewhere even if it's not the scale.

I wish I could tell you mix things around and it'll break the plateau, but none of that's worked. I did up the workouts and dropped 3 pounds last week. When I walked into COD on Tuesday, I said I knew I was going to be up. Yup, I was up 2.2 !

Just hang in there, I actually took my goal from 145 pounds to a 27 1/2 inch waist. It just seems more doable at this option. Plus, when one of the regional managers crunched the my pounds to inches ratio that's all of about 4 pounds away. That is if I can ever drop below 156!
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote