Old 03-14-2007, 02:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 254

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy HELP!!! Losing Focus

HELP! Someone left 15 boxes of Girl Scout cookies on the kitchen table at work this morning and labeled them free. I couldn't say no to "FREE" so I took 4 boxes. 3 of them are still closed and I'm taking them to give to my brother. But, I opened one of them. I had two cookies and put the box away in my cabinet. Then, I heard some coworkers say they were opening some of the boxes and leaving them out to share. So, I decided to do the same. I took my box of the cabinet and now their on top of the cabinet for all to reach (including myself). I've now had 9 cookies (6 of my own and 3 from another box). The cookies are everywhere and I can't seem to stop.

HELP!
julzchiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

OK...Free isn't really free... You see how many miles would you have to walk just to burn off the calories from one of those cookies? If I were you I would get them away from you. Personally I would just toss them. But if you want give them to a skinny kid. It's really not worth setting yourself up for a cookiefest. Those darn girlscouts....I remember how I used to order them ahead and then after I had been really good that girlscout would come deliver my cookies and here I am on program...sugar free and there she would be. So do yourself a favor and get it out of your reach. haha!

Tina
onmyown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:47 PM   #3  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Darn girl scouts!!
Hang tough julzchiki!! Keep telling yourself that they aren't that good (read the label if you don't believe that!). Drink a bunch of water and start chewing gum.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:48 PM   #4  
Losin' it forever!

Tina, that is exactly what happened to me! I ordered them a few months ago and then two weeks ago, they were delivered and I had forgotten all about ordering them! I put them AWAY! Out of sight, out of mind (I had one shortbread cookie and that was it!) and that is working for me.

I agree, get them where you can't see them because it is so not worth it! There is always going to be a "Girlscout Cookie" but at times it will look like chocolate cake, or pie, or a candy bar. Learning to say no is hard, but it is something we all have to do in order to achieve our goals! What's that saying? "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Get rid of them. NOW! What I keep telling myself is that the things I want will still be there when I get to maintenance. The girl scouts and their dang cookies are not going away. They will be there when you get to maintenance.

PS Does anyone know WHY they always deliver their cookies right after the new year when everyone is making new resolutions???? They should deliver these things in October or November when everyone is saying "I'll lose weight in January".
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Funny, people here pass around their kids cookie order forms, and I always feel guilty for not ordering... to a point, anyway. Just last week I ordered two boxes of those damn tagalongs, with no intention to actually eat them. I'm going to give one to my girlfriend and one to my dad. And maybe after I give them away I'll ask for ONE cookie. Ha.

I say give them away or put them back where the rest of them are.

Last edited by djs06; 03-14-2007 at 03:06 PM.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:37 PM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

My girls' school keeps doing every food fundraiser under the sun! Cookies, pizza, Chik-fil-A night. I told my girls that our new healthier lifestyle doesnt have room in it for these types of fundraisers and I wish their school would try a fund raiser that didnt involve food. So, next they bring home a fund raiser for Yankee Candle. Darn! Those things sure are expensive! But, they arent food related so I guess I have to participate.

Dr. Phil talks about creating a fail safe environment. We've done that in our home and it does work. My advice is the same as everyone else....throw the darn cookies away!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:21 PM   #8  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

I agree. Toss them! You won't lose anything because they were free in the first place. The darn girlscouts got me too. I bought a box of Trefoils, and put them up in my work cabinet untouched. Bad day came, and the box was gone within 2 days. I wish I would have trashed mine when they came.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 254

Height: 5'3"

Thank you, thank you, thank you. When I get in that mode I can't think clearly. I put the open box in someone else's cubicle which is farther away from mine and OUT OF SIGHT. The closed boxes that I was going to take home for my brothers would have ended up at my house so I gave them to my coworker who has two sons of which they have girlfriends. She was tickled that she was getting these boxes and they are going to be far far far far away from me. Thank you! Thank you!

Phew! I feel better now. I had the cookies I ate this morning but I have no more worries of eating any more.

Lake Girl, you're right. "Girl Scout cookies" come in many forms... cookies, candy, cakes, etc.

I can go on with my day knowing I made a better choice.
julzchiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:27 AM   #10  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi jultchiki!

I'd bet you it was some SKINNY CHICK who donated those cookies! That's how they STAY SKINNY!

Those Thin Mints have ALWAYS been my downfall! I can resist the Trefoils and the Tagalongs, but those THIN MINTS...Ooooooh!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:37 AM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good for you, you did just great by getting rid of those evil, evil cookies.

But man oh man those thin mints ARE hard to resist. I say ban them. Like cigarettes and other lethal items.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Good job getting rid of them!! I (to keep from feeling guilty) now just donate cash when I am confronted to buy them.
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:49 AM   #13  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Good for you for getting rid of the extra cookies and not eating any more!

I've been seeing those darned Girl Scouts at area stores and have been wishing for some thin mints, but so far have been good. Free cookies right at my fingertips though - I'm not sure if I could have resisted that!

I agree with Cheryl, it was probably some skinny woman who got rid of them!
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:45 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizlawchik View Post
Get rid of them. NOW! What I keep telling myself is that the things I want will still be there when I get to maintenance. The girl scouts and their dang cookies are not going away. They will be there when you get to maintenance.
I've been in maintenance for 2 years and I would have big problems with opened packages of Girl Scout cookies at work. I am still the same person, I still have difficulties with Girl Scout cookies (especially Thin Mints, especially if they've been in the freezer!). I couldn't open a package of Thin Mints and stop at 2 now anymore than I could have opened a package of Thin Mints 3 years ago and eaten 2 and stopped. I don't know if I will EVER be able to handle a box of Girl Scout cookies, if it were just me and the cookies at my house.

I do have treats, but I make sure it is a "controlled environment" - like splitting a dessert in a restaurant. Or ordering 1 scoop of ice cream in a cup. Opened packages of Girl Scout cookies in the breakroom at work? I run. The only thing that would save me was the promise I made 3 years ago that I do not eat "free" food in the breakroom - that includes home made fudge, birthday cake, whatever. I don't eat that.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:56 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I like the idea of no "free" food. There's always a ton of it here, and 99% of the time I'm pretty good, but creating that rule is good. I like it. Thanks!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote