Old 03-07-2007, 04:42 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #179 Bale of Turtles Looking for Sun!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:47 PM   #2  
Chick

Princess, to your dh. Have a good evening . I'm glad you're feeling the results from your cardio. Weigh to go!

I had my WI this week and lost 1.6# Now I'm heading in the right direction. Also, took charge of a few things that turned out well. I bought WW snacks to have when I have a craving for the nuts and seeds my dh has stocked the house with. I know it's stupid, but those things are trigger foods for me. To be fair, he needs them in the program for good health he is following, so it is up to me to avoid them. I've got a plan and that makes me feel like I can do it. Also stayed after the meeting this morning to listen to the explanation of Turn Around for two other new members. Turns out they have all been members of WW's for as long as I have. It made me feel good that I'm not the only person who has tried for a very long time and not done it. I like Ariana's attitude and I'm working on getting my head there.

Take care, be well, drink your water and exercise!
Judy
234.6/217.6/thinner into onederland!
By the way, a WW who's been coming for a year finally got into onederland this morning! I can do that too!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Thursday!

Morning all, last night was fun and DH got lots of stuff for our trip to Hawaii... he wanted a few gift certificates and such and got his wish. For his b-day dinner he has asked for Pizza from Pappa Murphy's which is a bake at home place but they have a delight pizza that is just awesome and only 3.5 points per serving and I love the stuff so I saved up my points and had three slices... I also had a fruit plate ready when everyone got there with lite fruit dip along with some beverages so that everyone had something while he opened his presents. It worked out well and I had a very tiny piece of cake, all in all I did very well and was pretty proud of myself.

Judy: You rock! 1.6 is awesome, keep going!

How is everyone else doing... kind of quiet around here lately, hope all is well with everyone.

Have a happy day!
Susan
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:01 AM   #4  
Chick

Princess,
Wow! Your really planned how to take care of yourself at your dh Weigh to go!

I finally weaned myself from nuts (my trigger food) yesterday and am feeling sure that I can lose one pound a week, on average. Everybody--drink water and exercise. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Old 03-08-2007, 03:37 PM   #5  
Kerri

S/C/G: 222/204/146

Height: 5"3"

Hi to you all today.....

Wow to Judy for the loss... I know how ya feel I went today for my WI....I was early this week as I am going to be busy Friday and Saturday and I am also down...2.4 over here..I have almost lost all the vacation weight..Wow this is so darned hard..I have not changed my profile as I am determined to get back there soon..

Sure hope everyone here are well and staying warm..I will not even mention the fact that I just returned from the pool and my water exercises...
kerriscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Congrats to all you turtles losing weight! Good for you, keep it going.

Warmer up here today and so far this week I have stayed OP and got to the gym this evening before coming home from work. Last week the weather was too bad to go.

Going to try and get some more stuff in basement sorted this weekend. What a challenge that is - but at least I am making some progress.

Everyone, keep up with the great week. Bye for now.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:08 AM   #7  

Default Happy Friday!

Oh yes, Friday is finally here, for some reason it was a long week so I am extra glad to see it arrive.

The scale is moving downward so I have high hopes for tomorrow's W/I, I have journaled faithfully, did 10 miles worth of cardio and really watched my snacking as well as my sodium intake... I pray that is works as I could really use a boost right now.

We are supposed to hit 60 degrees here today with the sun shining bright... Spring is coming soon!

Bandit: I will also be working on getting things put away, repacked or sent to Goodwill this weekend. We have lots of stuff that just needs to either find a home in our house or find a new home all together. Have a productive weekend!

Kerri: Great job! You rock! I am so jealous! I love water aerobics and used to take them when I had my YMCA membership... have a great weekend!

Judy: Awesome job on the food triggers! Now nuts I could pass by, I like them very much but with me it is chocolate and sweets! Have a wonderful weekend!

Ariana: Are you traveling this week and I just missed it? Hope all is well with you and that you are on track and feeling good. Have an awesome weekend!

Chris: Where have you been lately? Hope all is well with you...

Have to run,
Susan
Old 03-09-2007, 02:36 PM   #8  

Oh my god, what a week. Ladies, this is the first time I have had an opportunity to check-in all week. I tell you, it's crazy! I've been running errands every day during lunch and working or working out the rest of the time. (I did go to Victoria's Secret on Thursday with some ladies from work, but that was kind of an errand too, because I had a free panty coupon from there that I wanted to redeem.) I'll quickly scan people's messages, but I don't really have time right now to reply in depth. I mostly wanted to say hello, let you guys know that I'm still alive and kicking, and that I missed you!

Besides being a crazy week, I'm up again. This is so freaking frustrating. I realized that I've only lost 1.5 pounds, or something like that in the last month. I know it's much better than maintaining, and far less frustrating, but I'm still aggravated. My mom keeps reminding me that what matters most is that it's consistently going down long-term, and it is, but I just have a goal, and I keep slipping behind it. But I had to gripe, because it is vexing.

So, I've taken a look at what I might be doing wrong to cause this much yo-yoing (I've been going up 1.2, down 2.4, up 1.2, down 1.2, you get the idea.) I tried working 5x a week, but that just doesn't fit well with social life and/or work. So, I need to watch what I eat more closely. I am rededicating myself to ignoring temptations at work, and when I get home from work, if I want something to eat, I have a piece of fruit instead of .5 oz of pretzels (the same point count, technically, but the fruit is more filling, and it's probably better for me.) I'm also going to cut back on watch my weekend eating, and see how I do with that. It's hard, I've been under a lot of pressure at work, but I've decided that I'm not working late during the week at all; it just burns me out, is not as productive, and makes it impossible for me to stand to work on the weekend. The bottom line is that I'm frustrated, but I'm re-evaluating, and I'm going to cut what I think is causing the problem, and see how I do. I'm also considering doing spinning class tomorrow, although that does exhaust me. We'll see. So I'm frustrated, but I'm sure not giving up. I got this far, and I'll figure out the rest, with your help and support, ladies, and my own determination.

If this doesn't work out, I may go back to counting points instead of the Wendie plan. Or core. Maybe I just need a change.

Also, someone asked if I had a good weekend. Yes, I did. I cleaned out and organized my closet, sold some stuff to Twice as Nice (clothing resale shop), took the rest to charity, bought a new lipstick, went to dinner with a friend and played rummy-kub...this weekend, I am going to games night tonight, and hosting a social group event tomorrow night (we're going to see that Zodiac movie.) Princess, I'm glad that you enjoyed the book. It's one of my favorites. No, I haven't been travelling. Just working FRANTICALLY.

Deep breaths and good thoughts, ladies. Have a wonderful weekend!
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:03 AM   #9  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, Hawaii here you come! and looking mighty better in your swimsuit too!

Kerri, You are doing great! No need to change your profile for a minor upward glitch. You are dealing with that, and are determined to keep going in the right direction. You said it all when you said, "it's hard", but the wonderful thing is that with this site we can express our frustration, get new ideas, and keep on keepin' on. Your profile is great. I wish mine were as good, but I am determined to improve as well. I envy your warm swimming weather!

Bandit, Exercise and de-cluttering all in one week. Wow! I am impressed. Keep up the good work and let us know the :

Ariana,
We missed U 2! I'm glad you've changed your "go to" food to a piece of fruit instead of pretzels. They are both fast to find and eat, but I'm sure the fruit is much better for you. I feel as long as you have a "plan", even if it needs to be tweaked here and there, you'll be fine.

Chris,
Where are you? We miss you! Post about yourself in any spare moment you have.

I did great yesterday. My dd, dfsil, dh and I went about wedding details for their upcoming marriage. We even went to a bakery to inquire about the cake and decorations and I didn't buy any of the treats, etc.
It was a long day since my dh and I are planning a St. Patty's Day party too and there's lots going on here that I worked on before the dear couple arrived. Mostly I want to let you know I planned what to have for dinner before we left for the catering hall. Although we ran later than I would have liked, when we got home I put on the oven, grabbed a kiwi to eat since I was starving, and cooked a WW friendly dinner. We continued with plans until late in the night, and I kept my eating down to a minimum. I'm trying tracking my 35 points better than before, , and eating in response to hunger, not boredom. Let's all keep on keepin' on!
Judy
Old 03-12-2007, 09:16 AM   #10  

Default Happy Monday!

Happy Monday all!

Oh yeah! I have to say I had the best W/I I have had in a very very long time... I went and got on the scale and.... drum roll please!... I was down 6.8 lbs! Following the Wendie plan, the extra cardio, the no snacking and watching my salt, it all really paid off... brings my grand total to 42.6 pounds lost and gone for good!

I am thrilled beyond belief...

I have to run for now but will check back later on.

Susan
Old 03-12-2007, 10:28 AM   #11  
Chick

Princess,
I am going to immediately go out and hunt for more smilies for you!!
:

That is an amazing weight loss. I think it is fantastic that you put all your energies into figuring out what to do and then you did it! Weigh to go!

I am also looking forward to a good WI this week. I've let myself get and stay a tiny bit hungrier than I usually like to do to shake up my weight loss.

Good luck and : to us all!
Judy
Old 03-12-2007, 01:08 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi ladies:

Princess - congratulations!!! That is incredible - good for you!

Judy - good luck on your w/i this week. Hope it's great.

I stayed the same at my w/i on Fri but was OK with that since weekend before I really had quite abit of stuff I shouldn't of had. Hopefully will be down this upcoming week.

Was warmer weather on weekend, but they are calling for another storm to hit Friday. Hope they are wrong. I still have about 3 ft of snow around my house.

Hope everyone else is doing great as well.

Have a good week!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:52 PM   #13  

Ladies: Good afternoon. How was everyone's weekend? I went to a game's night Friday night and had too much to drink and, consequently, ate too much junk (drunk = no resistance power). Saturday I tried to keep it more in control, and I brought 2 See's lollipops to the movie (2 lollipops = 2-3 points), and had a small popcorn and a diet coke. For dinner I ordered a chicken dish and vegetables, and I didn't havea ton of the sauce (sometimes where the calories lie), so hopefully that was okay, since Saturday is my SHD on the Wendie plan. I then went out drinking again (with the same person who encouraged me to drink on Friday night -- Paul.) I'm not a big drinker -- the last time I was drunk before this weekend was August of last year -- so I felt terrible Sunday and only a tiny bit better today. Let's just say I've had enough of "heavy" drinking for the next six months. ("Heavy" for me was 2 glasses of wine on Friday night and 2-3 drinks on Saturday night.) I don't really know how things went because alcohol has calories, so I'll hope for maintaining this week. I decided to "un-RSVP" for Paul's event this week, a happy hour where I will no doubt be urged to drink and sorely tempted to eat junk food with everyone else. I begged off, saying that I had eaten too much junk this weekend and still felt lousy, so I needed an extra night to workout and make up for some of my "sins", which is true. I'll be working out 5x this week, since a friend and I are going to do spinning class Friday and then out for dinner. So maybe next week will be better. Right now I am frustrated with the slow speed of my WL, but I understand that if I really want to ramp it up, I'll have to recommit myself to following my points more closely and no side snacking, starting now. We'll see how it goes. Other than playing too hard this week, I did get some work in, made some extra money for my credit cards. I'm on track to pay it all off by the end of June (the original CC debt was $8,000); it's taken me 5 years to find a job where I could really afford more money to put aside for my CC's, and it's taken a big chunk of that time to get myself to live within a budget, but I'm finally doing it. (Shopping was my other stress relief besides food back in the day, which is how I got into such debt.) Anyway, I hope you ladies had a great weekend, and I will talk to you ASAP, but probably not until Thursday (I have errands Tuesday and Wednesday.) Take care, ladies!

Judy: thank you. I hope the fruit instead of pretzels and all of the little tweaks will do the trick. It sounds like you are on track, planning for healthy eating. What a wonderful thing! How did your WI go?

Princess: that is an amazing weight loss! WTG! How inspiring! It really shows what you can do when you put your mind to it, huh?

Bandit -- maintaining is always better than gaining, right? I hope your weather stays nice...
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:32 AM   #14  

Default Happy Tuesday

Morning all, I am only half awake this morning, I just did not sleep well last night at all, actually I have not for the past few nights and it is catching up with me.

Thanks for all the congrat's... I was very excited about having such a big loss but am also worried that I may rebound a bit. I will not be W/I on this Saturday as we have to travel south to USI to do a college visit with my DS. It is approx 4 hours away so we are leaving Friday night and will be back Saturday evening. I am determined to keep at it so I hope for a good W/I the following weekend.

We are supposed to hit the 70's here today... how exciting is that?!?!?!? I am looking forward to a work out after work, throwing some chicken on the grill and then maybe a bike ride!!!!

I have to run but will pop back later to reply to everyone.

Have a great day!
Susan
Old 03-14-2007, 01:45 PM   #15  
Chick

Princess,
Do the best you can while you're on the road checking out colleges. You can do this. Plan and prepare and stock a tiny lunch carrier with pre-packaged applesauce, carrots, apples, oranges, pears--whatever you like. Eating out, you've done very well in the past. Good luck I know you can do this!

Ariana, you're doing a lot. Tackling extra weight and CC's can't be easy, but boy is it worth doing! Hey, you learned something about yourself this past weekend, and that's always worthwhile. I'm sending you :

I'm back from my WI. Of course I worked so hard this week with food and exercise, I expected to lose 4#. Get real, Judy! I did lose 1.2#. I know if I keep up the good work, I can lose another pound this week (even with our St. Patty's Day bash this Friday). So onward and downward as Lauren always said. : I'm up for the challenges and will do the best I can each and every day.

Kerri, it is taking me endless amounts of time to knock off the three pounds I put on over the last few weeks. It's a struggle, but soon I'll be where I can look at new weight losses, at least for this year. If that doesn't make sense, this is what I mean: About 7 years ago I rejoined WW's for the umpteenth time. At that point I weighed the most of my life: 234.6#. That first year I lost 34 pounds and almost made it into onederland on the WW's scale. THe next year I gained and lost and ended the year exactly in the same spot. In the ensuing years, I gained, quit WW's, rejoined, lost, yo-yoed, etc. As recently as October, 2006, I weighed about 5# less than I do now. So, that's my recent weight history. Now I am determined to do things differently than I have in the past and am determined not to gain since it takes me weeks to get that weight off. Send me some encouragement since it really helps!
Judy
234.6/216.4/thinner into onederland