Old 03-12-2007, 04:17 PM   #1  

Default what prevents you from going to the fridge?

do you have some kind of picture stuck on it (and does it help?) or do you just give yourself a (talk)? im trying to figuere this out because when im bored i think im hungry and iam tempted to go to my kitchen.. i just cut out a picture from a gorgeous girl out of my glamour magazine and im about to paste it on there.
babeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Brush my teeth
Weigh myself (keeps me pushing on)
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I tell myself that for the next 30 minutes I'm not going to eat anything and then make myself a cup of flavored tea w/splenda. Usually works because by the time 30 mins is up I'm filled with the hot liquid.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

-Wait 15 minutes
-Drink a lot of water
- Drink a hot cup of tea
-Read/write in your journal all the reasons why you want to lose the weight
-Read
-Exercise/take a walk
-Chew gum
-Straighten the house
-Remeber that I want to be thin and healthy waaaay more then I want the food.

By all means put the pretty picture up. Better yet do you perhaps have a picture of you near or at your goal weight? You might want to stick that up there as well.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:14 PM   #5  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

I try to keep the bad stuff out of the house in the first place. I don't know if that's possible for you. Early on, I bought a box of Teddy Grahams, with the intention of eating 1 serving at a time. Hahaha. That didn't go too well. So now I don't buy them at all.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:28 PM   #6  

Ditto on keeping the junk out of the house If it's not there, I can't eat it.

I also keep healthy snacks at the ready, so if I *do* go to the fridge I can help myself to something without feeling bad about it - there are containers of cut up veggies, and some of those little portion cups with lids that contain hummus and my own light ranch dip for dipping. I also have cut fruit in other containers, ready to make up a quick fruit salad or whatever - I just replenish them every couple of days. It's helped me a LOT when it comes to snacking -the way I've got it set up, it would actually be more work for me to find something high in calories to eat, because I'd either need to go to the store (not gonna' happen!) or cook (which I don't typically bother with if all I want is a snack).
sugarlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:27 PM   #7  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

1. First and foremost keep junk out of the house.

2. I eat regularly at mealtimes. I don't know what exactly kicked in that I can stick to this but it works for me, it's like an unspoken agreement I have with myself. I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. If I am hungry in between I will have something. I also make sure I drink a specified amount of milk, have a bit of yogurt, and drink a certain amount of water/tea during the day so if I really want something I'll first check to see how much of these I've had, and if I still haven't had all - I'll have them. Does that make any sense?
I check labels too. Somehow, having more of this or that food doesn't seem worth it after I check the caloric content.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:47 AM   #8  

Do something with your hands. It's goofy, but I play Tetris on my son's gameboy at night when (and if) I have down time and want something after dinner.
busysinglemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:20 AM   #9  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Hello Everyone!! I always read in here and know many of you far... far better then you know me. I have gotten some of my better "Thinspiration" in here Thank You for that and this thread. Because perhaps I can give a lil back.

I've just recently taken to wearing a thin, loose rubber-band around my wrist. Its practically weightless and invisable to me until I find myself trolling thru the cupboards, or the fridge, even those not so nice for the figure grocery store isles, idly toying with my rubber-band... Then WHAMMO! I will snap that sun of a gun. Reminding myself to be mindful NOT mindless. In fact (remeber I just started this ) everytime I find myself in a weakened state where food could blindside me... I am going to snap that rubber-band on my wrist. Reminding myself to SNAP out of it. That I am trying to accomplish something here. That I am more important then that weak moment. And finally that Food wont solve/cure/ or make me feel better. In fact more often then not it makes me feel worse bringing with it so many negatives feelings of failure, guilt... ~shudders and shakes it off~ This will anchor me and bring me back to the here and now.

You know what, just writing this I think I have given new meaning to the old saying.... "No Pain, No Gain"

Have a Great Day everyone!!

Sincerely,

sassy
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

I used to have a picture of me at my worst. My husband hated the picture I finally got rid of it. But it helped I thought I never want to look like that again. Stay OUT. Also I don't have much bad stuff around.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

NOTHING keeps me from going to the frig!! There isn't one thing in my frig that I couldn't eat! I've gotten rid of all the junk - there is only fresh vegies, fruit, plain yogurt, skim milk, water, etc......all good for me stuff in there! (same goes for the freezer) I don't have issues with cravings, and if I did - I would have to pig out on cucmbers, carrots or apples!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:02 PM   #12  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

There isn't any junk in my fridge or cabinets anymore....but, I bet you I could find something to pig out on if I really wanted to!

What prevents me from going to the fridge is simple distraction. I work from home and can hear the fridge calling me sometimes. Especially on the days I have a big workload or I'm trying to work with distractions...ie, kids home sick.
I usually sign onto 3FC and read the newest posts/threads. Seeing the tickers and reading the NSV and One reason threads usually will "remind" me of why I'm ignoring that untimely call from the fridge!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:44 PM   #13  

Height: 5.6

I make it a habit to try not to ever get bored - boredom is a very dangerous thing for me. I have learned from past mistakes....

But, like Rhonda - if I do get bored and think I am hungry - I will log on here first and see what it going on - there have been times when I have wandered all over the website until the wee hours of the morning....LOL

If I know that there no way it is possible at all for me to be hungry - I will do situps, surf the site, read, flip through every channel on the tube, if it is day time - I will go outside - if it is night - I have two teenagers that can come up with something to do.

It sounds horrible - but, I am among friends, so I will admit this... but even with no junk food in my house, I know exactly how much damage I can do when on a "I am bored - so I must be hungry fest" - so I honestly would not go into my kitchen if it were on fire.
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:33 PM   #14  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Before...NOTHING prevented me from going to the fridge, the cupboard, the drawers, the pantry...

Now...I double check my Fitday calorie total. If I still have calories left (Hardly ever do!), then I go get something more. If I have no calories left, I go get some water, have a nice cup of tea, brush my teeth AND swish with Listerine (NOTHING tastes good after Listerine!!! )

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote