Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 03-13-2007, 12:44 AM   #1  
Heather

S/C/G: 203/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Finally!!!

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to tell you all that I have been dieting for a month now, and for the first 3 weeks, I lost 12 lbs, which was probably mostly fluid loss, but anyway... I have been at a plateau for the last week, stuck at 184 lbs, and getting frustrated, because the scale just would not budge. Usually, when I hit a plateau, I have a tendency to get frustrated and give up, but not this time. This time, I just hung in there and waited. And, the scale finally moved 2 lbs today. I was so happy, I could have busted.... According to Fitday calculations, I have to lose a 1.25 lbs a week to meet my goal, thats apprx. 5 lbs a month... That is really too slow, but I think I can do it (hopefully faster). I just hope that I don't hit anymore plateaus and get discouraged and quit. I know me....

The funny thing is that I don't really feel like I'm on "a diet", I still eat most of what I ate before, just cut down on the portions, and maybe changed some of my side dish choices with my dinners (veggies instead of rice or potatoes, that sort of thing). I am totally changing the way I eat. I aim for 1500 calories a day, though I sometims exceed this number, I always try. The fattening stuff, the bad stuff, I take just a taste, just a tiny piece of cake or pie, or just 1 or 2 cookies instead of half the bag, 1 piece of chicken instead of 3, 1/2 a link of boudin instead of 2 whole links (Boudin - cajun pork and rice sausage - yummy)... I find I can stick to my plan better if I don't totally deprive myself of the things I really want.

I work in a restaurant, and it is hard to stay away from fattening stuff sometimes. My only savior is that I have worked there for 3 years, and I'm pretty well sick of everything that they serve I do not let myself overeat anymore. I used to stuff myself until I was uncomfortable and could not move. Now, I eat until I'm satisfied and I don't force myself to eat everything on my plate. And, I don't feel hungry all the time, like I do when I'm on "a diet". Crazy protien shakes and diet pills don't cut it for me I try to save the best stuff on my plate for last. I try each day to make healthier choices, and substitute good stuff for the not so good stuff I ate before. I try to stay away from white rice and bread and potatoes, which is hard for me because, being from a Cajun family, most Cajun dishes are eaten with rice... Guess I'll have to try a little brown rice instead... But, most of all, I try not to eat after 7 pm... tonight, I ate at 9:30 (and I'm still kicking myself about it) for the first time in a month, only because I fell asleep at 5, intending to take an hours nap, and woke up 4 hours later... oops... guess I have to stay up till midnight so my food has time to go down...

And, aside from my work as a waitress, I try to walk, a nice paced brisk walk, at least 30 minutes a day. The only thing that holds me back is the condition of my feet. Waiting tables and restaurant floors are hard on your feet. Being overweight doesn't help matters. My feet hurt every day, especially when I get up in the morning, sometimes I can barely walk.... so, I try to do extra laps when my feet don't hurt badly.

Last edited by cajungal328; 03-16-2007 at 09:40 PM.
cajungal328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:32 AM   #2  
one more time...

S/C/G: 183/157.8/133

Height: 5'4" no, 5'5"! I grew!

WTG! Sounds like you have made a great start. Welcome to 3FC by the way.
booskibabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:49 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Congrats! Please stick in there when it seems like you aren't losing! Sometimes it just a lesson in patience we need to learn. And if you feel healthy and good, it shouldn't be THAT bad to wait it out. Yay for your two pounds after that wait! And don't kick yourself over that one meal! It was kind of inevitable. It doesn't really matter WHEN we eat...waiting just gives you more time to burn if off. Definitely don't kick yourself over that!

Keep working! It'll definitely show up!
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:34 PM   #4  
Heather

S/C/G: 203/180/130

Height: 5'3"

The scale went down another pound today.... I am so hyped!!! Every pound I see gone makes me want this more and more. I gives me more incintive to keep going!!! I want this soooo bad I can taste it!!!

130.... here I come!

PS... I see some people weighing about the same as me (180 something)wearing size 12s... OMG! I am still in size 18, I may be able to squeeze into a 16... maybe... That's not fair!!!! The last time I was in 13/14 I was less than 150 lbs.... and then they were tight enough to cut me in half. What's wrong with this picture????
cajungal328 is offline   Reply With Quote